Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Marketing efforts for Bitshares  (Read 4037 times)

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Completely agree on the blog - bit of a challenge with a decentralised community. I'd like to see a worker to elect a 'board' responsible for articles with a small bounty per article and some fee for the board members time reviewing/choosing the best. I think that might work better than just having part time authors employed directly by the worker as you'd get more varied and innovative content (hopefully)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

I'm very grateful and will hold you for that offer of help for the new website. Since OpenLedger was the first actual DEX dapp around BitShares and lasted this long, I believe you could contribute in various ways. For now we are under the pressure of first sprint (polish&launch of new bitshares.org), but as soon as initial Chaos is behind i'll reach you out.

Marketing.

I would recommend that you hold for about 15 days with this proposal and get it polished (e.g proper eta on budgets for ads and worker itself).

bitshares.org will run Google Analytics/AdWords and will have small pro-bono paid campaign in USA which will be used as initial traffic boost and rankings. If we could start this as focused/synced campaign, I would be willing to invite you to GA and give you more info that can actually be very useful for your future development and possibly create co-joint worker for proper Marketing Proposal.

Please let me know your thoughts and have a great day!

Dear Milos, we would be happy to collaborate in the scope of new site implementation. As soon as you are ready, please get in touch with me. In the meanwhile, here is a couple of ideas from us regarding the site update:

- Make sure the site is mobile-friendly.
- Add more “success stories” to the website outlining projects that are currently working on BitShares to show that BitShares is good for businesses.
- Add a Blog section to the website where either BitShares team members or guest authors will be able to publish their use cases, success stories, share news about BitShares and its community. This should help to improve awareness about BitShares.
-SEO:
 -Add metadata on all pages (currently, even the home page misses these elements).
 -Review and re-organize link profile on the website (eliminate broken links, place redirects where needed, etc.).
 -Update info on the BitShares in the most important online directories, catalogs, wiki pages, etc. Right now the info is outdated on many sources.
 - setup and optimize Google analytics(goals tracking, conversions tracking, etc).

Yuri,

Thanks for reply.

- Mobile-Friendly/Responsive will be polished the last, since we don't have yet final content/structure, but overall is good.
- Blog will not be there for a while. Unless we organize a proper worker and authors for it. I'm terribly sorry, but un-filtered content and freedom of speech can be applied on Steem where it belongs, but on Corporate website it will just not happen, just for sake of legal and brand itself.
- Meta is being done page per page, once the content is final (readability, targeted keywords/phrases, h1 and h2 headings structure, etc) - example can be found here

For the rest, let's take this as separate discussion in bitshares.org worker related topic, after smaller update tomorrow, to not make here a lot of off-topic discussion.

Have a great Sunday!
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
Yes, marketing!

In the past OpenLedger has advertised with incorrect statements, I would like to propose some kind of review system for anything published. This review should not be about layouting or formatting, but merely about the content facts.

I agree any creatives or text published to be approved by authorized supervisors beforehand. Any ideas who can do that?
In regards to the incorrect statements, could you share some with me?

Thank you!
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
Would be good to include DEXBot in any marketing efforts. People will be very interested to learn they can use free decentralised trading software too. It's another good selling point of BitShares and will help to pull in new users.

I would say DEXBot to be mentioned on the new website. @Digital Lucifer, could you advise, is it a part of the plan?
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
In what timeframe? I think Bitshares needs first some upgrades of UI, core and website, when this happened some extra money on marketing could be spend.

Sure, and this in the scope of our proposal as well, hopefully as a collaboration with Milos.
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info

I'm very grateful and will hold you for that offer of help for the new website. Since OpenLedger was the first actual DEX dapp around BitShares and lasted this long, I believe you could contribute in various ways. For now we are under the pressure of first sprint (polish&launch of new bitshares.org), but as soon as initial Chaos is behind i'll reach you out.

Marketing.

I would recommend that you hold for about 15 days with this proposal and get it polished (e.g proper eta on budgets for ads and worker itself).

bitshares.org will run Google Analytics/AdWords and will have small pro-bono paid campaign in USA which will be used as initial traffic boost and rankings. If we could start this as focused/synced campaign, I would be willing to invite you to GA and give you more info that can actually be very useful for your future development and possibly create co-joint worker for proper Marketing Proposal.

