Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - A bounty based smartcoin marketing campaign  (Read 43465 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Don't get me wrong.
Why do you guys focus on top 50 CMC based exchanges.
Instead try real exchanges which are not top 50 CMC but with real history and real user base.
IDAX is sending everyone a listing request.What does it bring to get listed on IDAX if the real volume will be like 1000 bitcny per day.

Wasting funds just because they are top 50 CMC instead looking for legit exchanges which are not top 50 as they don't wash trade so heavily is something i don't understand.
Do you want to bring real value or do you just wanna create an image based on fake volume

Would rather this worker proposal go towards paying listing fee + some bonus bounty for the person who lobbied it. This is how you get listed, yep most exchanges are fake volume but nobody cares when it can bring new actual users to Bitshares. I'd support this with our vote with the above change^.

How many new users will exchanges like RightBTC,IDAX,Sistemkoin,Latoken etc bring ?
Compare that to the amount of new users which it would bring spending that amount of BTS in Marketing or legit exchanges and i doubt you will even get 1/10 on these exchanges .

Maybe it would be worth that you guys check the volume of these exchanges for new listed coins.
Its either none or a very high one (wash trading) where in reality you won't be able to even sell $1000 worth of coins/assets without crashing the price to nirvana

A good example RightBTC.Ranking number 22 which has BTS listed.
Trading volume for BTS in the past 7 days is ZERO .
So we are going to pay now the listing fee of bitassets and a bounty of 500k BTS and what volume do you realisticly expect that these bitassets will get when nearly all assets there have zero real volume.
LAtaken,Cointiger,IDAX,Sistemkoin etc all the same.
What value does it bring to get there listed ?
In my eyes these funds would be wasted for getting bitassets listed on these kind of exchanges which basicly exist and fake volume to find idiots who will pay for their listing fee's which is their main income.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:09:57 pm by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Then how about coinsuper.com and idax.pro? both of them are top 20 exchanges, but I am not sure about their real volume. They ask for not much, 4-5 bitcoin. As I know coinsuper is a Hongkong exchange with license and fiat channel.

I spoke to IDAX a few weeks ago, they were keen to list BTS but not bitCNY at the minute. Where did you get the 4-5BTC figure from? Typically their fees were quite a bit higher than others (12 BTC + depending on the number of pairs).

Offline matle85

• View Profile
How do we coordinate payment of the listing fee?

I have five ready to go - three of them are good options, two (LATOKEN and RightBTC) I've been told to hold off on for now due to uncertainties over them.

There are two top 20/top 25 (depending on the time of day / week) which agreed to 6BTC / 8 BTC for bitCNY & bitUSD. I can change those to BTS and bitCNY and we can have them up by Christmas if we want.

Would rather this worker proposal go towards paying listing fee + some bonus bounty for the person who lobbied it. This is how you get listed, yep most exchanges are fake volume but nobody cares when it can bring new actual users to Bitshares. I'd support this with our vote with the above change^.

I would like to support the change too. How do you think @bitcrab ?

I agree to pay listing fee and bounty to lobbyist from this worker proposal, it's reasonable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:18:49 pm by matle85 »

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile

I agree to pay listing fee and bounty to lobbyist from this worker proposal, it's reasonable.
First we need to avoid global clearing

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline George_Bitspark

• Co-Founder and CEO of Bitspark
    • View Profile
    • Bitspark
Bitspark- Cash to Cryptocurrency

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
The offer's are a joke.
Give me any exchange and i will get it in next 7 days to top 50 on CMC and will take the easy bounty for it.
Instead of looking into the Top 50 CMC which majority is faked one you should create a list of serious exchanges we target.
However i can predict none of the serious exchanges will currently list any bitasset expecially being now riksed getting a global settlement.
Thats another effect of BSIP42 that reputated exchanges won't touch it as the amount of risk of losing own trust and reputation is way to high than the benefit of listing bitassets.
Thats simple business logic.
Instant of using these 9 million BTS for noname and novolume exchanges use it for marketing to get bitshares popular and the demand for bitassets will come itself instead of trying to add an undemanded asset with high risk on low reputation exchanges

To be qualified for the bounty, a top 50 exchange has to list bitCNY and BTS and keep their ranking for at least 2 months, that's much higher cost than the rewards. I doubt exchange would play tricks just for the bounty. Even 300K BTS is not a big number at current price. 
If I remember correctly, we spent millions of BTS for listing on binance.com and aex.com, when the BTS price was much higher than now.
BTW, I really agree that we should spend most of the money for top 5 exchanges.

Binance has real volume and getting listed there also increases reputation.However Binance would never list currently bitassets.You can trust me on that since i worked a lot with Binance in the past.AEX is also a legit exchange which had history even i don't like them much as they got many scam coins listed from early crypto times.
However they are working legit as exchange and prodviding a nice support for both chinese and international traders.

