Author Topic: How to add digital currency in Bitshares?  (Read 2733 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I assume those "coins" are on another Blockchain?

In either case, you will need something that is called a gateway, which takes care of automatically processing deposits and withdrawals. There are of companies that offer that as a service, e.g. Blocktrades.

Are you looking for a service to get or to develop that yourself? There is no out of.the box solution.

Offline dc366

• View Profile
Ok, I looked into it and I was able to do the things you mentioned on the testnet.

Now I want users to be able to deposit our digital currency into bitshares and also be able to withdraw our currency out of bitshares. Is there an API? How do we go about it?

If you don't understand what I mean, Say I privately own (outside of bitshares)  x coins of currency called alpha, how will I be able to upload them to bitshares?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Try this (to see if it's what you want, it's just for testing, so don't hesitate to do so):
* Goto https://testnet.bitshares.eu/, register an account
* Click the right top "hamburg" icon, click "assets", in the new page, click "create asset", input "YOURCURRENCYNAME", click "create asset".
* Then click "Dashboard", click "activity", you should see "you created the asset YOURCURRENCYNAME".

* Then click the right top "hamburg" icon, click "assets", in the page, click "issue asset", input your account name, input an amount, click "issue asset" button.
* click "Dashboard", click "activity", you should see "you issued xxxx YOURCURRENCYNAME to you".
* click "Dashboard", click "Portfolio", you should see you have some YOURCURRENCYNAME.

After you've got familiar, use the production environment https://wallet.bitshares.org/
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline dc366

• View Profile
Hi we have our own digital currency that is not block chain based. How do we add our currency in Bitshares? Is there a guide with examples?