Author Topic: [Worker Renewal 1] Deploy and maintain BitShares infrastructure  (Read 4590 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Operation 1.11.727488158 burns 90,273.12930 BTS of profits from operating the faucets for one year.
The residual 25k BTS are left in the account onboarding.bitshares.foundation to not interfere with current faucet operations and to be able to continue creating accounts for new users.
Those will be burned as well once a subsequent faucet operation is found and approved by the community.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Thank to all for the support, here in the forum and in telegram. The worker has now been created and is up for voting!

Voting for worker proposals: Votes can be done via the reference wallet. Visit Menu -> Votes -> Workers or enter your account name in the link https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/account/youraccountnamehere/voting

This worker proposal has id 1.14.108 and name 201807-infrastructure.

voted

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Already good feedback provided above.

I express my support for this solid work done so far by the BBF and look to support in the future.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline blockchainprojectsbv

• View Profile
Thank to all for the support, here in the forum and in telegram. The worker has now been created and is up for voting!

Voting for worker proposals: Votes can be done via the reference wallet. Visit Menu -> Votes -> Workers or enter your account name in the link https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/account/youraccountnamehere/voting

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:15:05 am by blockchainprojectsbv »

• View Profile
nodes - except bad SSL deployment at the very own beginning, working quite well ever since with uptime over 85% which is for me as hosting owner and bts nodes manager quite good.
Did you include the infrastructure nodes in your own monitoring? Would it be possible to get access to that? The new proposal will include public monitoring and statistics.

faucet - it's an unknown bug where everybody spent hours on, trying to fix it and simply it's just random. Simple as Reset is bringing it back.
This bug is known, but we could not isolate the exact origin of it, yet. Efforts will continue here.

3) Importance of having committee owned faucet and onboarding account that is paying fees and regulating half of the network is something that currently only BBF offers. Rest of the Faucets are 3rd party owned and nobody can affect them, Vouch for them or provide to users of BitShares any word of guarantee that they are safe and processed "by the book".
The BBF does not operate the faucet, nor did it vouch for it. It is the escrow of the past infrastructure worker, which the community voted for and thus entrusted us (Blockchain Projects BV) to operate the faucet using a committee-owned account for the account creation and referral program. We (Blockchain Projects BV) would be happy to do paid audits of any other faucet implementation.

4) Automation of services deployment such as Docker is quite important for Linux newbies. I believe this should be continued and maybe even setup as separate proposal where team could be bigger and specially focused on automation/distribution packaging of our software/services. I think it would encourage more people to step up and contribute, where both core and bbf would got less to do, just more to manage. As my personal opinion this would be bold move.
In the scope of this worker the automated builds for docker are included. Any efforts to further facilitate the distribution via separate worker proposals are very welcome.

5) I guess i'll see burned back that 800$ for WildCard SSL since you were/are running LetsEncrypt. Will Premium SSL's be this time from Positive/Comodo or you have something else in mind ?
A wildcard SSL certificate was not purchased in the last worker as it was optional, the corresponding funds will be returned, please wait for the final report of the old infrastructure worker. The new proposal will upgrade to premium SSL certificates.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope all of your questions have been answered.

Best regards,
 Stefan Schießl
 Blockchain Projects BV

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
1) I do support this proposal as individual, not as representative of any 4profit or non-profit organization/business.
2) Previous proposal showed downtime:

nodes - except bad SSL deployment at the very own beginning, working quite well ever since with uptime over 85% which is for me as hosting owner and bts nodes manager quite good.
faucet - it's an unknown bug where everybody spent hours on, trying to fix it and simply it's just random. Simple as Reset is bringing it back.

3) Importance of having committee owned faucet and onboarding account that is paying fees and regulating half of the network is something that currently only BBF offers. Rest of the Faucets are 3rd party owned and nobody can affect them, Vouch for them or provide to users of BitShares any word of guarantee that they are safe and processed "by the book".

4) Automation of services deployment such as Docker is quite important for Linux newbies. I believe this should be continued and maybe even setup as separate proposal where team could be bigger and specially focused on automation/distribution packaging of our software/services. I think it would encourage more people to step up and contribute, where both core and bbf would got less to do, just more to manage. As my personal opinion this would be bold move.

5) I guess i'll see burned back that 800$ for WildCard SSL since you were/are running LetsEncrypt. Will Premium SSL's be this time from Positive/Comodo or you have something else in mind ?

I have nothing more to say as individual.

All from me, for now :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:26:33 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
I'll look forward to getting involved with the stress test, done right, co ordinated properly and reported properly could end up being a fantastic piece of marketing and get a lot of attention

Offline kimchi-king

I would like to express my support for this renewal. Thank you for all of your continued efforts to ensure the BitShares network grows and is able to handle the increased network activity.

• View Profile
Deploy and maintain independent BitShares infrastructure

Dear BitShares Community,

given the growth of the BitShares ecosystem, we (Blockchain Projects BV) have been providing a basic infrastructure with the just expired infrastructure worker (reports can be found here http://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2017-12-infrastructure). The community has been contributing as well and the number of nodes for the reference wallet has been increased greatly.

That said, we would like to continue to provide the nodes that have been deployed with the last worker as well as the faucet for the reference wallet.

Read the full details here: http://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-07-infrastructure

Update 27. July 2018:
Worker is active. Roadmap can be found here
https://github.com/blockchainprojects/bitshares-worker-infrastructure/blob/master/Roadmap_2018-07-infrastructure.pdf

Best Regards,
  Stefan Schießl
  Blockchain Projects BV
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:56:54 pm by blockchainprojectsbv »