Author Topic: How does margin trade settlement work?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hi all,

Relatively new to the bitshares exchange, been experimenting with borrowing but a little unclear on how it works. For several days, I owned a number of bit assets (BAIDU, EBAY) and they appreciated against BTS. I initiated settlement, the trades settled in the green, but the debt is still listed as active on the 'margin positions' tab. Doesn't settlement wipe the debt and force a release of collateral. I would expect balance, debt and collateral to go to zero. What am I missing?

Fiver
Settlements execute after 24 hours (default value, can be changed asset "issuer").

Perhaps you want to use "close position" if expect balance, debt and collateral to go to zero.

Some info is here: https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fiver

Hi all,

Relatively new to the bitshares exchange, been experimenting with borrowing but a little unclear on how it works. For several days, I owned a number of bit assets (BAIDU, EBAY) and they appreciated against BTS. I initiated settlement, the trades settled in the green, but the debt is still listed as active on the 'margin positions' tab. Doesn't settlement wipe the debt and force a release of collateral. I would expect balance, debt and collateral to go to zero. What am I missing?

Fiver
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:54:35 pm by fiver »