Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Witness Proposal] 1.6.129 - zapata42-witness

(1/8) > >>

ioex:

--- Quote from: xeroc on July 31, 2018, 08:55:02 am ---Can you please provide a block producer for the testnet as well?
To get my votes, I usually look how well they perform on the testnet (block production only, no price feeds).

--- End quote ---

Witness ioex-test has been running steadily on the test network for three weeks. Can I get your vote on mainnet?
Mainnet witness account ioex.

matle85:

--- Quote from: zapata42 on November 16, 2018, 06:11:30 pm ---I'm not aware of any agreed weighting, but abit has publicly expressed his opinions, and this topic has been discussed multiple times here and on telegram.
I agree that some volumes (and trade history) seems faked, so I'll take some time to forge an updated opinion and scale my volumes accordingly.
I'll keep you informed.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Zapata and just to say, reading through all your posts I'm really impressed by the professional approach you have to this work. You're a great asset to the community.

It would be really interesting to see how the prices at different exchanges vary over time. That will show if some are skewing the price and causing some of the odd effects that Bitcrab & others are concerned about around discounts and force settlements etc.

It may be we consider some more reliable / relevant than others for bitCNY specifically. If the weighting is transparent and justified then it would be fine in my view to give some greater weight and others a reduced weight.

zapata42:

--- Quote from: matle85 on November 16, 2018, 05:10:06 pm ---Have we got agreed weighting for the different price feed sources? I.e. if we are concerned one exchange has faked volume it could be having an unjustified impact on the feed.

--- End quote ---

Currently my weighting is volume based average.
I currently don't apply any adjustment by market, however the script has a `scaleVolumeBy` feature that let you adjust each source volume according to an arbitrary ratio.
I'm not aware of any agreed weighting, but abit has publicly expressed his opinions, and this topic has been discussed multiple times here and on telegram.
I agree that some volumes (and trade history) seems faked, so I'll take some time to forge an updated opinion and scale my volumes accordingly.
I'll keep you informed.

matle85:
That's great - thank you!

Have we got agreed weighting for the different price feed sources? I.e. if we are concerned one exchange has faked volume it could be having an unjustified impact on the feed - I can see various discussions on the reliability of different sources but not sure if we maintain a weighting somewhere?

xeroc:
+5% for transparency and your work on the price feed script!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version