Author Topic: Worker Proposal 1.14.123 - SteemFest³ Sponsorship by Bitshares  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Voted!!! +5% +5%

If have extra budget, I suggest to do giveaway free cap, bag, car stickers etc which people may take along.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
Dear BTS community,

My name is @roelandp, a witness for Bitshares since about 1.5 years now. Next to this I am active in the Steem community and organise the annual global conference event SteemFest, this year (edition 3) to be held from 7 to 11 November in Kraków. I've also planned to attend the Bitfest in Amsterdam this weekend and organise a little pancake farewell party on Sunday 23 september actually.

I am proposing this worker (id: 1.14.123), escrowed by the Bitshares Blockchain Foundation, asking for a sponsorship from the Bitshares blockchain for SteemFest3.

The more extensive details of the worker are hosted on BBF workers site, the following is a summary for your consideration.

The Bitshares SteemFest3 sponsorship serves 3 purposes:
  • Generic Bitshares brand recognition increase
  • Create user awareness and user growth
  • Create developer awareness and developer growth

SteemFest 3 - 7/8/9/10/11 November - Kraków, Poland
Steem has become the defacto standard blogging tool for (graphene based) blockchain announcements and for example witness announcements of all sorts. Many Steem users know of BitShares and use it, but there is still work to be done. Did you know that just like last year, this year you can also buy your SteemFest ticket with BTS?

SteemFest’s conference program is still in the works but amongst the 2018 speakers who are already confirmed, of whom some of them will also be present:
  • Steemit’s CEO Ned Scott
  • Joe Parys: Online instructor with 350,000+ students
  • Sorin Christescu: Blockchain Competence Centre leader at the European Commission
  • Anarcho-capitalist Jeff Berwick
See steemfest.com for the complete list of announced speakers, which every week adds more on friday’s announcements.

SteemFest 3 sees a varied attendees mix of early crypto adopters and evangelists of the Steem (and related) chains from all over the world with all kinds of profiles. In 2016 (Amsterdam) 208 people attended, in 2017 (Lisbon) 311 people attended. About 25% of the attendees are developers and know their ways in Graphene chain development. People flock in from over 40 countries to Poland this year, about 40% of attendees is female, still quite unique to blockchain / tech conferences.

The sponsorship would entail the following Bitshares integrations with SteemFest:
  • Bitshares branding on all event media such as: banners onsite, mobile app, printed handout, every announcement, every newsletter, all attendees badges and wherever deemed reasonable in event decorations.
  • Bitshares rollup banner booth explaining Bitshares in laymans terms in the  Expo area of the event.
  • 20 minute slot reserved for Bitshares talk on SteemFest. Open for a volunteer proposal - I'm all ears via steemfest@gmail.com or my telegram handle.
  • 5x SteemFest full-conference tickets to be given away through Bitshares powered competitions to be held on Steem (user: bitshares-at-sf) which forms 'engage-marketing/branding' in itself:
    • BTS-Steemfest3 Competition 1: (2 x 1 ticket) - simple raffle: Steem users can participate by leaving a comment with their BTS account and resteem the post. If they don’t have one, they should get one.
    • BTS Steemfest3 Competition 2: (2 x 1 ticket) - Make an artwork featuring Bitshares and/or it’s core feature: decentralised exchange and asset . Post your artwork on your Steem account, leave a comment here which also includes your BTS account. (If you don’t have one, you should get one).
    • BTS Steemfest3 Competition 3: (1 x 1 ticket) - Most referrals to bring in new Steem users to Bitshares, using the BTS referral system as judge.
Risk management:
If the Bitshares community decides this worker aligns and help the BTS chain further, and therefore vote for the worker and trigger the daily payments, I would accept this decision as final and start integrating the Bitshares branding as announced above. One week thereafter the BTS competitions would start - each week a new one. As you can understand this gives me a risk since, once the tickets are given away and/or event materials printed, there is no way to erase them, thus should the voting be redacted / changed towards a 'non paying'/'non-supported' status of this worker afterwards, I am willing to take that risk and cover the funds needed personally. But it would obviously be a less optimal situation.

FYI: BEET-Voting widget integrated on SteemFest.com :)
To support ongoing efforts of the BEET-voting tool, enabling voting-widgets to be scattered anywhere on the web and enable secure voting / blockchain interaction, I have integrated the Worker-proposal 1.14.123 as a widget in the footer of the SteemFest - site.

Worker object id      1.14.123
BBF page201809-steemfest
Proposed start21 September 2018
Duration14 weeks
Funds requested10,000 EUR (12,000 USD)
Daily pay2,761 BTS
To be paid to@steemfest on bitshares
Thanks to BBF transparent accounting non used vested BTS funds will be returned.

Looking forward to your consideration for a vote!
Should you have any questions feel free to ask below, or ping me on telegram (same username), or maybe we can have a chat during Bitfest in Amsterdam this weekend!

Kind regards,

@roelandp
witness bitshares
organiser steemfest