Author Topic: suggestion for an committee controlled open market operation fund  (Read 26023 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I agree with and support bitcrab's proposal, including replacing refund400k and using the 240k BTS to create 50k bitCNY on a daily basis. Much better use of the BTS than returning to the reserve pool and moreover will let the community monitor progress and impact of the open market operations with a relatively small but gradually increasing number of BTS. Please implement as soon as possible, this is exactly what Bitshares needs!

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'll take the current market conditions into considerations when next talking about the BBF worker proposal. So far, it used to buy bitUSD off the market and did not go short on bitUSD yet.
The reasons was mainly due to liabilities against the actual workers that have a right for their pay and going short adds a risk .. as well as for accounting which needs to be transparent and easy to follow ...
I'll re-iterate with the BBF over the previous decision to stick with "buying" ..

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I was wondering if you saw my suggestion in the old post, and what you think about it?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
A worker proposal will be created soon with below setting:
Code: [Select]
            "owner": "1.2.0",
            "work_begin_date": "2018-04-01T00:00:00",
            "work_end_date": "2035-12-31T00:00:00",
            "daily_pay": "20000000000",
            "name": "committee controlled open market operation fund",
            "url": "https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26107.0",
            "initializer": [
              1,{
                "pay_vesting_period_days": 0
              }

we now have 2 committee controlled open market operation accounts: committee-cnytrader for CNY relevant operation and committee-trade for USD relevant operation.

the worker proposal mentioned above has a daily pay of 200k BTS, which will be transferred to the 2 operation accounts for subsequent use, with the collected bitCNY and bitUSD market fees.

below are some suggested principles for the open market operation, surely the principle will be refined in the future. 

1.the purpose of the fund is to adjust the supply of smartcoins, so operators need to decide depend on the market condition, borrow smartcoins and buy BTS while the smartoin is in shortage, sell BTS and reduce debt position while the smartcoin is over supplied.

2. operators need to take good care while operate with debt positions, as an initial rough principle, when BTS price is under 2CNY:
while collateral ratio > 4, borrowing more smartcoin is allowed.
while 4>collateral ratio>3, smartcoin income can be used to buy more BTS, but borrowing more smartcoin is not allowed.
while 3>collateral ratio, smartcoin income need to be used to reduce debt position, buying more BTS is not allowed.

3.when more than 10M BTS are accumulated in one operator account, the account need to be locked by setting both active key and owner key to committee-account, a new operation account will be created for subsequent operation.

hope the worker proposal be approved then we can get great power to cultivate the smartcoin ecosystem and also the whole BTS ecosystem.

This is an upgraded version of the last post "suggestion for an official market value management infrastructure"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26072.0

After reviewing the last post, I now feel it's better to call them "open market operation" than "market value management", here the operator is like central bank, it trade in the market to adjust the supply of smartcoins and BTS.

Now smartcoins like bitCNY have big demand, but are always in serious shortage, this limit the adoption of smartcoins and also the development of trading in DEX.

So currently the main policy of the open market operation is to buy more BTS, and create more smartcoins, mainly bitCNY  by borrowing.

As the income from market fee is limited, normally 10k-30k, so I suggest to add fund from reserve pool with a worker proposal.

Now Bitshares has daily budget of about 310k, among them about 240k are go into refund400k work proposal and return to the reserve pool.

I suggest to create a new worker proposal “committee controlled  open market operation fund” to replace refund400k, each day about 240k BTS will be collected, with a higher than 4 collateral ratio, more than 50k bitCNY can be borrowed and be used to buy BTS.

We need to make good use of the 1 billion BTS in reserve pool,

I understand that borrowing smartcoin based on collateralizing public BTS bring risk to the system, however the risk is tolerable.

The operation account is a multisig account of committee members under public supervising, not possible to set too lower collateral ratio. When BTS price is under 2CNY, it will be safe enough to set the collateral ratio higher than 4, right?

Committee-account has continuous smart coin income to reduce the risk.

Even the worst thing happen, the result is that the collateralized BTS be sold at a price 10% lower than the market price, no further hurt to the system.

On the other hand, if we just leave the 1 billion BTS sleep in the reserve pool, surely we avoid all the risks, but at the same time we give up the chance to supply more smart coins, create more purchasing power and income and make BTS great.

I believe  a community with courage and vision will select to go ahead with tolerable risks.

I'll collect feedback and build details on this suggestion
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:12:33 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com