Author Topic: Legality of Prediction Markets and Dacs  (Read 12088 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Isn't the solution simple: one chain which allows anonymous tx and one which doesn't. Both chains will have different use cases / users... If they try to shut down the anonymous one it will be a test for the global resilience of DPOS.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Do you see that tiny stream of water down there?  That's us.  ;D

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Do you think you can stop the US government?  No.
Not me in particular .. but the people over in the US can do so! It's still (at least on paper) a democracy!

Its actually a republic.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not me in particular .. but the people over in the US can do so! It's still (at least on paper) a democracy!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Meanwhile, I am statistically far more likely to be harmed by someone presuming to "protect" me.
... well played  :o

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Here is the test.  Does the government let you have swiss (Switzerland) coded bank accounts which are 100% anonymous.  NO

Will they let us have anonymous accounts?  NO

Offline onceuponatime

This is probably why we will not be able to have anonymous accounts in the future.  One word comes to mind....terrorism.  We must stop its action at all costs.

All costs?

That would include whatever freedom you have left.

:)
That will not be giving up much...

ISIS is everywhere.  You may change your tune when shit hits the fan.  Will this happen I dont think so but if 100 coordinated terrorist attacks occur. 

We wont be getting anonymous accounts.  Bytemaster is not the government, he may be a true innovator but he does not have the money to dictate federal policy yet.  Think about each anonymous account like the swiss banking laws of the past.  You really think they (the government) is going to let us keep anonymous transactions.  Like seriously.

Seriously, dude, I think that you have somehow stumbled upon the wrong community.  It would be much happier for you (and us) if you searched out like minded personages with whom to share your expertise.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
This is probably why we will not be able to have anonymous accounts in the future.  One word comes to mind....terrorism.  We must stop its action at all costs.

All costs?

ISIS is everywhere.  You may change your tune when shit hits the fan.  Will this happen I dont think so but if 100 coordinated terrorist attacks occur. 

We wont be getting anonymous accounts.  Bytemaster is not the government, he may be a true innovator but he does not have the money to dictate federal policy yet.  Think about each anonymous account like the swiss banking laws of the past.  You really think they (the government) is going to let us keep anonymous transactions.  Like seriously.

I don't expect anyone to "let" us do anything.

Such a spectacular attack would have two consequences:

1.  Strengthening the resolve of those who have gone soft from too much safety.
2.  Weakening the resolve of those who would exchange true freedom for false safety.

I am hoping that the first will offset the second, but that is merely a hope.

Meanwhile, I am statistically far more likely to be harmed by someone presuming to "protect" me.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:48:27 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

All costs?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

All costs?

Our ancestors fought for freedom.
We engineer it.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

All costs?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
aehm?

sorry but I don't fall for the "terrorism" shit .. you know that more people die due to cancer OR car accidents OR weapons fired at family mates in the US than by terrorism?!?
Get the numbers straight an we can talk! anonymous transactions ARE an important feature .. and the blockchain enables them no matter what the front end allows the end users ..

However, BM wants to add the ability to ALSO have verified names and public transactions .. and THAT is a killer feature

I dont believe the "terrorism" shit for one second.  But its what controls the government.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Eagleeye I know this is what mainstream media tells us, but what is your opinion on it? Are you in agreement with mainstream media? Have you ever tried to read zerohedge, if not you should check it out.

I have been reading zerohedge for years.  The mainstream controls us.

Offline GaltReport

aehm?

sorry but I don't fall for the "terrorism" shit .. you know that more people die due to cancer OR car accidents OR weapons fired at family mates in the US than by terrorism?!?
Get the numbers straight an we can talk! anonymous transactions ARE an important feature .. and the blockchain enables them no matter what the front end allows the end users ..

However, BM wants to add the ability to ALSO have verified names and public transactions .. and THAT is a killer feature

+100% (don't get me started...)

Offline lakerta06

The real terrorism is the centralized mainstream media pumping the fear...