Author Topic: Invested in AGS from Coinbase webwallet  (Read 2933 times)

Offline graffenwalder

When you invest in angelshares, they track the address the funds came from.  With Coinbase, they have all the bitcoins in a big rotating storage system so the address they would have been sent from would not have been attached to your coinbase account.

So yeah, I think you're screwed on that donation.

Hi Adam, are you sure about this ? I recall when i invested, i check the angelshares explorer and my permanent coinbase wallet address showed in the list of donators along with the correct amount i invested.

If its a matter of "im screwed on that donation" well i'm gonna have to talk to bytemaster as that would be unacceptable. I have records of the investment.

I am not sure about this, and if Coinbase has permanent addresses that are attributable to you that might solve things.  Also as you mentioned, if you can positively identify your donation there *should* be a way for invictus to make sure you get your due.

but generally speaking, you'll recover your AGS by importing your wallet.dat that contains the private key to the address you donated from.   I don't know how you can do that with Coinbase, but if you can than no problem.

Yeah i dont think coinbase allows u to import/ export a wallet.dat, so that might be a problem. However, They do give you permanent addresses that are linked to your account forever

I wasn't aware of that aspect, i'm gonna drop Dan an PM and see what he thinks.

Thanks

Coinbase has backups and private keys of your bitcoin address, however they have a policy not to share them. See http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/questions/695389-backup

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
When you invest in angelshares, they track the address the funds came from.  With Coinbase, they have all the bitcoins in a big rotating storage system so the address they would have been sent from would not have been attached to your coinbase account.

Hi Adam, are you sure about this ? I recall when i invested, i check the angelshares explorer and my permanent coinbase wallet address showed in the list of donators along with the correct amount i invested.

If its a matter of "im screwed on that donation" well i'm gonna have to talk to bytemaster as that would be unacceptable. I have records of the investment.

I am not sure about this, and if Coinbase has permanent addresses that are attributable to you that might solve things.  Also as you mentioned, if you can positively identify your donation there *should* be a way for invictus to make sure you get your due.

but generally speaking, you'll recover your AGS by importing your wallet.dat that contains the private key to the address you donated from.   I don't know how you can do that with Coinbase, but if you can than no problem.

Yeah i dont think coinbase allows u to import/ export a wallet.dat, so that might be a problem. However, They do give you permanent addresses that are linked to your account forever

I wasn't aware of that aspect, i'm gonna drop Dan an PM and see what he thinks.

Thanks

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Giga

• View Profile

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Giga

• View Profile
i previously invested from a desktop client wallet, but recently i invested using my Coinbase wallet. But now i read i'm not supposed to use a web wallet ? I kinda missed that part.

Is this an issue ? and if so, how can we fix it. thanks