Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] OpenSource BitShares Mobile SDK (Android/iOS)  (Read 6814 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
The BiTSy android wallet for Bitshares is open source:
https://github.com/Agorise/bitsy-wallet

BiTSy can be downloaded here:
www.BiTSy-wallet.com

BiTSy is a lightweight, minimalist, lightning-fast, merchant-friendly Bitshares mobile wallet with support for over 2000 digital assets, and includes a dynamic, searchable map which shows all of the Bitshares merchants and Tellers. It's written primarily in Kotlin, and is 100% android architecture components (AAC) for stability and speed.

In 2019, capital permitting, we plan to dump the rest of our java and js for good, and moving to Dart lang and Flutter(.io), which enables us to code once and do builds for Android, iOS, Web, and embedded systems.

Hey Ken,

amazing to see this open source! Any chance the readme gets properly filled?

Cheers,
 Stefan

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The BiTSy android wallet for Bitshares is open source:
https://github.com/Agorise/bitsy-wallet

BiTSy can be downloaded here:
www.BiTSy-wallet.com

BiTSy is a lightweight, minimalist, lightning-fast, merchant-friendly Bitshares mobile wallet with support for over 2000 digital assets, and includes a dynamic, searchable map which shows all of the Bitshares merchants and Tellers. It's written primarily in Kotlin, and is 100% android architecture components (AAC) for stability and speed.

In 2019, capital permitting, we plan to dump the rest of our java and js for good, and moving to Dart lang and Flutter(.io), which enables us to code once and do builds for Android, iOS, Web, and embedded systems.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline spark

So I read this proposal, and I read the other mobile proposal(s).

I will not vote for this proposal because the accounting is not transparent enough for me.

Offline btspp

OpenLedger provides ready-to-use open-source mobile apps for Bitshares in the shortest terms, based on the current OL apps. Fabian offers to implement a software development kit (SDK) that simplifies creation of new custom mobile application that uses Bitshares.
I'd like to point out that our proposal comes **WITH** a working mobile wallet as you can see from the pictures.

The point of calling it an SDK is because we want to extend it and raise funds for developing those extensions ..

Hello xeroc
It is convenient to look at this proposal, we believe in terms of time cost and product integrity. This has certain advantages.
In addition, we would like to invite you to join the proposal account multi-sign management. I don't know if you are interested.
Proposal address: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27486.0
Email:contact@btsplusplus.com
Witness:btspp-witness

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
OpenLedger provides ready-to-use open-source mobile apps for Bitshares in the shortest terms, based on the current OL apps. Fabian offers to implement a software development kit (SDK) that simplifies creation of new custom mobile application that uses Bitshares.
I'd like to point out that our proposal comes **WITH** a working mobile wallet as you can see from the pictures.

The point of calling it an SDK is because we want to extend it and raise funds for developing those extensions ..

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
Compared to the BTS price we have enough worker at the moment.

What is the difference from the OL solution?

IMO these two proposals are pretty independent and even may complement each other.
It's like you may either buy a house, repaint it quickly and live in it, or you can buy building blocks and build your own custom house.
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline bench

Compared to the BTS price we have enough worker at the moment.

What is the difference from the OL solution?
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
As the CTO of blockchain projects, I would like to remind every BTS voter that if they
want this open source framework for mobile apps maintained and improving from
status quo, they need to support the worker that funds that work, otherwise, we wll
have to put our efforts into other projects.

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
I think a cooperation between OpenLedger and BlockchainProjects makes a lot of sense. There is plenty of business we could mutually benefit from. As for this worker proposal, I believe it makes only little sense put two entities behind it. Mostly because both architectures have been independently developed and thus surely are vastly different from each other.
Either way, looking forward to see more details from OL.

Here is what we offer, Fabian:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27395.0

Looking forward to your comments!
IMO, both proposals have value and do not conflict, what do you think?
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Basic source code can be found here:
https://github.com/blockchainbv/bitshares-mobile-sdk

Some more work has been done behind the scenes that is not yet available but will be when we feel it is ready.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The worker has now been created on the blockchain and can be voted for 1.14.134
Of course, the worker runs through the BBF and thus has all the usual accounting transparency
https://workers.bitshares.foundation/201811-mobile-sdk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks a lot, Fabian! We were going to come up with a WP to opensource OL mobile app and develop it further, I wonder if we have some overlaps here, maybe we shall collaborate somehow, or shall it be independent initiatives? Do I understand correctly that you propose to use 1 developer for a year to complete the task? Our initiative is much more prompt.
I think a cooperation between OpenLedger and BlockchainProjects makes a lot of sense. There is plenty of business we could mutually benefit from. As for this worker proposal, I believe it makes only little sense put two entities behind it. Mostly because both architectures have been independently developed and thus surely are vastly different from each other.
Either way, looking forward to see more details from OL.

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
Thanks a lot, Fabian! We were going to come up with a WP to opensource OL mobile app and develop it further, I wonder if we have some overlaps here, maybe we shall collaborate somehow, or shall it be independent initiatives? Do I understand correctly that you propose to use 1 developer for a year to complete the task? Our initiative is much more prompt.
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
How does it look like as of now? For example if comparing to OL mobile wallet.
Screenshots can be found here:
https://github.com/bitshares-foundation/bitshares.foundation/tree/master/_workers/2018-10-mobile-sdk
Keep in mind, this is an SDK! that means, an actual app can be customized to whatever is needed

Offline Thom

An interesting approach to provide a framework. It sounds like you are building this SDK to be similar to the ref wallet, in that it is a general purpose SDK for use by any application (i.e. trading, saving [think portfolio], investing, recurring payments...), and by any particular target audience.

This will allow you to avoid dealing with market research or identification of a target audience, leaving those concerns to those who use the SDK to build a wallet with UI / UX tailored to specific needs. That is something we have needed from the start, so very glad to see this.

I like this proposal better than the one to produce only a UI / UX design but no code. The cost is also more favorable.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline yury

• View Profile
    • openledger.info
How does it look like as of now? For example if comparing to OL mobile wallet.
Yury Cherniawsky
OpenLedger

Offline blockchainprojectsbv

• View Profile
We at Blockchain Project B.V. have identified the need for an open source mobile wallet for quite
some time. There are a few apps in existence already. Some of them are in Java and open source,
others are closed-source.

A while ago, we went ahead and made an investment to develop a framework for android/ios phones
to work with the BitShares Platform. We explicitly chose for React Native so that Javascript developers
and/or react developers have it easy to get into app development for BitShares.

At this point, our plan is to Open Source first, and ask for funding of ongoing development (12 months).
The details are provided here:

https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-10-mobile-sdk

Given my involvement and conflicts of interest through my position as proxy and committee member, I would like to
get a discussion about this going BEFORE the worker terms/conditions re frozen and put up for vote on chain.

So, please. Shoot your feedback!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:07:51 am by blockchainprojectsbv »