Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[BBF][worker] Update BitShares' General Public Presentation (new domains inside)

(1/5) > >>

iamredbar:
+5%

sschiessl:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@sschiessl/teaser-of-upcoming-bitshares-refurbish

xeroc:

--- Quote from: Thul3 on July 02, 2018, 03:20:11 pm ---I guess its because the main comittee/proxy members are all technical skilled and not in marketing

--- End quote ---
This is simply .. true!
There are a bunch of nerds and a few businessmen/women and no good marketing people.
I can remember that BitShares has had 2 marketing people and paid them *VERY WELL* (much better than what we pay developers these days) .. but ultimately, it was a waste of time and resources.
There was ZERO outcome.
If you know of someone that can do marketing truely well, please go ahead and engage, propose, delegate and manage!

Thul3:
A waste of resources and nothing more.
You know any known project which uses the ending .exchange ?
Just because someone bought the ending doesn't mean you need to buy it from him.I bet $1000 openledger is not going to buy ever the domain openledger.exchange .

You could buy any other domain and use these funds to promote DEX instead.
Dot exchange won't give you any benefit but using these funds to promote DEX would change something.

In gerneral i have to disagree with the action of the committee/Proxies which is wasting a lot of funds for BS instead of using them for marketing DEX.You can basicly say its only being spent for technical staff but not a single cent for marketing.

I guess its because the main comittee/proxy members are all technical skilled and not in marketing

JohnR:
That is a good point about separating .org (for general knowledge and presenting bts in factual/neutral way) and exchange (more sensitive for certain regulatory authorities).  While I think the community and officials can adequately inform the public about the distinctions (protocol vs dapps), best not to invite skepticism before it can be handled in thoughtful manner.

--- Quote from: Digital Lucifer on June 05, 2018, 01:20:46 am ---
--- Quote from: oxarbitrage on June 01, 2018, 07:29:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thul3 on June 01, 2018, 05:09:38 pm ---$10k just for the domain bitshares.exchanges is way to expensiv.

I don't see a single dime spent on real marketing .

A simple domain name like bithsares.exchanges brings nothing if it won't be promoted so i can't see the value of $10k for that domain.

I also don't understand why nobody else is stepping in and asking why the domain is so overpriced as it basicly has no value

--- End quote ---
i asked the same question here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26167.msg317163#msg317163

--- End quote ---

@xeroc had statement that domain is purchased directly from the owner - that mean it was not available for regular public sale. It's nothing strange, since I personally know the guy who acquired openledger.exchange for that same purpose -> Reselling it to well known, and potentially interested party in the future.

From another perspective, being someone involved in legal matters around having BitShares in Slovenia and Thailand... separation of Wallet from original bitshares.org in manners such as bitshares.exchange/s can be legally very bold move, helping bitshares.org to present blockchain and technology ONLY, leaving .exchange as independent dApp driven by Community.

Just my thoughts on this, that's all.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version