Main > General Discussion

suggest to disable forcesettlement for bitCNY

(1/11) > >>

zhouxiaobao:

--- Quote from: bitcrab on November 06, 2018, 02:38:38 pm ---if it is impossible to disable force settlement, I think there's only one choice to fix the bug: request that the feed price not lower than market price*96% for CNY, not lower than market price for USD.
[/quote

yes,let's do it.the only one choice.
--- End quote ---

matle85:
One positive is nobody voted 'Don't care' so at least we are all engaged   ;)

matle85:

--- Quote from: Thom on November 13, 2018, 02:44:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: matle85 on November 13, 2018, 02:14:22 pm ---I'm assuming the vote above is just informative - I guess the Committee have the authority make the decision and if they decide they want to put it to a worker vote on chain they do?

--- End quote ---

Sure informative, like CNN or fake news.

Rather than admit the sentiment is against this change, those pushing for it will keep trying to spin inputs until they get what they want, damned be the shareholders and contrary opinions.

--- End quote ---

Well the first vote was No and after it was reset and the new option was set the vote was still No.

Some people I would have expected to be against the change aren't though so Ill spend sometime this weekend doing some background reading to see what I'm missing.

My feeling is that we are still in the midst of a pretty serious stress test for BTS stablecoins as the price of BTS has dropped by 90%. That has meant a lot of us have been hurt pretty badly with our margins (I actually had to largely exit mine on the way down with quite a big loss of my BTS).

We need to take this as an opportunity to fix on something that works - the price will go up again during the next bull run but there will be more hard drops and margin holders exposed. The mechanism we figure out over the coming months should maintain the peg / underlying basis for it being a stablecoin above anything else.

Thom:

--- Quote from: matle85 on November 13, 2018, 02:14:22 pm ---I'm assuming the vote above is just informative - I guess the Committee have the authority make the decision and if they decide they want to put it to a worker vote on chain they do?

--- End quote ---

Sure informative, like CNN or fake news.

Rather than admit the sentiment is against this change, those pushing for it will keep trying to spin inputs until they get what they want, damned be the shareholders and contrary opinions.

xeroc:

--- End quote ---
Correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version