Author Topic: AMD OpenCL Momentum miner  (Read 351721 times)

Offline justmwa

• View Profile
    • PTS Stats!
Re: fast AMD OpenCL PTS miner released
« Reply #434 on: February 18, 2014, 07:04:05 pm »
Is Linux-based OS faster for Tahiti-based cards (79XX and 280 cards) as well? I am getting 2700cpm with a 1Ghz 7950 and can't get this number on Ubuntu for some reason...
Thanks!
Unpaid PTS Stats
PTS:PhE77ocVCEaQVdxHHsMHixyBqrhiPhpdEw XPM:AZr7WijkyktevRvdyCCjrvti39hp5mw6Tj BTC:1GFHGxticHrtpXuavh3jMjGmfFVCT2zExM

Offline Alec246

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:33 pm »
http://mrx.im/pts.php?cpm=1750

But you can't plan for expected difficulty there. And it wouldn't matter, because I think it changes over time, so there;s no sure way to know the next difficulty

Offline Aselert

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »
Hi guys,

I would like to establish a forecast of profitability. Is someone could help me?

For example, knowing how much is the monthly PTS mining profitability with the same RIG (cpm) speed? Taking into account the rising progressive difficulty. Even for an idea...?

Thank you! ;)

Offline chaosz88

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:21 pm »
Bug reported to developer.

I have 4 r9 290x running on ubuntu 12.10. The driver is 13.12 linux. I tried to run clptes  error message.

error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)

Any idea to fix it?

I have the same error for my 3 R9 290x's as well

"error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)"

Just wasted my whole day off setting up ubuntu and installing 13.12 drivers with "joshpatten / mining-bootstrap script "  and no luck

I'm so frustrated rights now  :(

Just dont get it.

All my devices are shown with aticonfig

Reward for Helping!!

Anyone who can guide me to getting my R9 290x's installed and working on any Linux distro, as easy as possible

I will send you a Battlefield 4 Origin Code. I currently have 3 listed on eBay but will pull them off and if I can get some helpful progress to anyone that contributes.

I'm a bit of a noob with Linux so please have detailed info. Your help won't go unnoticed.

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 LTS with AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta driver.

This error just happened on me today when I run clpts. I test with command: aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt and it show that it can get my 1st R9 290's temperature but fail to get my 2nd R9 290's temperature. Then I tried

command:
sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f

After the command above and restarting of computer, suddenly it work again  :D
I am a newbie to Ubuntu @.@ Not sure but hope this can solve your problem too.

Offline kskwerl

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:46 am »
Which Catalyst driver should I be using for my 290x's under Ubuntu?

Offline nanaya

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:07 am »
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
amd-catalyst-14.1-betav1.3

My ASUS 280X(OC 1135/1500 , two gpu threads , -a 1) get 3500c/m , 290(OC 1050/1250 , powertune 20% , two gpu threads , -a 0) get 3900 c/m.

Thanks a lot NaN!

Offline antonio8

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 18, 2014, 07:33:47 am »
Silly question.

I am running clptsv0.2.2 om ypool.

When I left for work my 280X was running at 2,900 c/m. Now it is only at 2,200 c/m. I restarted it and no difference. didn't change the bat file or anything. Actually my 270, 270X, both 7850's also are running under what they were before.

Would the change in difficulty on ypool affect the c/m? Or might I have something else going on?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:24:36 pm by antonio8 »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 18, 2014, 06:49:46 am »
I found this guide on editing your bios to undervolt AMD GPU's on linux. Someone should give it a try and share your results, of course know that this is at your own risk. I am extremely busy with my work and school schedule so I most likely won't get to it this week.

http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/10/undervolting-in-linux-via-modified-bios/

This is a great article and find but unfortunately it doesn't apply to those with R9 290(x). Perhaps someone will come up with a solution
for those of us with linux + r9 290(x) in the near future. I do know someone that used this mod and it worked great!

does "radeonvolt" not work on the new cards?  that's what i used to use a year ago or so
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline scrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 18, 2014, 05:49:03 am »
I’ve tried ubuntu 12.04 many times(with many version catalyst), but no luck.
After reinstall ubuntu 13.10 , all works well.
So I suggest using ubuntu 13.10 .

I have 4 r9 290x running on ubuntu 12.10. The driver is 13.12 linux. I tried to run clptes  error message.

error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)

Any idea to fix it?

"error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)"

Just wasted my whole day off setting up ubuntu and installing 13.12 drivers with "joshpatten / mining-bootstrap script "  and no luck

Just dont get it.

Reward for Helping!!

Anyone who can guide me to getting my R9 290x's installed and working on any Linux distro, as easy as possible

I will send you a Battlefield 4 Origin Code. I currently have 3 listed on eBay but will pull them off and if I can get some helpful progress to anyone that contributes.

I'm a bit of a noob with Linux so please have detailed info. Your help won't go unnoticed.

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:31 am »
Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)
Normally, this error indicates that no X server is running or that the driver does not function properly. Did you run sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial (after that you have to reboot) and what does dmesg | grep -i fglrx tell you? Is a X server running (i.e. does ps -A | grep X return anything)? Otherwise you have to execute the binary as root.

Offline Toque

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:13 am »

Any idea to fix it?

Just dont get it.

Reward for Helping!!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:39:29 am by Toque »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2014, 03:59:48 am »

Should I add the lines
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Before the rest of the commands in the .bat? Does this makes any different in this miner?

Thx!
Well. I set up a cgminer bat yesterday and accidentally put GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 0 and my GPU would not mine at all even with the PTS miner. It ends up in the environment variables in Windows 7, so its a command that will apply to different programs if you set it for one.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:01:25 am by newmine »

Offline morecpmplz

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2014, 02:44:32 am »
Should I add the lines

Before the rest of the commands in the .bat? Does this makes any different in this miner?

Thx!

Better yet I'd love for someone to explain what these variables are actually doing.  Also, I noticed they are used in various scripts on Linux, do these variables offer the same functions there?

Offline mbender71

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:10 pm »
THEORETICAL QUESTION

Which would be more efficient, or would it even matter at all :

1) Ypool : run clpts-v0.2.2 with all of your GPUs at once in one window (two threads each GPU)
    (i.e. one instance of clpts-v0.2.2)

or

2) Ypool : run clpts-v0.2.2 for EACH GPU in a separate window (two threads each GPU)
    (i.e. "n" instances of clpts-v0.2.2)

In the first scenario you have ONE worker on Ypool and on the second you have "n" number of workers.
I guess the question is really geared towards NaN who knows the in's out's of how the AMD drivers thread
and also about how Ypool (or any pool for that matter) distributes blocks to solve. Thanks in advance!

Offline Alec246

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2014, 07:17:36 pm »
Should I add the lines

Thx!