Author Topic: could you use C++ Test as Unit Test tools?  (Read 2176 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
How can I get the guide line of C++ unit test,just like " how to use test fixture in bitshare" ," how to test chain_bench".I had encounted more issues when I ran the unit tests.
"chain_test" is used the most in BitShares.

Code: [Select]
make chain_test

tests/chain_test

tests/chain_test -t fee_tests

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline darrenx

• View Profile
How can I get the guide line of C++ unit test,just like " how to use test fixture in bitshare" ," how to test chain_bench".I had encounted more issues when I ran the unit tests.

Offline bytemaster

hallo this is a public suggestion to III company. I have felt that 2 more c++ programmers have joined BTS development team and of course this is good news. However, it will take more times for "old" programmers to introduce new comers to understand codes. and i felt that no compresensive Unit Test cases are handled because of urgent launching date. BTS should have more than 99.999% stability since this is a real bank and exchange system. and it's well known some software disaster bugs are caused by non complete Unit Test.

so, how about C++ Test? this is a very good test system to help III to shoot most unit test bugs in the very beginning time with 24 hours running.

i hope you guys could think about this test tools; and i know microsoft is using similar automatical test tools to reduce unit test bugs.

This is the only thing that Dan N. is working on and I agree complete unit tests are a must.  We are actually designing the code to support better testing.

We obviously need a process in place that prevents any change from making its way into the repo that would cause a hard fork.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline willaim

• Never forget your dream!
    • View Profile
hallo this is a public suggestion to III company. I have felt that 2 more c++ programmers have joined BTS development team and of course this is good news. However, it will take more times for "old" programmers to introduce new comers to understand codes. and i felt that no compresensive Unit Test cases are handled because of urgent launching date. BTS should have more than 99.999% stability since this is a real bank and exchange system. and it's well known some software disaster bugs are caused by non complete Unit Test.

so, how about C++ Test? this is a very good test system to help III to shoot most unit test bugs in the very beginning time with 24 hours running.

i hope you guys could think about this test tools; and i know microsoft is using similar automatical test tools to reduce unit test bugs.

Please contribute PTS to this address if my info is useful for you: PjjYtWpwmwEMA1MK9mjpDpSYzkTMPgjm7X