Main > General Discussion

[New BSIP Discussion] Defer MCR update to next maintenance interval

(1/3) > >>

Bangzi:
If changes of MCR is not frequent, I believe we can change MCR even before the protocol upgrade on Dec 2018. What we can do is announce to the community the date/time when MCR will change, then they can update their position for new call price.

abit:
At present I tend to adopt option 1 as well. By moving the caching to median price feed, perhaps performance can be even better. It's still a hard fork change anyway.

bitcrab:
I feel 3.2 is acceptable in UX.

however sounds option 1 is an even better solution, but I am not sure whether it add extra complexity or uncertainty, seems need to do more evaluation to ensure the safety.

xeroc:

--- Quote from: pc on May 25, 2018, 05:59:08 pm ---I'm for option 1.

The call_price caching is a nice example of Knuth's "Premature Optimization" rule. Removing the cache would simplify the code without changing chain behaviour, whereas deferring MCR changes would make it more complicated *and* reduce chain responsiveness. Also I don't think the impact on performance in order matching would be significant.

--- End quote ---
How much work would it be to implement this and see how much *extra complexity* it adds?

pc:
I'm for option 1.

The call_price caching is a nice example of Knuth's "Premature Optimization" rule. Removing the cache would simplify the code without changing chain behaviour, whereas deferring MCR changes would make it more complicated *and* reduce chain responsiveness. Also I don't think the impact on performance in order matching would be significant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version