But the mentioned exchanges in this topic are just horrible.Have no real volume,no reputation their support sucks and will only lead to massiv complaints.
And you are wrong exchanges are creating fake volume to send out their so called representatives which contact projects via telegram and ask if a coin wants to get listed on a Top 50 CMC exchange where in reality they are not even in TOP 100.
They demand everything from 2-21 BTC for listing in hope a stupid project agrees on their terms.
What they do after listing is creating wash trading so the customer who spend on listing is happy to have some volume on CMC to make his project look legit.
However this kind of volume is not needed for bitshares and will only lead to massiv complaints and a lose of reputation.
Bitshares is mostly listed on top exchanges and thats why it has a good reputation.Starting listing its bitassets on scam exchanges will only lead to a reduction of bitshares positiv reputation.

Show me one legit exchange people offered here.
Bitcrab mentioned RightBTC.
Eric Gu the owner of RightBTC is being accused of scamming Zengold investors and has now enough trouble with ETP and its unnatural pump and dumps.
The exchange was created since he planned to move his company to Dubai from China but couldn't find any serious partner there so he decided to move his company to HK.
RightBTC is a project which gets no attention from him and was basicly created to create fake volume for ETP and ZGC which were excluded after a time from CMC as it was so obvious that the volume was manipulated by x1000
Thanks for your input, it seems you are really familiar with the exchanges stuff, I appreciate it because we do need an adviser for this and hope you can contribute somehow instead of complaining. Anyways, bitCNY/bitUSD is not exploited as base currency by any decent exchange yet.

Then how about coinsuper.com and idax.pro? both of them are top 20 exchanges, but I am not sure about their real volume. They ask for not much, 4-5 bitcoin. As I know coinsuper is a Hongkong exchange with license and fiat channel.

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline matle85

• View Profile
@matle85

I know exectly how things works.I'm a business owner for nearly 22 years now and i doubt any of these will succeed.
But to take that argument from people away
i will create a worker proposal for marketing
i will start as a proxy
and i will get a witness (so i can understand and play more with the script,not expecting to get voted in)

BTW the only decent exchange which has already bitshares and could list bitusd is HitBTC .However the volume of BTS there is very low.Past 24h $92 .
RightBTC had a volume of 0

That's great to hear Thule, look forward to reading it and if you want any input / discussions on drafts I'm sure people would be willing to help - marketing is the big one that will take us to the next level.

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
I also has good contact with binance, it's me that convince them to list BTS. surely that's at their beginning,  far from No.1 in CMC.

yes it's very difficult to convince them to list bitCNY/bitUSD, but anyway, nothing impossible, and actually 1M BTS bounty is a little low for such a listing for binance, IMHO it's OK to pay a 5*listing bounty for binance listing.

however I don't think we need to just focus on the top exchanges, we also need small exchanges, people may remember when ETH is just online, no big exchanges list them, in China it is yunbi that list it first, currently as far as I know we have people working with Poloniex, try to persuade them to open bitUSD/bitCNY market, but we need not to ignore the small exchanges.

RightBTC do not have a good reputation, I stop connecting them. another exchange cointiger.com is interested in open bitUSD now, they have open bitCNY market long ago.

let's go to the market to find good chance.
We will always support you and thank you for your contribution to BTS.

Offline GBAC

• View Profile
I will try UEX

name:linda
bts account:linda-alpha
email:tianmengmeng_ujs@163.com

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
why not a committee? I would be glad to support you as a committee too.

@matle85

I know exectly how things works.I'm a business owner for nearly 22 years now and i doubt any of these will succeed.
i will start as a proxy
and i will get a witness (so i can understand and play more with the script,not expecting to get voted in)

BTW the only decent exchange which has already bitshares and could list bitusd is HitBTC .However the volume of BTS there is very low.Past 24h $92 .

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
in fact, to me the only problem for Bitshare is BSIP42, all I want to do is abondon the manipulate and give the correct feed price back.
other issues like the open market operation , bounty to be listed by a nobody exchange  are bad too, sure I will be glad to see these be canceled, but I don't care if these continued.

Bitshare is good enough, just wait the business development. all problems you thought it had are just for some special share holders, not for the system.

Worker for what ?

A worker for any of the things you guys are complaining about constantly - marketing for example. Everyone knows we need something but Xeroc is the only one I've seen source/share a proposal. Contact some companies or draft a scope.

You can also put yourselves forward as an alternative proxy / witness.

Or just keep complaining / sh*tting on everything without contributing anything productive - it's easy to do that from the sidelines.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
@matle85

i will start as a proxy

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:34:22 am by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Worker for what ?

A worker for any of the things you guys are complaining about constantly - marketing for example. Everyone knows we need something but Xeroc is the only one I've seen source/share a proposal. Contact some companies or draft a scope.

You can also put yourselves forward as an alternative proxy / witness.

Or just keep complaining / sh*tting on everything without contributing anything productive - it's easy to do that from the sidelines.