Dear Milos, we would be happy to collaborate in the scope of new site implementation. As soon as you are ready, please get in touch with me. In the meanwhile, here is a couple of ideas from us regarding the site update:

- Make sure the site is mobile-friendly.
- Add more “success stories” to the website outlining projects that are currently working on BitShares to show that BitShares is good for businesses.
- Add a Blog section to the website where either BitShares team members or guest authors will be able to publish their use cases, success stories, share news about BitShares and its community. This should help to improve awareness about BitShares.
-SEO:
 -Add metadata on all pages (currently, even the home page misses these elements).
 -Review and re-organize link profile on the website (eliminate broken links, place redirects where needed, etc.).
 -Update info on the BitShares in the most important online directories, catalogs, wiki pages, etc. Right now the info is outdated on many sources.
 - setup and optimize Google analytics(goals tracking, conversions tracking, etc).

Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Yes, marketing!

In the past OpenLedger has advertised with incorrect statements, I would like to propose some kind of review system for anything published. This review should not be about layouting or formatting, but merely about the content facts.

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
Would be good to include DEXBot in any marketing efforts. People will be very interested to learn they can use free decentralised trading software too. It's another good selling point of BitShares and will help to pull in new users.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Dear Bitshares community!

During the last months there were many discussions around the matter, and OpenLedger is happy to offer specific marketing efforts to promote Bitshares magic all over the world.
Originally we were going to offer Bitshares site redesign as well, but at the moment it seems to be addressed by a WP from Milos. We would be happy to participate those efforts, if any help needed, but at the moment I would like to focus on other marketing activities.

Here is what we offer:

1. Paid ads and traffic

OpenLedger team suggests setting up and running two advertising campaigns:

- Display ads campaign on tier 1 blockchain/crypto media sources such as coinmarketcap.com, cryptocompare.com, cointelegraph.com, etc. to attract new users to the platform.
- Remarketing campaign for all bitshares.org visitors to make sure those users see BitShares display ads for the next 90 days after visiting bitshares.org website. This should help to convert visitors into traders more aggressively.

2. Content marketing

OpenLedger proposes to publish a series (5 items) of articles about BitShares platform to cover the following topics:
-BitShares and its advantages for traders
-BitShares and its advantages for businesses
-Stable-coins. Why invest and trade?
-BitShares and its referral program
-BitShares technical overview. Its tech advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.

All the articles should be published on tier 1 blockchain/crypto such as cointelegraph.com, newsbtc.com, ccn.com, etc. The goal is to get maximum exposure in front of the crypto audience and increase BitShares brand awareness.

We would like to know your opinion if this is something the community wants. Any proposals and questions are highly appreciated!

Yuri,

Marketing.

Chee®s

P.S. I would appreciate if Alex (Clockwork) can cast his opinion on this, since he has some great marketing skills and experience that he has been hiding from us (just look at the event organizer skills for Decentralized - its been done in less than a week).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:45:19 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bench

In what timeframe? I think Bitshares needs first some upgrades of UI, core and website, when this happened some extra money on marketing could be spend.
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
Dear Bitshares community!

During the last months there were many discussions around the matter, and OpenLedger is happy to offer specific marketing efforts to promote Bitshares magic all over the world.
Originally we were going to offer Bitshares site redesign as well, but at the moment it seems to be addressed by a WP from Milos. We would be happy to participate those efforts, if any help needed, but at the moment I would like to focus on other marketing activities.

Here is what we offer:

1. Paid ads and traffic

OpenLedger team suggests setting up and running two advertising campaigns:

- Display ads campaign on tier 1 blockchain/crypto media sources such as coinmarketcap.com, cryptocompare.com, cointelegraph.com, etc. to attract new users to the platform.
- Remarketing campaign for all bitshares.org visitors to make sure those users see BitShares display ads for the next 90 days after visiting bitshares.org website. This should help to convert visitors into traders more aggressively.

2. Content marketing

OpenLedger proposes to publish a series (5 items) of articles about BitShares platform to cover the following topics:
-BitShares and its advantages for traders
-BitShares and its advantages for businesses
-Stable-coins. Why invest and trade?
-BitShares and its referral program
-BitShares technical overview. Its tech advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.

All the articles should be published on tier 1 blockchain/crypto such as cointelegraph.com, newsbtc.com, ccn.com, etc. The goal is to get maximum exposure in front of the crypto audience and increase BitShares brand awareness.

We would like to know your opinion if this is something the community wants. Any proposals and questions are highly appreciated!
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger