Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] BitShares Global Infrastructure by APAsia.tech & Collaborators  (Read 10232 times)

Offline oxarbitrage

i like the idea of having more infrastructure with official worldwide nodes as proposed.

a few points to consider:
- there is no node in south america. i understand blockchain usage in general is not so popular here as other continents, still i think a node in Brazil or Argentina can bring some value.
- will you consider on hosting 1 elasticsearch node ? i think that if the wallet start using the feature we might need 1 more official node available(there is already 1 up from the BBF infrastructure worker rest is community members aka @clockwork).

price looks reasonable and APAsia already have a reputation in the community, i think it will go throw.

pd: also no node in Africa where the usage is probably even less than South America. Node in Hong Kong ?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
do you plan to report on usage stats?
Such as bandwidth or average/total connections/ddos attempts, etc? If yes, its built-in in both AWS and Vultr and for Sweden and Slovenia there can be done local traffic monitor. As example, one time it was posted re discussion of Public API abuse on the github (i believe england.bitshares.apasia.tech was on the screenshot).

For the uptime stats, latency and availability will be used status pages as mentioned in worker. One for all listed Public API's and one separate for just nodes listed in this worker.

When you already mentioned, maybe it would be good to make an offer:

In case that this worker gets approved/voted it would be nice as respect and support of BBF infrastructure worker, that we can wrap our nodes under their balancers, and add their balancers/nodes to separate status page (their proposal is having milestone for development, we have it using uptimerobot), to get more data from monitoring to be compared, improve bug tracking, add more transparency to the stake-holders, etc.

Personally, I do believe that such co-operation would be of great benefit for everyone.

yeah, I'd like to know whether nodes are actually used (by users), to make sure none of us wastes time and money.

Yes, bandwidth reports will be included in monthly/invoice reports.

From the technical point of view, there is no node that can be listed in wallet and unused (if its available), since on 30k active accounts world wide (that we expect to grow), all the time some of the nodes are unreachable to someone. With this 25 Public APIs as addition to the current list of nodes and their availability, we would still have place/demand for more.

This proposal was actually postponed for 3 months to pass all the HFs and additional scale tests due to unexpected raise of the blockchain database starting with bits.farm, dexbot and other activity influence.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Such as bandwidth or average/total connections/ddos attempts, etc? If yes, its built-in in both AWS and Vultr and for Sweden and Slovenia there can be done local traffic monitor. As example, one time it was posted re discussion of Public API abuse on the github (i believe england.bitshares.apasia.tech was on the screenshot).

For the uptime stats, latency and availability will be used status pages as mentioned in worker. One for all listed Public API's and one separate for just nodes listed in this worker.

In case that this worker gets approved/voted it would be nice as respect and support of BBF infrastructure worker, that we can wrap our nodes under their balancers, and add their balancers/nodes to separate status page (their proposal is having milestone for development, we have it using uptimerobot), to get more data from monitoring to be compared, improve bug tracking, add more transparency to the stake-holders, etc.

Personally, I do believe that such co-operation would be of great benefit for everyone.

yeah, I'd like to know whether nodes are actually used (by users), to make sure none of us wastes time and money.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:54:49 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
By the way, does this worker proposal going to cover maintenance of Bitshares.org or in separate worker proposal?

This is Collaboration Infrastructure Worker and it's not related with bitshares.org

bitshares.org development, management, team for the worker and corporate structure with unique content, legal, email services and additional hosting will come as separate proposal later today.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
It is worth noting that DL provide API node for DEXBot market makers to increase liquidity of Bitshares DEX.

By the way, does this worker proposal going to cover maintenance of Bitshares.org or in separate worker proposal?

Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
This infrastructure production has been in the works for a few months now and DL has put in a lot of work getting things just right.  All while operating in a transparent manner and soliciting feedback from community and node admins along the way.

I see this as a very potent upgrade/addition to the BitShares network that will support the continued expansion of the DAC into more territories and users.  Investment in infrastructure aids every other initiative we discuss here.  I have full confidence in DL's ability to manage this architecture in the most professional manner.

To a more resilient distributed network and BitShares' future prosperity.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
About time!

APAsia.tech's financial contribution through infrastructure support as well as DL's personal time commitment to the BitShares community is definately worth reimbursement.

I consider the 3.5k USD monthly cost for 25 nodes w/ maintenance, combined with DL's proven commitment an excellent offer and will be voting for this as soon as available.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Ladies and gents,

As many of you know, we've been running few nodes for a while (not listed in wallet most of them, but publicly shared and used through various channels). That Collaboration and Contribution will come to an end, unless we can keep those nodes and continue even more professional management through the agreement with BitShares DAC and approval of it's stake-holders through this offer as a Worker Proposal :

http://apasia.tech/bts-workers/bitshares-infra-worker-2018-APT.pdf

Worker is currently not on-chain and here is brought for initial discussion.

We will provide within 24 hours costs (invoices/receipts) that we have paid until now (~$14.800,00) as proof of contribution and ownership/existence of all nodes (even more), Premium SSL Certificates, Testing and Development servers, Current online status of servers (not bitshares api - as half of them requires an upgrade we can't finance), and whatever else is needed or requested by the stake-holders and respected proxies.

P.S. I've personally consider current Witness contribution, BBF active worker and this worker something that would greatly improved stability and performance on much greater global scale and enabled more users to join.

Thanks.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.