Author Topic: AMD OpenCL Momentum miner  (Read 351820 times)

Offline NoVaMiner

• View Profile
Re: fast AMD OpenCL PTS miner released
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2014, 11:20:05 am »
If you wanna install the Catalyst driver on Ubuntu, then please use the following guide: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Saucy_Installation_Guide
Make sure that you run sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial after the installation and reboot after that. --buildpkg Ubuntu/saucy has to be replaced by the name of your Ubuntu distro e.g. --buildpkg Ubuntu/raring.

Given the better speeds in Linux, I fought for many hours and finally got up and running thanks to that guide.

I had to use the 14.x Beta drivers because there is no Ubuntu/saucy target in 13.12.

My R9-290X-OC (Asus) is now running 4200c/m consistently under Linux Mint 16.  Very happy. 

Please enjoy your 2.5% NaN!  great work.

Offline xerion

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2014, 08:41:52 am »
@lir111: What are your command line options?

Ouch meaning what? Sucked he had to have someone else fix it? Or that 14.1 drivers suck?
No, "ouch" because AMD f***ed it up. I hoped that those times were over... That is not the only problem with the Catalyst drivers (e.g. the 290(X) performance inconsistency in Windows and Linux)

I so hope the Windows issue is resolved for the 290x's.  Not sure how long I can stomach Linux's lack of undervolting/clocking tools for these cards.  I can't even see what voltage my cards are running at... :(

Has anyone tried mining with the 14.1 drivers on windows with the 290x's?

I've been reluctant to try the 14.1 drivers because of the significant performance impacts seen with scrypt miners.  I know my performance on the ASUS R9-290XOC is crap (550KH/s) compared to where it should be.

In clpts I'm getting around 3250c/m with the R9-290X under Windows 8.1 and the 13.x AMD drivers.

How much better is it under Linux?

~4000cpm stock and ~4500 cpm with OC.

Wow! R9-290x 4500cpm...I'm Jealous.

Can you share your OC settings?

1150 core and 1250 memory are my latest clock. No volt changes.

I try it but still 2800 CPM.  :-\ what did I missing?  windows 7 64 bit? or be better on ubuntu?

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2014, 06:04:01 am »
Yeah, it's definitely not a restriction of the miner. The next version will introduce multi-pool support and pool fall-back together with a config file so those issues should vanish

looks like we really will need multi-pool and fall-back, I'm reading ypool is having extreme issues from what others are posting, and beeeeer has rejections rising up into the double digits suddenly... any chance the fall-back can be set to try another pool if a certain level of rejection rate is reached... I'm used to 1.5% give or take, but I'm up to 10% today and others are stuck well into the 20% or more range... not that I really see many PTS pools out there...

are you having any issues on ypool?

Offline wsnnwa

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2014, 05:31:29 am »

Ouch meaning what? Sucked he had to have someone else fix it? Or that 14.1 drivers suck?
No, "ouch" because AMD f***ed it up. I hoped that those times were over... That is not the only problem with the Catalyst drivers (e.g. the 290(X) performance inconsistency in Windows and Linux)

I so hope the Windows issue is resolved for the 290x's.  Not sure how long I can stomach Linux's lack of undervolting/clocking tools for these cards.  I can't even see what voltage my cards are running at... :(

I've been reluctant to try the 14.1 drivers because of the significant performance impacts seen with scrypt miners.  I know my performance on the ASUS R9-290XOC is crap (550KH/s) compared to where it should be.

In clpts I'm getting around 3250c/m with the R9-290X under Windows 8.1 and the 13.x AMD drivers.

1150 core and 1250 memory are my latest clock. No volt changes.

Offline nanaya

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2014, 04:19:50 am »
Reason: Share is outdated
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Invalid share
Ping 34246.4ms (Average 20360.0)

What happened to ypool?

Offline battleaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 22, 2014, 03:02:59 am »
If you wanna install the Catalyst driver on Ubuntu, then please use the following guide: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Saucy_Installation_Guide
Make sure that you run sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial after the installation and reboot after that. --buildpkg Ubuntu/saucy has to be replaced by the name of your Ubuntu distro e.g. --buildpkg Ubuntu/raring.

This is the version of Ubuntu I just installed. http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop How do I confirm which distro it is? I looked on the page but didn't find anything to lead me which distro....

Offline Toque

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 22, 2014, 01:54:16 am »

Offline maddi

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2014, 01:42:15 am »
when i put -t 0,0,1,1,2,2 .. the miner always crash

what GPU is your monitor plugged into... try running only one thread on that GPU... have you undervolted the cards? have you overclocked the cards?

i think its on my first gpu? how can i know that where did i plugged it????

yes my cards is undervolted

overlocked? no its not bcoz i didnt know how

If you have undervolted your video card, that is the MOST likely reason why the miner keeps crashing when trying to run multiple threads as it requires more power, but you can't provide it since you've lowered the voltage, the display drivers stop working and the miner does as a result... or one card will stop working while the others continue to run... I went through that exact experience when I was trying to find the best voltage to use... you simply need to increase the voltage on each card until you no longer have this problem.... each card may be slightly different with voltage requirements, but I would recommend raising all of them to an equal amount...
i raise the voltage into 1225 but still crashing.. i am worried, is there any related issues to OS? coz i used windows 7 32 bit

Offline srkpvn

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2014, 01:40:38 am »
Any problem ypool? balance is not increasing properly per hour 0.02 PTS... same CPM before in one hour 0.04 to 0.05 PTS im getting now its very slow?

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »
Ubuntu 13.04 + drivers 13.12 rig crash drivers  :-\
reinstall ubuntu and follow the instruction I gave:

Offline joroseksa

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask a question about the r9 290x video cards.

1. What is the difference in c/m between 290x and 290
2. Why some 290x cost 800 USD but others just 440 - 600 USD. Is there a difference in c/m between ASUS that cost 800 USD and SAPHIRE that cost 500 USD????

10x in advance

Offline marcolecorse

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »
Ubuntu 13.04 + drivers 13.12 rig crash drivers  :-\

Offline dyckah

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2014, 10:58:42 pm »
running -t 0,1,1 does bump me up to 5900c/m on one instance, or if i go with two instances, 3400c/m and 2500c/m
however, cpu load never went up above 15% on the other one, running on a qx9650 @ 4.0ghz
why such high variance on two cards running exactly the same clocks?
even if just running cards by themself, one at a time, -t 0,0 gets 800c/m, -t 1,1 gets 3400c/m

Offline NaN

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:58 pm »
try -t 0,1 first. after that -t 0,0,1 and -t 0,1,1. My guess is that one of the threads creates high cpu load.

Offline dyckah

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:03 pm »
hey, having a bit of an issue with the miner.
currently have two 280x cards in my system.
both have exactly the same clocks, and get virtually the same hash on every miner i have used sofar.
however, using the beer miner from here, one of my cards gets 3400c/m, while the other only gets 800c/m
any ideas why this might be happening?
tried using one instance, two seperate instances, doesnt make any difference...
the following is what i have in my bat file.
clpts_x86-64 PYXryJqS1vvzwutrdr7msEcBvt3tnH3ZQQ -t 0,0,1,1 -a 1