Author Topic: AMD OpenCL Momentum miner  (Read 351750 times)

Offline morecpmplz

• View Profile
Re: fast AMD OpenCL PTS miner released
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:40 am »
@lir111: What are your command line options?

Ouch meaning what? Sucked he had to have someone else fix it? Or that 14.1 drivers suck?
No, "ouch" because AMD f***ed it up. I hoped that those times were over... That is not the only problem with the Catalyst drivers (e.g. the 290(X) performance inconsistency in Windows and Linux)

I so hope the Windows issue is resolved for the 290x's.  Not sure how long I can stomach Linux's lack of undervolting/clocking tools for these cards.  I can't even see what voltage my cards are running at... :(

Has anyone tried mining with the 14.1 drivers on windows with the 290x's?

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2014, 03:00:42 am »
The error indicates that something is wrong with OpenCL. I would check whether the AMD APP SDK is correctly uninstalled and I would try another driver installed via apt-get.

Offline battleaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2014, 02:46:33 am »
Here are the code lines I'm trying to start in the Terminal. Maybe there's something wrong here. I am on water. Could the absence of a fan be the culprit? I know on Windows I had to add a line to get it to work. Sure its different in Linux if this is the issue. Anyway, here's the code:

#!/bin/bash

./clpts -u username.minername -p password -t 0 -a 1

Offline battleaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2014, 02:32:17 am »
Rewrite your xorg.conf by running sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f and reboot.

I did this. No dice. Then I uninstalled and re-installed the 14.1 Catalyst drivers 3 times tonight hoping it would work. Still getting the same message. Error -1 on line 96 whatever that means. My 290 is fine, I can mine in windows, but I want to get this working in Linux. I'm really liking Linux other than this issue.

Well, crud. Seems my miner will not start in Linux. Stupid error code. There's nothing on the web about this either. The card shows up fine when running aticonfig --list-adapters. Everything else works as well it seems. I need some ideas if anyone has something for me to try?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:43:52 am by battleaxe »

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2014, 12:15:36 am »
@lir111: What are your command line options?

Ouch meaning what? Sucked he had to have someone else fix it? Or that 14.1 drivers suck?
No, "ouch" because AMD f***ed it up. I hoped that those times were over... That is not the only problem with the Catalyst drivers (e.g. the 290(X) performance inconsistency in Windows and Linux)

Offline battleaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2014, 12:10:04 am »
I wasn't implying it was a miner bug. I was able to get the miner to fire up on a 5770, even though it couldn't do anything. But when I put the 290 in the machine, then I get this code. I reinstalled the drivers, but same thing. I get this error. So I've got something wrong with the software installation otherwise. Been Googling for two days now. Nothing seems to work. This is the full error. Running AMD 13.12 drivers. And AMD APP SDK 2.9

** clpts - OpenCL PTS Pool Miner v0.2.2 (ypool.net only)
** by NaN - based on xptMiner by jh00 (clintar's code v1.1)
** If you like this software, please consider sending tips to: opencl.miner@gmail.com
** PTS:  PajuVUWrcPn5ksCFfrBiWQXvpwtE29dcN2
** BTC:  1AumJ5uzz1nuER7pBA6Bh4gNusaxhN85rc
** Your donations will encourage further optimization and development
** press CTRL+C to exit

Vendor of used platform (#1 / 1): Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)

Had a few work colleague fix this for me. 

I was just told AMD forgot some stuff when they released 13.12 and that was causing the problem. 

Instead of patching it, just use the AMD 14.1 beta instead and it should work.
ouch...

Offline lir111

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »
I'm running debian7 with amd 13.12 but only getting 7700c/m from my 3 280x, using multiple threads doesn't seem to improve rate, I'm using -a 1

Also CPU usage is very high 

Seems people are getting better results on windows ...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:07:24 am by lir111 »

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:18 pm »
I wasn't implying it was a miner bug. I was able to get the miner to fire up on a 5770, even though it couldn't do anything. But when I put the 290 in the machine, then I get this code. I reinstalled the drivers, but same thing. I get this error. So I've got something wrong with the software installation otherwise. Been Googling for two days now. Nothing seems to work. This is the full error. Running AMD 13.12 drivers. And AMD APP SDK 2.9

** If you like this software, please consider sending tips to: opencl.miner@gmail.com
** press CTRL+C to exit

error in xptMiner/clInit.cpp, line 96: Method clGetDeviceIDs(...) failed (errorcode -1)

I was just told AMD forgot some stuff when they released 13.12 and that was causing the problem. 

ouch...

Offline Toque

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2014, 09:37:35 pm »

** press CTRL+C to exit

Offline mbender71

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »
four, install amd app sdk 2.9
for what it's worth, it looks like sdk shipped with 13.12 is more recent than 2.9 (see dll versions). does it work better with older dlls?

There is no reason to install the SDK with 13.12. The OpenCL libraries are included. Only install if you want to compile, and even then
be VERY careful as I did try to install the SDK and compile but the SDK version didn't match well with the 13.12 drivers.

:-)

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »
You don't need to install the APP SDK for my miner because the OpenCL drivers for the GPU are integrated in the Catalyst driver.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:51:55 pm by NaN »

Offline justmwa

• View Profile
    • PTS Stats!
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
four, install amd app sdk 2.9
for what it's worth, it looks like sdk shipped with 13.12 is more recent than 2.9 (see dll versions). does it work better with older dlls?
Unpaid PTS Stats
PTS:PhE77ocVCEaQVdxHHsMHixyBqrhiPhpdEw XPM:AZr7WijkyktevRvdyCCjrvti39hp5mw6Tj BTC:1GFHGxticHrtpXuavh3jMjGmfFVCT2zExM

Offline lty616

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »

2x Sapphire R9 280x vapor-x oc 3gb ddr5 384bit
1 psu chieftech super 750w

My bat file: clpts_x86-64.exe -u x -p x -t 0,0,1,1 -a 2

Miner version: clpts-v0.2.2_win_x86-64

Undervolted as follow:

Core voltage (mv): 1094 mv
power limit: 0
core clock: 1055 mhz
memory clock: 1500 mhz
fan speed: 56%
Temp: Gpu0 - 66 oC
           GPU1 - 55 oC

Hi znakistu, I have very similar config just like you. My two 7970 are Sapphire ref. design cards. I flashed them to GHz bios (with default voltage 1.162v), which mean now they both have 1050/6000(effective), and yours are 1055/6000. Just wondering how stable have you run under that voltage, 1094mv? I am thinking to undervolt it but not sure how to test it, because the ref. design, my cards are now 85 oC and 82 oC. Hoping I can under volt it and give me some temp down. Can you share me your experience?

@NaN, our 7970/280X are all at sweet point with your num. 2 algorithm... It is weird. I tested each alg. one by one.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:13:20 pm by lty616 »

Offline battleaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:00 pm »
Rewrite your xorg.conf by running sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f and reboot.

I'm pretty sure I did this several times, but I'll try it again. Thanks NaN

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 20, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »