Author Topic: Is it Possible to Transfer AGS to Another Party?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline fuzzy

+1

Personally will hold mine like I do PTS.  Allowing them to be tradable will only increase the value for you and me but it would likely dilute price.  I think they should be treated like preferred shares later on, or be used to purchase certain special features (Like VIP passes in LuckyShares or something). 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:21:35 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
I can see them tradable in the future, 3I will develop a means. Not sure if I will ever sell a unit  ;D

sumantso

You can only sell to someone who is OK with another party knowing the private key.

donschoe is doing a thing where he buys a bunch of AGS and then will manage them all on behalf of other people in a market. That way each person only has to trust donschoe.

So I guess it's possible for an exchange to be created, but there's a ton of trust risk associated with the trade.  The buyer is taking on the risk.  Ok, so for this reason, no exchange (ie.Cryptsy) could ever trade AGS.

You can, but it will never take of simply because a lot of parties will end up owning the AGS.

In future, I3 MAY list the AGS in cryptostocks or something similar and make them tradeable; awarding shares to the accounts in that 'exchange'.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
You can only sell to someone who is OK with another party knowing the private key.

donschoe is doing a thing where he buys a bunch of AGS and then will manage them all on behalf of other people in a market. That way each person only has to trust donschoe.

So I guess it's possible for an exchange to be created, but there's a ton of trust risk associated with the trade.  The buyer is taking on the risk.  Ok, so for this reason, no exchange (ie.Cryptsy) could ever trade AGS.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
I just want to be clear on AGS.  Can we transfer AGS to another party?  If we can transfer them, then a market can be opened for them, correct?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:18:39 pm by JakeThePanda »