Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - BitShares Sponsorship of Decentralized conference  (Read 10384 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Funds Update.

Payment to Decentralized organizers completed.

You can view the invoice at: https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/blob/master/DecentralizedInvoice.jpg

Invoice was for 16k Euro +19% VAT.

Payment agreed at today's BTC exchange rate was was 3.38BTC.

A total of 216444 BTS were exchanged for 3.3811BTC in 2 batches (0.001 BTC withdrawal fees from exchange + 0.0001 transaction fee to complete payment)

Average price 0.00001562 BTC/BTS

Payment TX id: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/46fbca9cde4cd22f417ac7bff801330ef68e59f990c9ac05507b912b0fdfcd8f

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Another update:

We have been listed/mentioned under the sponsor section on decentralized.com.

Currently finalizing the agenda with them.
They cancelled the relevant panel we had planned so I convinced them to upgrade the spokesperson's participation from panelist to speaker.

So now we get TWO speaker slots.

Spokesperson will have a talk in the "Blockchain and Financial Services" session.
Ryan will have a talk under one of the "Blockchain Technology Advances" sessions.

Getting them the necessary information to finalize the proper listings & bios asap.

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Good job Alex, looking forward to hearing how it goes

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
A quick update and important notification.

Spokesperson has confirmed her attendance to me. I expect a public announcement soon as well.

The spokesperson will take part in a panel discussion (most likely the "Blockchain Policy" panel)

Ryan R. Fox has also confirmed and will be tackling the speaker slot (Topic: TBA)

The important notification is that the 16000 euro price (15k sponsorship + 1k brochure ad) is EXCLUDING Cyprus VAT.

This means that the final amount paid to the organizers is 16k euro +19% VAT bringing the worker's total estimated budget up to 28500 USD.

I will do my best to keep rest of the costs as low as possible (I believe travel expenses will end up being lower after all as we can get good accommodation deals) so that we end up lower than that.

The worker was already over-estimated so there is no need to change anything  but I'm letting the community know for transparency's sake.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Worker is now active everyone!

Thanks for your support! I will be updating here as things move along.

Offline apasia.tech

Great initiative, and as seen separately in telegram chats, let alone the marketing oppty being fantastic - it is holding further value coinciding at a well timed moment - to place some of the best minds in our community together in the same time and room ... what's not to like
Ross Walker - Founder @ apasia.tech
AP Asia Tech Co., LTD.  TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 14/11 Floraville Complex 2, Pattanakarn Soi 51, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand.

Offline iamredbar

This will be a great opportunity for Bitshares. Voted!

Offline kimchi-king

This is certainly something this community needs more of. Great initiative.

Voted

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
1) With the launch of the new website for the bitshares.org , this worker would be full power to release some proper word/marketing there and bring us closer to the mainstream.
2) I sincerely hope that Spokesperson/BBF will accept this invite. It would be finally proper use-case scenario for her position/title.
3) As "TBD Attendee" - My personal suggestion would be Abit/Fabian. There is no better value-choice/addition to this package/scenario.

As Event checks out as informational (tech wise) only, strongly suggest Ryan R. Fox to be main speaker (for reasons we all know that needs no discussion). 

I don't have with much to vote in Stake(BTS), but definitely VOTED.

All above - my personal opinion.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I have already paid for my registration. Can I get a partial refund? And some travel expenses?

Not sure if their offer for 20% off the current discount price (which is 40% off and I assume you paid) or 20% off the main price which they will revert to at some point.

In any case, assuming the worker is approved I will ask the organizers to see whether it's possible. They've been very accommodating so far.

As far as travel expenses are concerned for gas and tolls from Loutraki, I'll pay them out of my own pocket if it's an issue :)

Offline onceuponatime

I have already paid for my registration. Can I get a partial refund? And some travel expenses?

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
NAME:2018-10-decentralized-sponsorship
WORKER HANDLER:Alex Megalokonomos (clockwork)
TOTAL:Up to $28,500 (Estimated Budget. See full proposal) (Up from 25k. Now includes VAT . See comment below)
DURATION:2018/10/18 - 2018/10/27 (9 days)
DAILY PAY:42,000 BTS (includes overhead to cover potential BTS price volatility – ALL excess funds will be returned to the reserve pool)
WORKER ID:1.14.127

This year’s “Decentralized” conference will be held at my hometown of Athens, Greece between the 14th and 16th of November. I was planning to go as a simple attendee but after conversations with other community members and considering the need for as much exposure for BitShares as possible at such events, I decided to create this worker.

The purpose of this worker is to cover the cost of a Sponsorship Package for BitShares and associated expenses.

I have already negotiated a special deal on a sponsorship package with the organizers which includes:

•   Logo on website
•   Logo on conference materials (banners, videos, etc.)
•   Thank you during opening and closing
•   Free exhibition space
•   Special marker on booth
•   Free registrations: 4
•   20% off on additional passes
•   A speaker slot (business or technology track)
•   A panelist slot

The package costs 15,000€ (approx.. $17,400) and the associated expenses are:

•   Travel costs for another 3 BitShares “representatives” (TBD)
•   Design/Creation & printing costs of a BitShares “introductory” leaflet + Vinyl stickers to be handed out at the BitShares booth.
•   Full page ad on conference brochure

More information about Decentralized and the speakers/agenda this year can be found here: https://www.decentralized.com/

The FULL worker proposal can be found in the following PDF https://github.com/clockworkgr/worker-proposals/raw/master/2018-10-decentralized-sponsorship.pdf
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:44:24 am by clockwork »