Author Topic: Bitshares: Margin Trading and Swap contracts on the DEX discussion  (Read 8560 times)

Offline George_Bitspark

• Co-Founder and CEO of Bitspark
    • View Profile
    • Bitspark
Would that require additional switch on UIA/Token management/creation ? e.g. "Allow borrow", "Set interest %", etc...

On the legal side, it would allow users/gateways to actually provide service of "Money Lending", which is without proper licencing not allowed in most countries of the world.
- Who would be taking responsibility ? Blockchain ? *(if not ignore next question)* If does, how blockchain earns from UIA as part of the process ?

Or it would be done on core level, and instead of UIA we will re-issue BTC, ETH, and others as new form of half smart-assets half UIA assets ?

Apologies if my questions not have much sense, I'm trying to clarify it for myself.

Chee®s

1. In terms of UIA creation and adding a 'can it be borrowed' switch yeh thats a good idea I hadnt thought of. Ideally any on the DEX could be used in this P2P lending market unless otherwise noted.

2. It does not make gateways liable for lending as this is a P2P swap market, the gateway is not involved in any part of this process its two users interacting on the DEX. Also Bitshares assets are not 'money' and would not fall under any clauses anyway.

3. In terms of who takes responsibility, the blockchain ensures trustlessness on execution of everything. Any interests go to the lender directly. It should work with any assets on the Bitshares DEX. If you want to lend or margin trade ZEPH for BTS then as long as there is a lending orderbook for that it can be done.
Bitspark- Cash to Cryptocurrency

Offline George_Bitspark

• View Profile
    • Bitspark
great idea.

my concern:

what kind of assets can be used as collateral? only BTS or some UIA such as OPEN.BTC, GDEX.EOS also available? anyway in the  cryptocurrency market BTC,ETH, EOS, etc occupy the most share.

margin trading need good liquidity of the collateral, now even BTS/bitUSD is not in satisfactory depth. so I am also considering other forms of bond market:

A borrow 100$ of bitUSD from B, with X interests and Y terms and put 110$ worth of GDEX.EOS to collateral, A can get the collateral back by paying the debt and interests, when the expire time arrive and A does not pay back the debt and interest, the collateral will be sent to B.

this kind of borrowing is widely used in China OTC market, it do not rely on the collateral liquidity in an exchange.

Any asset could be lended or borrowed from any other asset on the DEX and this would determine what collateral to make (e.g. if its BTS/bitUSD then only these two currencies can be used as collateral, but if its bitUSD/GDEX.BTC then only those currencies). Most of the time exchanges like Bitfinex and Poloniex set the markets they want available for lending, some have liquidity some do not but I think its best if we keep it open for the market to decide what assets should have lending orderbooks and which ones not. If no liquidity for the desired leverage then margin traders could only borrow the maximum amount of liquidity available on the Ask orderbook market.

The example above you gave is very similar to how this proposed system works yep.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Would that require additional switch on UIA/Token management/creation ? e.g. "Allow borrow", "Set interest %", etc...

On the legal side, it would allow users/gateways to actually provide service of "Money Lending", which is without proper licencing not allowed in most countries of the world.
- Who would be taking responsibility ? Blockchain ? *(if not ignore next question)* If does, how blockchain earns from UIA as part of the process ?

Or it would be done on core level, and instead of UIA we will re-issue BTC, ETH, and others as new form of half smart-assets half UIA assets ?

Apologies if my questions not have much sense, I'm trying to clarify it for myself.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
great idea.

my concern:

what kind of assets can be used as collateral? only BTS or some UIA such as OPEN.BTC, GDEX.EOS also available? anyway in the  cryptocurrency market BTC,ETH, EOS, etc occupy the most share.

margin trading need good liquidity of the collateral, now even BTS/bitUSD is not in satisfactory depth. so I am also considering other forms of bond market:

A borrow 100$ of bitUSD from B, with X interests and Y terms and put 110$ worth of GDEX.EOS to collateral, A can get the collateral back by paying the debt and interests, when the expire time arrive and A does not pay back the debt and interest, the collateral will be sent to B.

this kind of borrowing is widely used in China OTC market, it do not rely on the collateral liquidity in an exchange.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:09:08 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
Fantastic idea, if it can be implemented it should be. This would drive up demand for BTS and smart coins. 👍

Offline George_Bitspark

• View Profile
    • Bitspark
I just wrote some initial ideas on how we can add Margin Trading via P2P swap contracts and an active lending market to the DEX which in my is the biggest single change we can do to add multiples more liquidity, volume and price pressure on BTS. Feedback welcome

Check it here
Good idea, but lack of specifications.

If you really want this to be implemented in BitShares, please create a BSIP document via pull request here: https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/pulls

By the way, https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/issues/6 is related.

Thanks, at this stage its not meant to be a BSIP- first we need to facilitate community feedback on what would be required, then can look at creating a formal BSIP as it indeed requires more specification.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I just wrote some initial ideas on how we can add Margin Trading via P2P swap contracts and an active lending market to the DEX which in my is the biggest single change we can do to add multiples more liquidity, volume and price pressure on BTS. Feedback welcome

Check it here
Good idea, but lack of specifications.

If you really want this to be implemented in BitShares, please create a BSIP document via pull request here: https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/pulls

By the way, https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/issues/6 is related.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline George_Bitspark

• View Profile
    • Bitspark

Check it here