Author Topic: BTS Wallet Account Name "null" After Update  (Read 2493 times)

Offline jaysodo

I tried restoring from the .bin file.  It still logs me into the account named "null".  I tried this on two different computers.

I was finally able to log into the cloud wallet (on both wallet.bitshares.org and openledger) using the password that was generated when I first opened my account so I have been able to access and transfer my bts.  Thankfully I saved that password, not sure why my regular password wasn't working on the cloud wallet.

The local wallet still logs me into the "null" account.

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Can you attempt to restore your .bin file to https://wallet.bitshares.org? Just want to get a baseline here.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline jaysodo

I hope someone can help. 

My BTS wallet was working fine until I updated to the new version today (Bitshares 2.0.180315 to 2.0.180512).  Now when I enter my user name "jaysodo1" and password it says switching to local wallet and the account name becomes "null" instead of my account name "jaysodo1".  It does not show my account balance but instead a balance of a bunch of different cryptos (none of which are mine) with a much lower total balance.

I tried logging into cloud wallet but it says my password is invalid. 

I tried going back to the old version of the bts wallet but I still get the same results when I log in (an account named "null"). 

I tried restoring my account with the binary file but I get the same result (an account named "null"). 

I changed the restore file to "default" but it says my password is invalid so it does not restore.

I tried loading the bts wallet software on another computer and using my binary restore file but it says my password is invalid.

I tried using my private key to create a new local wallet and I get the same result (an account named "null").

I've combed the web looking for a reason for this problem and a solution to retrieve my BTS but I can find none.  I have verified my bts are still in my account, but I cannot access them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:51:12 am by jaysodo »