Author Topic: [BBF][worker] Update BitShares' General Public Presentation (new domains inside)  (Read 9659 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Already votable. There's a bug in the GUI causing last few workers to not show in the list. Should be fixed in the next GUI release which I believe is tomorrow

Offline bright-forest

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline paliboy

The domains have been acquired already... it's too late for bad guys to blackmail the foundation/community at this point. Was it purchased by somebody associated with foundation but paid with private money? Is the requested sum kind of reimbursement?

Costs below are the maximum that could possible be needed and as always we will try for a more economical approach

The cost should not be "up to $15k" but should be an already-known number.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Why is domain costs listed as $15k when they were already purchased? Did you purchase them from 3rd parties? Who paid for that?

bitshares.legal, bitshares.works and bitshares.exchange don't have domain information public, why? Who owns them now?

I'm guessing because if you announce such a worker before buying them you're very likely to get screwed over.

I'm sure foundation will provide relevant invoices like always.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
I suggest the team add extra budget to improve SEO for bitshares.foundation. The reason why those lawyers, exchange and any parties want to contact Bitshares will go bitshares.org because bitshares.org is listed as Top One when Google Search "Bitshare".

Note: bitshares.foundation listed on 3rd page when search "Bitshares" on Google. Result may vary depend on location.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Please post to steem as well. Thanks.

//Update: wait until the worker is voted in.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline paliboy

Why is domain costs listed as $15k when they were already purchased? Did you purchase them from 3rd parties? Who paid for that?

bitshares.legal, bitshares.works and bitshares.exchange don't have domain information public, why? Who owns them now?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Dear community,

I'd like to update the community on a new plan that the BBF would like to pursue in the next months:

http://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-04-general-presentation

This forum thread is for public discussion.
Please don't hesitate to give feedback!