Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] BitShares Global Infrastructure by APAsia.tech & Collaborators  (Read 1477 times)

Offline kimchi-king

First off, I would like to thank APAsia.tech, DL, and DAOStreet for everything they have done and are doing for the BitShares community. These guys are top-notch supporters and deserve equal support from the BitShares community.

I've been looking forward to this WP for quite some time and know this will be put to great use. As we can see above, DL is a dedicated professional with extensive networking knowledge which shouldn't be lost due to lack of funding. We have an extensive war chest and it would be a shame if his efforts are destroyed.

I will be voting for this once it goes live.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: johnr
I'm glad to see all the community engagement regarding this project.  Clearly there are a lot of hardworking and intelligent people on this platform and it's starting to show with the new blood coming to worker proposals.  I agree we do have a great opportunity here to create a positive feedback loop.  Valuable and productive workers --> network expansion to greater audience --> fine tuning fee structure and earning more for community treasury --> even more productive workers.

I look forward to seeing this particular proposal live on chain and supported.  Not to mention Digital Lucifer getting the recognition and validation for all of his hard work.
Active Committee
John Robert Conlin

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
  • 13 years of being Slackware abUser
    • View Profile
    • Bitshares DEX Thailand
  • BitShares: steem-not
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Hi everyone, and thanks for such appreciation and kind words you welcomed us with.

Proposed worker for infrastructure is up on the chain and can be voted on. Please express your feelings, and consider giving your vote.

ID: 1.14.115
Escrow Listing: https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-08-flash-global-infrastructure

Many thanks.
Milos (Mike) Preocanin - General Manager @ Syntek Solutions
TOANDI Co., LTD. (BOI Approved) - TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 95/5 Moo 4 Siam Country Club Rd.
Nong Prue, Bang Lamung, Chonburi 20250, Thailand.

Offline fav

• Administrator
  • No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: fav
► How-to Buy BitShares: https://goo.gl/i9j2YZ

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bitshares DEX Thailand
voted

Many thanks Fav!

Fact is that Fav's vote was the one making Worker having more than enough votes to start tomorrow, I would like to appreciate time and trust you've shown us and announce that we are starting today (even WP starts tomorrow) with Node upgrade/management and will start adding them to the wallet, one at the time how we get it fully prepared for Public API use.

Many thanks to everyone one more time!
TOANDI Co., LTD. (BOI Approved) - TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 95/5 Moo 4 Siam Country Club Rd.

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
Voted, great initiative! Thank you Apasia.tech

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bitshares DEX Thailand
Infrastructure update 11.09.2018

- Nodes has been added to wallet.bitshares.org (by pull request on github in develop branch)

check compare https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/compare/develop...dls-cipher:patch-1?diff=split

Pull request is here: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/pull/1844

- Currently there is 21 provisioned node. Here is the full list:

1. status200.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
2. new-york.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
3. australia.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
4. dallas.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
5. chicago.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
6. atlanta.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
7. us-la.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
8. japan.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
9. france.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
10. england.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
11. holland.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
12. miami.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
13. valley.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
14. seattle.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL
15. bitshares.nu - OK - Premium SSL
17. api.open-asset.tech - OK - SSL to be deployed
18. canada6.daostreet.com - OK - Premium SSL
19. paris7.daostreet.com - OK - Premium SSL - DNS Propagating
20. frankfurt8.daostreet.com - OK - Premium SSL
21. testnet.bitshares.apasia.tech - OK - Premium SSL

LEGEND:
GREEN - 100% operational
ORANGE - up to 24 hours issue
RED - up to 72 hours issue

- Structure

Currently status200 is biggest node with largest bandwidth included in the package. We are using that node with automatic backup script to stop one time a week, provide fresh backup of 'witness_node' software with fully synced blockchain and using simple .sh scripts are provisioning that node to all others.

Scripts can be inspected here https://github.com/dls-cipher/pre-compiled-witness_node
(its pretty lame and dirty bash scripting with plans to be polished, even more interactive as setup in shell)

Status can be checked for currently running nodes within our website https://status.apasia.tech

There is more than 21 listed on status page, since we are adding them as we provision them, to keep better track of hours towards invoicing.

All trackers are reseted and starting from today.

- Overview

1. We had to turn OFF most of the daostreet nodes in order to cut cost with AWS of 1800-2000$ a month for just 9 VPS instances.
2. For any questions please reply here or find me in telegram @murda_ra

- Escrow partner is invoiced for 1-time setup (reimbursement fees), while on-going invoices (cost of the nodes) will be delivered by 20. September.

NOTICE: If dallas/testnet node shows strange behavior please report it asap. Those 2 are sitting on one instance currently running multi websocket with multi-domain nginx configuration.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:19:31 pm by Digital Lucifer »