Author Topic: Failed to create account: acct-name - Uncaptured Faucet Exception: Assert Except  (Read 8777 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I wasn't certain if if was appropriate to create a new thread for this, but I am having the exact same issue upon registration:

Uncaptured Faucet Exception: Assert Exception: is_valid_name( name ):

First time using bitshares and was hoping to use the bitshares.org site to start - other options seem too advanced. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
I think it's same issue.

Unfortunately even the latest version of bitshares-core doesn't provide more info at this point. (there are security concerns that not returning the input data when the data is invalid, although I'm not quite sure).

@pc please comment?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:12:44 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline crockett83

I wasn't certain if if was appropriate to create a new thread for this, but I am having the exact same issue upon registration:

Uncaptured Faucet Exception: Assert Exception: is_valid_name( name ):

First time using bitshares and was hoping to use the bitshares.org site to start - other options seem too advanced. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Wow it worked! I was now able to create the wallet account. Not sure what you did but it worked and I am very grateful to you my friend!
I restarted the faucet. Need to investigate what is causing these issues.
After upgraded to 2.0.180328 witness_node should have produced more logs. Please check.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow it worked! I was now able to create the wallet account. Not sure what you did but it worked and I am very grateful to you my friend!
I restarted the faucet. Need to investigate what is causing these issues.

Offline libertydan

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The error message has been thrown by the backend, not sure why it would believe it is invalid .. I have restarted the daemon, can you try again?

Offline libertydan

Hi,

Tried to create an account with a username of the style acct-name but got the following error message:

Failed to create account: acct-name - Uncaptured Faucet Exception: Assert Exception: is_valid_name( name ):

the account name was liberty-academy 7 characters followed by a dash (-) and then 7 more characters for a total of 15 characters (no spaces of course).

Is this a problem because the name I chose is too long?  I know the dash is not an issue since my other account name has one.

I'd be most grateful if anyone could advise on this issue and offer a fix to it.

Cheers,