Author Topic: New YAM version release  (Read 135501 times)

Offline swo

• View Profile
hi! and do not tell me how to run the yam through socks4 proxy (under ubuntu) I have set there tsocks, but still yam miner can not connect through it. if you write a line in the config proxy = socks4 :/ / 192.196.1.1:7155 writes that he did not know of such a protocol! tell me how to do it. the other miners normally through tsocks work!

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Sorry for flooding this thread with questions. I hope it is OK to ask a few more. This time I am trying to understand yam's output.

In particular, it would be great if someone could give me a pointer to the following things, as I couldn't find anything usuable about it so far.

• What is the meaning of Rnds C/I, Don. C/I, rnds, and ART?
  • Solutions vs shares: I know the concept of a share, which is a possible block candidate and which is usually accepted by the pool unless someone else submitted this share already. However, what is the difference to a solution? When does a solution lead to a share?
  • What is the meaning of the three numbers following the 'Found solution' message?

Furthermore, is there any documentation on the difference between the various AV settings?

Many thanks in advance...

Run miner with compact-stats = 0 and you will get much better idea on statistics displayed.

There are various documentation files coming with yam distribution - check readme.txt and finetuning-mmc.txt for more details.
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline Kvn

• View Profile
Sorry for flooding this thread with questions. I hope it is OK to ask a few more. This time I am trying to understand yam's output.

In particular, it would be great if someone could give me a pointer to the following things, as I couldn't find anything usuable about it so far.

• What is the meaning of Rnds C/I, Don. C/I, rnds, and ART?
  • Solutions vs shares: I know the concept of a share, which is a possible block candidate and which is usually accepted by the pool unless someone else submitted this share already. However, what is the difference to a solution? When does a solution lead to a share?
  • What is the meaning of the three numbers following the 'Found solution' message?

Furthermore, is there any documentation on the difference between the various AV settings?

Many thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:55:55 pm by Kvn »

Offline Kvn

• View Profile
I will do some more testing later to find out which AV settings lead to the segfault.

However, what I also wanted to ask is the state of the stratum support. yvg1900, I think you were discussing this with the Dwarf pool admin. Is there already some progress?

Many thanks

Offline Kvn

• View Profile
Setting AV to 1 seems to fix the problem. So, as it seems, one of the other code paths seems to be buggy.

Offline Kvn

• View Profile
Hi,

I have a problem with the mac version. The program starts normally, and after a while I get a segfault ("segmentation fault 11") without any further error message.

Some infos:
- I am using version M7n
- I tried both the ivy bridge binary as well as the generic one.
- computer is a MacBook Air, Mid 2012
- processor is a mobile core i5 Ivy Bridge (I5-3427U) with hyper-threading, 2(+2 HT) cores
- config:
threads = 0
mining-params = mmc:av=0&aesni=on&m=1024&donation-interval=100
compact-stats = 1
print-timestamps = 0
- to check for hardware faults, I ran the prime95 stress test twice - without any errors (prime95-blend essentially uses ~1.5GB memory, 4 threads, computes large ffts stressing AVX extensions)

What to do?

Many thanks...

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
What is your config (cpu, ram, os) and can you post more detailed log ?

Sent from my AT10PE-A using Tapatalk

Offline meodows92

• View Profile
Hi i have a problem with the miner, everything setup and is fine but the problem it it doesn't show the hash rate as below:

MMC Agg. SPM: ?, HPM: ?; Rnds C/I: 0/0, Don. C/I: 0/0; Cfg/Wkr SPM: ?/?, Cfg/Wkr HPM: ?/? 0 rnds AV=1, ART=?; FT AV/RT: 1/0, Best AV/RT: 1/0

Why does this happen? And how can i patch this up?

The code i use is at below:

threads = 1
mining-params = mmc:av=0&aesni=on&m=1024
mine = getwork://MBxkAmVti4FscsDzs83384MuGUYpVCyeoT@work.mmcpool.com:80:8880:8881:8882:8883/mmc
mine = getwork://MBxkAmVti4FscsDzs83384MuGUYpVCyeoT@mmcpool.1gh.com:8080:8081:8082:8083/mmc
mine = getwork://MBxkAmVti4FscsDzs83384MuGUYpVCyeoT@erebor.dwarfpool.com:8080:8081:8082:8083/mmc
mine = getwork://MBxkAmVti4FscsDzs83384MuGUYpVCyeoT@moria.dwarfpool.com:8080:8081:8082:8083/mmc
#mine = getwork://yvg1900.mmc_1:x@mmc.gpools.com:8080/mmc
#proxy = socks4a://127.0.0.1:9150
#MTb1JHjoJCSJBjTLUgqeyJ1nXxYxBRJEUX@
compact-stats = 1
print-timestamps = 0
~
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:25:52 am by meodows92 »

Offline seraphim

Don't have any data for that cpu. Just try how many hpm you get, and please share your result
Meet you on STEEM

Offline blagojkk

• View Profile
Hi,

Is it worth still doing cpu mining memorycoins with E31260L with 16 GB RAM?

TY.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
Support for AES-NI is essential for MMC mining - PoW is based on AES, so any hardware acceleration brings quite substantial benefits.

yam testing compatibility of optimization algos by performing reduced mining round on reference test data, and if some of required capabilities are not supported or not configured properly by BIOS and/or virtualization environment, it just crashes with Illegal Instruction or without message at all (this is configuration-dependent). Unfortunately, this is the only way to detect if some features really working or not. Relying on capabilities bits and CPU/OS feature detection is not reliable - there are many issues, including, for example, improper configuration of AVX2 on pre-SP1 Windows 7.

Additionally, from your logs, I see that you have not enough memory on your system to enable HugePages, and MemroyCoin PoW is extremely memory-intensive (as coin name suggests). This causes another level of underperformance, leading to very low hash rates.

Offline Virosa

• View Profile
I downloaded yam-yvg1900-M7n-win64-ivy-bridge, i have i3-3220 (Ivy Bridge).

This is my config:
http://pastebin.com/PxvzUKP0

Client shut down without error. Tho it does return errors before checks who are all returned "OK"

http://i.imgur.com/KqlPWko.jpg

Edit: So problem is default setting has aes-ni set to on and the process terminate without an error message. Cause is i3-3220 IB doesnt not support aes-ni. Setting aes-ni to off run the problem but it generate, over the course of running for 12 hours, less than 0.0001MMC, (only 1 share) so this is clearly a waste of electricity. After restarts and running so long, the rate is so low the program can't calculate a hpm rate. (Probably because this cpu and program together cannot generate any significant amount of shares.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:41:29 pm by Virosa »

Offline IMJim

• View Profile
Thanks man, appreciate and my apologies for asking this.....but how do I do that?  Sorry.....newbie here:-)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
Only case I have similar behaviour (of gpu miner crashing time to time) is when I run heavily OCed AMD R9 290 with yam in parallel. You shall try to manually separate physical cores used by gpu miner and yam by setting cpu affinity. Ensure you are allocating complete core (not thread) for gpu miner.

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter to get updates on performance mining software

Offline IMJim

• View Profile
Hey bud......wondering if you saw my above/below question.  Still crashing my CGminer a couple times a day and would really like to continue to mine this coin.....any ideas?

Hey bud.....I am still having a problem with GMiner crashing at intermittent times when running YAM.  I also still get the message in the beginning of the non hugepages and thread degradation, not sure if resolving this would resolve the crashing of GMiner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!