Author Topic: Jus' Another Totally Novice Question Needing Answer, please  (Read 1355 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hi!   I jus' successfully created a BitShares Account ... an' also something named an "OpenLedger Wallet'. But I haven't a clue about anything after that success. I jus' wanna' be able to play-around and experiment for starters. Evidently, I need to pay-to-play first ... deposit some fiat money into my Account 'er whatever ... and, I haven't a clue about how I can accomplish this. Your help/advice would be much appreciated. I jus' need to get my Account off-to-the-races with some cash.
You can try on test net first. It's free!

https://testnet.bitshares.eu/
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline btsindex

If you created a cloud-based account, you should have a login and password pre-generated for you. Then you use wallet.bitshares.org to access your profile.

If you already own other crypto-currencies, like BTC or ETH, you can use Openledger, Blocktrades or other bridge/gateway to convert them to BTS

Here's a page for depositing or withdrawing coins:
https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/deposit-withdraw

Select a provider, base asset, *amount, copy generated address, send coins to that address.
What you receive, depends on provider. (it could be BTS or OPEN.BTC)

Offline MTPockets

Hi!   I jus' successfully created a BitShares Account ... an' also something named an "OpenLedger Wallet'. But I haven't a clue about anything after that success. I jus' wanna' be able to play-around and experiment for starters. Evidently, I need to pay-to-play first ... deposit some fiat money into my Account 'er whatever ... and, I haven't a clue about how I can accomplish this. Your help/advice would be much appreciated. I jus' need to get my Account off-to-the-races with some cash.