Author Topic: Worker proposal: Comprehensive UX/UI update by the ROSSUL and Graphene Lab team  (Read 24433 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline ros

• View Profile
@ xeroc
Thanks for your insterest!

* We are discussing escrow optoins. Will update you as soon as we have all the details.
* There shoud no be duplicated efforts of course. We offer to redesign and code a new UI. Once it is launched the current UI should be retired and the maintenece resourse should be directed toward the new UI. UX is a continious effort and. Good eamples are FB, Google, etc that push updates and tweeks to their products bi-weekly.
* We will research user types, their behavour, worflows and features they use. That woul allow us to design a product that serves well all user types, simple for casual users and yet powerful for the advanced and pro audience.

Best,
ROSSUL TEAM

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I like the general concept of the worker. It looks well prepared and structured and leaves options for some control over the process to the community and voters.

My main concerns are:

* lack of escrow - you are asking for USD payment, but will receive BTS from the blockchain. You also define milestones. I think it would be best that you also setup an escrow group with independent and trusted entities of the community (not your own team members)
* Duplicate efforts - quite some resources already go towards UI development (current UI code base). Given that you propose to "go from there", my fear is that we end up with two projects that diverged and continue to consume resources to maintain them.
* Who is the target-user for your UI? You can't deliver a product that fits the needs of everyone.

Offline ros

• View Profile
* re Discussion/Research - as being supported by Rudex who is active part of this community as gateway, 3rd party exchange, development team, UI FORK of BitShares and a paid block producer, i fail to see why you have to do research and collect funds from the blockchain for the knowledge already available right here on this forum (public opinions, feedback on UI), Rudex who is very reliable and rich resource of knowledge and not to mention github for UI team and all the issues opened there.

The information we have available on this forum and Github is raw data that has not been processed for use. It is unstructured, incomplete and often random.

The point of the research phase is to analyze available data, process, categorize and prioritize. It includes tech requirements discussion and analysis, competitors review, stakeholder surveys, response analysis as well as user personas (aka user types). We need to categorize users into types, understand their expectations, behaviours, needs, and motivations through methodical, investigative approach. The goal is to ensure that all product design decisions do benefit the user.

Hope it makes sense.

BTW, the design research part is only $14,100.

Best, and thanks again for your interest.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
@Digital Lucifer
Hi and thank you for your review and comments.

Re: Outdated Job Manager plugin – thanks for noticing. I've forwarded your comments to our developers.

Re: Rates. At ROSSUL we never work on an hourly basis for multiple reasons, we believe it is much easier for our clients to know exactly what they are going to pay for a solution to their problem. Therefore we do not quote based on how many screens need designing, or how much time we spend on crafting the solution. If the scope is not changed during the project the quote doesn't change.

Re: "Documentation preparing and process". The initial phase is the Research Phase that we need to discuss and set up success criteria and metrics, we need to research and create user personas to know who we design for,their goals, and mental models. We need to interview and analyze the responses of the stakeholders and ensure we are all on the same page with aligned expectation and goals. That includes all team members on our side too. The outcome of this phase: Goals and Metrics documents, Persona files, compiled stakeholder feedback, High-level functional specs, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot publish research documents publicly because of strict NDAs. We design commercial products and most of them are not available to the public. The financial industry is very sensitive in that respect as you know.

Re: Time allocation. Roughly, the research phase will take about 1/4 of the design time. 2/4 go into workflows and wireframing. 1/4 goes into skin design.

We'll be publishing more info as we receive more questions. Probably here or on Steemit.

Thanks again for your interest and questions.

ROSSUL

Many thanks for this reply!

* re Rossul website - You are most welcome. Website deserves proper management with that kick-ass results!
* re Costs/prices - its very common nowadays in IT development to have fixed prices for packages where "extra features"/"Additional requests" would be added to invoice. Thanks for this explanation.
* re Discussion/Research - as being supported by Rudex who is active part of this community as gateway, 3rd party exchange, development team, UI FORK of BitShares and a paid block producer, i fail to see why you have to do research and collect funds from the blockchain for the knowledge already available right here on this forum (public opinions, feedback on UI), Rudex who is very reliable and rich resource of knowledge and not to mention github for UI team and all the issues opened there.

