Author Topic: Is it a good idea to lower MSSR of bitCNY from 1.1 to 1.05 or even lower?  (Read 17826 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I agree with this proposal, it can help balance the bitCNY price closer to 1: 1 with CNY, but please set up settlement offset back to 1%

Could you explain how ?

All of these potential changes should be considered for all bit assets.  No reason for CYN to be different, this is more confusing for users.

BitUSD isn't able to buy out the margin calls on the market currently as they are still there and you want to lower the MSSR for it so they will be even bigger ?

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
All of these potential changes should be considered for all bit assets.  No reason for CYN to be different, this is more confusing for users.

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
I agree with this proposal, it can help balance the bitCNY price closer to 1: 1 with CNY, but please set up settlement offset back to 1%

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
FFS bitcrab, I thought BitShares was supposed to be decentralised.

You adjust all the parameters to suit your whale positions.

you run the open market operations (a major conflict of interest.)

you got the committee to change force settlement on BitCNY to 5%(supposedly temporarily) when all other bitassets are 1%

now you want to change MSSR for your own ends.

lets just rename it Crabshares
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
A 1.1 MSSR isn't able to arbitrage all called margins on DEX.Would you lower it to 5% it would mean that on bigger falls like now the external funds which will come from CEX will be even smaller buy off margin calls.

The only real solution would be getting more users to DEX.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Why not 1.001? Why not 1.5?

MSSR punishes shorters upon force settlement yeah? Why not increase it for failing to collateralize their shorts?
MSSR has nothing to do with force settlement.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline R

• View Profile
MSSR punishes shorters upon force settlement yeah? Why not increase it for failing to collateralize their shorts?

Offline bts-qs

recently in China community someone suggest to lower MSSR of bitCNY, I'd like to have a public discuss and opinion survey on this topic.

thanks to the new feature target CR and the good market depth, recently most of the time the bitCNY margin called orders are eaten instantly at the price close to market price, when the price fall down to very low point, some margin called order are stay there for long time without being completely, and normally at this time the bitCNY premium is more than 10%.

when margin called orders stay there, then the sell order price will keep falling down when the feed price come down, shorters always can sell to make the feed price even lower and the buy back from DEX, this process make the price even lower.

so is it possible to lesson the positive feedback by lower the MSSR?

I think it's possible, as lower MSSR can reduce the profit expectation of shorting.

more ideas and opinions are welcome to clarify this.

I think this is a good idea. This has reduced the disastrous effect of the chain explosion caused by shorting. In fact, setting 1.05 may be more appropriate. Of course, this needs to be tested by practice.

Offline paliboy

I think that this one is much safer experiment than the one influencing the CNY feed price. Definitely don't implement both at the same time, otherwise you cannot judge the effect of one or the other. Give people long enough time (counting in months) to adjust their behavior.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
recently in China community someone suggest to lower MSSR of bitCNY, I'd like to have a public discuss and opinion survey on this topic.

thanks to the new feature target CR and the good market depth, recently most of the time the bitCNY margin called orders are eaten instantly at the price close to market price, when the price fall down to very low point, some margin called order are stay there for long time without being completely, and normally at this time the bitCNY premium is more than 10%.

when margin called orders stay there, then the sell order price will keep falling down when the feed price come down, shorters always can sell to make the feed price even lower and the buy back from DEX, this process make the price even lower.

so is it possible to lesson the positive feedback by lower the MSSR?

I think it's possible, as lower MSSR can reduce the profit expectation of shorting.

more ideas and opinions are welcome to clarify this.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:02:27 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com