Author Topic: Whens the Poker DAC coming out?  (Read 11400 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
You make it so sitting at a table has initial transaction cost that could be used to go towards blinds.

e.g. you pre-pay 10 blinds. So if you stick around for 10 rounds, you are good.

It would discourage massive table changes, but for those who really want to hit & run, it's their choice.

Cool similar to the deposit delegates pay.. provide incentive to be honest. That could work.. how about games where blinds are very low but potential for rewards is higher? Thus at some point you may have a point where the 10 blinds aren't enough to sway people from trying to do "hit & run"s.. whatever it is, has to be dynamic enough to not overcharge people to not use the system but has to be enough to detract those those want to manipulate... im sure this is all possible now that I think more about it... and would be interesting to see someone implement it.. I for one would participate as I love to play the game.

In addition, if hand histories were visible, have a way for tables to remove players either with voting at a small cost which can get back to investors or a reputation system. In other words, if someone starts a new table, they can set certain conditions:

- Player must have x reputation
- Player account must be active for y amount of days

Without a centralized security team, there's certainly some challenges with this type of approach to Poker.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
You make it so sitting at a table has initial transaction cost that could be used to go towards blinds.

It would discourage massive table changes, but for those who really want to hit & run, it's their choice.

Cool similar to the deposit delegates pay.. provide incentive to be honest. That could work.. how about games where blinds are very low but potential for rewards is higher? Thus at some point you may have a point where the 10 blinds aren't enough to sway people from trying to do "hit & run"s.. whatever it is, has to be dynamic enough to not overcharge people to not use the system but has to be enough to detract those those want to manipulate... im sure this is all possible now that I think more about it... and would be interesting to see someone implement it.. I for one would participate as I love to play the game.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
well if the players are selected randomly, chances are they would log off or cancel it somehow and try to get together again in the next match. so the only solutions i see is that they could only re-enter after a period of time and this time could be a random number, different for each player, or they pay a fee or after doing that X times, they loose part of the stake they used to sign in (assuming there is a minimum) or for each time they cancelled a match, on the next one, part of their earnings (if they have any, is burnt)

obviously this doesn't prevent it but it can minimize it.

Lol again, no open tables will kill competitiveness and people simply will not use it over whats available. Alot of people simply like to play with friends. I would rather a full proper solution be figured out rather than hack it up to offer a random game only.
why would open tables be a consequence of what you quoted?
I don't understand what you are saying.
That was a bit confusing...
Why should "no open tables" be a consequence of what Akado said?

I guess the bolded is what concerns him. However I never said that it would offer random games only. If what you want to do is play with friends is simple, you set up some kind of private match where you can invite them. That way you have both options. Even if, for example, you pair up with a friend, invite some of your contacts and cheat, that would only happen in private matches, meaning they only play them if they want to and already knowing they are vulnerable to that

Ok that makes sense... so public tables can be matched randomely but private tables can be open to anything. However like BM said.. because a user can simply keep trying before getting a "favourable" matchup on a table it does open up vulnerabilities in terms of statistically favouring those who game the system. Unless you build some smarts that would catch these people.. maybe adding on a timer that they have to wait a certain amount of time it might decrease the likelihood of manipulation to make the system usable over time... and it might be a fair tradeoff.. just like how the bitcoin security model is open to manipulation but it tries to make it "unlikely" mathematically.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
well if the players are selected randomly, chances are they would log off or cancel it somehow and try to get together again in the next match. so the only solutions i see is that they could only re-enter after a period of time and this time could be a random number, different for each player, or they pay a fee or after doing that X times, they loose part of the stake they used to sign in (assuming there is a minimum) or for each time they cancelled a match, on the next one, part of their earnings (if they have any, is burnt)

Lol again, no open tables will kill competitiveness and people simply will not use it over whats available. Alot of people simply like to play with friends. I would rather a full proper solution be figured out rather than hack it up to offer a random game only.

I guess the bolded is what concerns him. However I never said that it would offer random games only. If what you want to do is play with friends is simple, you set up some kind of private match where you can invite them. That way you have both options. Even if, for example, you pair up with a friend, invite some of your contacts and cheat, that would only happen in private matches, meaning they only play them if they want to and already knowing they are vulnerable to that
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Heads up matches ONLY matches would be dumb because poker players want action and large pots. Offering heads up action would be nice as a option but  The pairing of players should be random, if you can pick random numbers for bitshares play their must be a easy way to randomize player seating. If the service was launched the player pool would start small but once it grew to a larger size colluding should not be to big of a issue. If you wanted to make it harder get rid of screen names and assign players a new random number that only they can see. While at the table just give label players by seat number. This may or may not go over well because it then makes it impossible to take notes on players because you can't identify them. Take a look at the site seals with clubs. They are a bitcoin only site. As others have stated poker players want fair games, lots of players(big pots), and a easy way to cash out no matter what country they are in. BitUSD would be perfect other then it's depth is very limited. If someone wanted to cash out 10kbitUSD  or even 5k they would crash the markethttps://bter.com/trade/bitusd_usd. Once btsx is firing on all cylinders and it is exposed to more people that should bring my users. More users hopefully mean more money which in turn will bring the depth the market needs. Around that time with any luck we get a payment gateway btsx to fiat, bitUSd to fiat and boom, pop, pow we made it.

cliff notes......whats the point until you can cash out, bitUSD to fiat without using another step?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Once a scriptable crypto is up and running this and many others will be possible. I suspect that Ethereum will do fine, however there is no clear timeframe for when that will be out.

On the other hand if Hackfisher makes the game DAC scriptable as I proposed in the past, BitShares could beat Ethereum and gain first mover advantage.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
So has anyone stepped up yet to be the lead developer for a Poker DAC ?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:10:47 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

The solution is trivial:  Only allow 1-on-1 matches.
Already spoke about this and no this is not the answer. No open tables means noone will join.