Author Topic: Setting up an exchange/gateway on bitshares  (Read 4271 times)

Offline jag-2018

Im on windows,

I downloaded to software, registered, then deposited BTC

Now i can open my wallet, but the exchange never works, and how am i supposed to convert BTC to BTS or ANYTHING

AM I  MISSING SOMETHING???

seems like BTC is now stuck in this UI, and the UI isnt working right or maybe i missed something, PLEASE HELP

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Check this project: https://github.com/blockchainbv/bexi

Bexi is written in python and enables the integration of BitShares into an external exchange. The basic idea is that the external exchange will have one BitShares account to consolidate the funds that it holds for the customers. Deposits and withdrawals into and from said account is tracked and the customer balance calculated.

Actually, integration can be done with not only external exchanges, but every external application, since the BitShares part is almost the same.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:55:07 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I have a step by step tutorial in Chinese here. It's translated to English by someone, but I can't find it right now.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline exknoxeric

• View Profile
I have a witness node and delayed node along with the wallet running but then the instructions stop. When I connect to the UI my nodes show as unreachable. Both of the nodes appear to be working based on the terminal windows.

Offline TechnoL0g

I also look for working examples of backend implementation  >:(

Offline soldate

• View Profile

Offline murilob

• View Profile
Hi everyone,
    Is it possible to be an exhange/gateway on bitshares? Documentantion got me here -> http://docs.bitshares.eu/integration/exchanges/step-by-step.html#executing-transfers-for-withdrawals but it's not very clear how this works.

One has to run/host a bitshares node + a personalized wallet and issue it's own asset that would represent the fiat currency in the real world? How does gateways handles the deposits and withdrawals?

Can anyone help me with that?