Author Topic: how to make a METABLOCK in bitshares Exchange ?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Please describe your requirements or questions clearly.

What's a "METABLOCK "?
You consistently mentioning "a new block chain". Your running testnet IS a new blockchain. Unless you're asking for "a new asset" or "a new token". Or "a new website hosting the GUI interface for BitShares".

For a testnet, it's unable to get the "meta block with no transactions" via API. It's defined in genesis.json.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:06:19 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
You said you want to "publish a new block chain starting with no transaction". Apparently need a new setup.

rased

Hi,
I have already running bitshares core and wallet, but you said run a private test-net , so i will remove first my existing exchange and then i will run ? or i can run the command in existing installation ?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Once you're able to run a private testnet, a real new chain can be started in similar way, just change the symbol TEST to whatever you want (need to modify some code though, also there are some restrictions so you need to understand at least some part of the code).

rased

Hi Abit

thanks for your response. i have already installed the bitshares core & light wallet and my bitshares exchange running good, but now i m looking for  this: Can we use the BITSHARE blockchain but call it METABLOCK  and publish a new block chain
starting with no transactions ??

Thanks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

rased

Hello,
I have a quick questions if any one can ans below question :

1.  ) how to use bitshares code to make a METABLOCK in the bitshares exchange ? is it possible ?

2. )  Can we use the BITSHARE blockchain but call it METABLOCK  and publish a new block chain
starting with no transactions ??

Experts pls help
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:04:44 pm by rased »