Author Topic: Account full history csv file to CoinTracking.info  (Read 5356 times)

Offline iamredbar

Stefan on the Telegram channel informed that staging.bitshares.org gives a cointracking compatible csv in the account history   That's great!

No way! I did not know this existed. Thank you for finding this!

Offline olav

• View Profile
Stefan on the Telegram channel informed that staging.bitshares.org gives a cointracking compatible csv in the account history   That's great!

hashbit

Yes, I can confirm it is a huge pain to re-format the data for import into cointracking.info. For starters each value should have it's own column. Manually separating the data into separate columns is time consuming.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline olav

• View Profile
I used the info from the http://open-explorer.io/#/accounts/1.2.46xxxx to import in excel, and manually edited the coloumns to import in the CoinTracking.

I think that Bitshares should have a solution for this, I used many hours to get this right, the most of the other exchanges is a lot easier to import, many also automatic using api.

The download have the sell amount, the sell currency, the buy amount and the buy currency in the same coloumn, to be usable for importing it needs to be only one piece in every coloumn, not all in the same coloumn.

Blocktrades make things also more difficult.

When people start using the trading bot, how will the users be able to calculate tax?  To do this manually take a lot of work.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I'm a core developer. I don't know templates.

For exporting account history, you can use "get_relative_account_history" API.

This thread may help https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=25871.0

Offline bench

Any response from the core developer, what library are common to integrate into bitshares, for export and graphical illustration of the acc. history would be nice.
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline olav

• View Profile
Thank you for responding!  I think that a lot of the Bitshares users need this function to work,  before the end of this month, to report earnings for the last year.

I hope that it is possible to make the importing of the history to CoinTracking.

Olav

Offline bench

I wanted to write some export templates, to get a better visualization of the account history. Which template engine can be used on the client site?

When the export template is finished the integration should be easy and modular

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:45:28 am by bench »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline bench

The history export function is limited, needs better templates and charts with a client side implementation.
It is a good time to discuss the features, requirements and which template library should be used for export and visualizing the account history.

Offline olav

• View Profile
I need to import my account history to cointracking.info so I can pay my tax right.  Is it possible to download a csv file so I can import in cointracking.info? 

It will take a "year" to register manually all transactions :-)

I found this page, http://open-explorer.io/bitshares-account-exporter/ but it is not designed for cointracking.info

I think that cointracking.info is the best available solution for estimating what I have to pay in tax for crypto, so I hope there is a solution for this.

Olav