For that last one, i just think its waste of time and resources for already existing/built knowledge database, well known to people introduced you here.

Anyhow, since i'm managing worker who is similar to this one (just not competitive to UI team or yourself or anyone else, since we are doing Community Wallet), I had to do due diligence on you guys, in order to show it was with no bad intentions:

WE, as myself and Trusty team (who set me up as a proxy) give you our modest VOTE on your proposal, to support healthy and creative spirit of both teams and your workers!

Best of luck and one more time many thanks for your offer,

Milos DL Preocanin.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:04:32 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline ros

• View Profile
@Digital Lucifer
Hi and thank you for your review and comments.

Re: Outdated Job Manager plugin – thanks for noticing. I've forwarded your comments to our developers.

Re: Rates. At ROSSUL we never work on an hourly basis for multiple reasons, we believe it is much easier for our clients to know exactly what they are going to pay for a solution to their problem. Therefore we do not quote based on how many screens need designing, or how much time we spend on crafting the solution. If the scope is not changed during the project the quote doesn't change.

Re: "Documentation preparing and process". The initial phase is the Research Phase that we need to discuss and set up success criteria and metrics, we need to research and create user personas to know who we design for,their goals, and mental models. We need to interview and analyze the responses of the stakeholders and ensure we are all on the same page with aligned expectation and goals. That includes all team members on our side too. The outcome of this phase: Goals and Metrics documents, Persona files, compiled stakeholder feedback, High-level functional specs, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot publish research documents publicly because of strict NDAs. We design commercial products and most of them are not available to the public. The financial industry is very sensitive in that respect as you know.

Re: Time allocation. Roughly, the research phase will take about 1/4 of the design time. 2/4 go into workflows and wireframing. 1/4 goes into skin design.

We'll be publishing more info as we receive more questions. Probably here or on Steemit.

Thanks again for your interest and questions.

ROSSUL

Offline graphenelab

Hi! Thank you for your interest :)

Welcome!

web/ui review analysis

http://bitshares.rossul.com/

- You have 7 images that are resized through html or css, instead of pre-scaling them. *Probably done in a rush during deliver, i completely understand - nothing bad
- 22 images needs optimization (around 250kb+ can be saved)
- Leverage browser caching on hosting is missing.
- Expiry Headers ?
- It's good practice to minify css and js for the production stage

Overall: 1.4s load, 1.77MB Total Load, 42 Requests (single page?) - Testing done from Vancouver, Canada, by GTMetrix.

Google PageScore - ... F
YahooSlow - Lower C

Thanks for your comments, we have slightly reworked the site and increased the download speed.

Thanks,

Now missing part:

1. Based on what ground you did price estimate of entire project, including design and implementations with API and new functionality (that is still unknown) to the penny and what rates you've been applying (hourly, corporate predefined rates, etc...) ?
2. "Transfer an existing project", could you please elaborate more on this item ?
3. Can we see example of "Documentation preparing and process" you've done for previous clients that costs 25200 USD ? Any REAL example of your portfolio ?
4. I heard question from Fuzzy can you list one of those "New functionalities", but actually failed to catch any of it prepared ?
5. at the cost of ~51k USD a month fixed, and 4.5 months duration of this project, how much time you plan to invest in :
a) research and interviews
b) documentation and build markup
c) design
d) Actual implementation of everything from a), b) and c).

Thanks.

