Author Topic: [Witness Proposal] - Witness clockwork  (Read 6113 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
What's your planned price feed publishing strategy? Would you consider publishing price feeds for the Hertz smartcoin if provided the ability to do so?

Initial plan is to publish feeds for most major bitFIAT pairs along with bitSILVER/bitGOLD/bitBTC in 10 minute intervals.

Would def like to publish feeds for Hertz as well as I like the concept.

For anyone else also reading, I am very interested in supporting new and inventive smartcoin concepts by publishing price feeds.

I've given your witness account permission to publish price feeds for the hertz smartcoin, you don't need to wait till you're an active witness to join the active pool of hertz price feed publishers.

Thanks  :D

ok...was planning on working on price feeds over the next few days (got the next week off work) so should add it soon

Offline R

• View Profile
What's your planned price feed publishing strategy? Would you consider publishing price feeds for the Hertz smartcoin if provided the ability to do so?

Initial plan is to publish feeds for most major bitFIAT pairs along with bitSILVER/bitGOLD/bitBTC in 10 minute intervals.

For anyone else also reading, I am very interested in supporting new and inventive smartcoin concepts by publishing price feeds.

I've given your witness account permission to publish price feeds for the hertz smartcoin, you don't need to wait till you're an active witness to join the active pool of hertz price feed publishers.

Thanks  :D

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I can't see you in the witness list.

Currently at position 41...

Unless you're using the previous release of the wallet which had some display issues on votable objects...In which case update your client

Offline bench

I can't see you in the witness list.
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline R

• View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Now that the voting has been fixed again in the UI, please consider voting for my witness: clockwork

Thank you

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I can either vote for your commie or witness, your choice :)

Let me get back to you on that one :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I can either vote for your commie or witness, your choice :)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Support! Good to see that we have new APIs.

BTW, I think we need to increase the number of witnesses, to 25, for example.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
First API node deployed in Asia region (Load-balanced AWS instances)

wss://bts-seoul.clockwork.gr

Please report performance/latency results and your base location here
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 09:49:50 am by clockwork »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Proxy bunkerchainlabs-com has voted for this witness
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

After spending some time trying out a witness node setup and making sure I'm comfortable with maintaining it, I decided to create a witness proposal.

It consists of 2 Azure instances (1 active and 1 backup) on different regions. Due to the low CPU requirements of the witness node as opposed to RAM, these are burstable Standard_B4ms (4 core 16gb RAM) instances with managed SSD drives.

Since they are Azure VMs, theyre also very easy/fast to upgrade if required.

I am also running a smaller instance as a testnet witness (clockwork.witness-1) for 2 weeks now with no issues.

I am currently using roelandp's witness monitoring script which I'm working on modifying to make use of Azure's Python SDK to automate witness maintenance.

In terms of community involvement, I am a BitShares committee member (clockwork) and I also created and maintain http://committee.bitshares.works for committee announcements and news.

I am also very active in telegram and discord.

Finally, I am planning to launch a full API node as well to help with network load. I will update here as soon as it's set up.

So please vote for witness: clockwork

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:19:55 pm by clockwork »