2 - We plan at this stage to transfer from the current interface all the already implemented features to the new interface
4 - Later, together with the community, we will select the most desirable functionality and implement it. Discussion will take at least two ways - an open dialogue and research

Graphene Lab Team
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:24:53 pm by graphenelab »

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
RECORDING: Hangout #81

Worker proposal explained

https://youtu.be/N-kmI8WX4lI?t=31m21s

Thanks,

Now missing part:

1. Based on what ground you did price estimate of entire project, including design and implementations with API and new functionality (that is still unknown) to the penny and what rates you've been applying (hourly, corporate predefined rates, etc...) ?
2. "Transfer an existing project", could you please elaborate more on this item ?
3. Can we see example of "Documentation preparing and process" you've done for previous clients that costs 25200 USD ? Any REAL example of your portfolio ?
4. I heard question from Fuzzy can you list one of those "New functionalities", but actually failed to catch any of it prepared ?
5. at the cost of ~51k USD a month fixed, and 4.5 months duration of this project, how much time you plan to invest in :
a) research and interviews
b) documentation and build markup
c) design
d) Actual implementation of everything from a), b) and c).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:31:41 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Yeah, for me fine and loading already! +5 for fast recovery and fixes in the offer.

Now just reply to my initial feedback and i'm good :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline cptnSolo

Removed DNS entry ? Hope it was not 'cause of my reply, I've just raised some normal points/questions.

Yes, there was a DNS issue, now fixed. Waiting for DNS update.

And thanks for your input!

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Ok,

No update for now, well for the stake-holders and Community members that haven't seen offer, here is the content of the offer from blckchnd and Rossul that is unavailable at the moment due to possible hosting/domain issues.

Saved SCS of entire page, in order - > from header to footer.

Hope this helps more clarity - re my reply/feedback above.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:32:06 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Removed DNS entry ? Hope it was not 'cause of my reply, I've just raised some normal points/questions.

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\Milos>ping bitshares.rossul.com
Ping request could not find host bitshares.rossul.com. Please check the name and try again.

Any update/eta on this ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:12:24 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Welcome!

web/ui review analysis

http://bitshares.rossul.com/

- You have 7 images that are resized through html or css, instead of pre-scaling them. *Probably done in a rush during deliver, i completely understand - nothing bad
- 22 images needs optimization (around 250kb+ can be saved)
- Leverage browser caching on hosting is missing.
- Expiry Headers ?
- It's good practice to minify css and js for the production stage

Overall: 1.4s load, 1.77MB Total Load, 42 Requests (single page?) - Testing done from Vancouver, Canada, by GTMetrix.

Google PageScore - ... F
YahooSlow - Lower C

Comments on content of the page:

1. "BitShares" is going with capitol S (don't know why but have been told like that since day one :) )
2. Typos in header/body intro:
"Bitshares Decentralized Exchange that uis user friendly, intuitive and responsive."
"We plan to develop a new version of Bitshares Echanange and realted tools that are:"
3. Following paragraphs(titles) have same content:
- Useful
- Light & Responsive
- React JS
- Latest Technologies
- Easy to Maintain

First of all welcome to the BitShares blockchain with your offer! I'm community quality control freak, especially when it comes to UI/Web/Hosting, so this is nothing personal just basic quality/reality check before questions of other stake-holders and myself. Hope we can provide to each other some proper feedback/replies.

I would ask for these clarifications:

1. You will redesign/revamp existing bitshares-ui that is open-source or you will build new from scratch using existing React libraries ?
2. You have no mockup included in the offer and offer basic requirement to provide such thing is Research, Documentation, Interviews, Discussion that costs 25,200.00 USD ?
2a. (If above answer is Yes) - Based on what ground you did estimate of entire project, including design and implementations with API and new functionality (that is still unknown) to the penny and what rates you've been applying (hourly, corporate predefined rates, etc...) ?
3. "Transfer an existing project", could you please elaborate more on this item ?
4. Type of the worker would be "fixed" ?
5. Terms of payment ?

ROSSUL.COM - FRIENDLY REVIEW

Amazing results and optimization done to your WordPress. Real Corporate template and really tuned WordPress. Each page, each item. No remarks! Well done.

Now, you do have security issue there. Job-manager plugin is outdated/obsolete for 3 years and you haven't replaced it yet. You do manage portfolio regularly (1 client delivered in 2018 and 2 in 2017 according to upload dates - where few dates same as outdate plugin). Blogging is on top level, so you do take care SEO well and visibility/sales.

huge "-" for security and plugin management
great "+" for seo/portfolio management and wordpress initial optimizations.

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:21:11 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.