Author Topic: [worker proposal] - Poll on implementing updated BSIP42 on bitCNY  (Read 17769 times)

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I support reduce MSSR to 2% instead of any complex feed price adjustment(manipulation)

i think this is not the good time to reduce MSSR to 2%,maybe need to wait the market change to well.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I support reduce MSSR to 2% instead of any complex feed price adjustment(manipulation)

Supporting it !

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Even i'm an enemy of BSIP42 at current situation I temporarly support bitcrabs proposal for the good of the community till the bug is fixed to implement the other solution proposed by Stefan or till the MCR recovers.

That is just speculation... Nobody can guarantee they will not eat current margin.

It depends who is buying the margin.People buying margin to increase their stacke will definetly not decrease the price of BTS however giving the opportunity on such a big sell wall for arbitrage it would at current situation automaticly mean that people would buy cheap BTS at DEX to dump it on CEX with a profit which would lead to a price fall and creating bitcny with a 10% (MSSR)premium.

Making sure what bitcrab proposed to always have margin call price under real price feed (hopefully 1,5-2%) is a fair solution.It won't get the margin so quickly eaten but it will also not have a big negativ effect on BTS price on CEX.

What is important and which clockwork also mentioned on another thread is the quick update of the margin call price in a quick downfall so the open margin calls will eat the open buy orders instead of traders taking them away
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:03:07 pm by Thul3 »

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Raising MSSR to 120% is not a good idea, the 110%MSSR is a problem already, raising MSSR can't solve any problems.

The shock therapy in RUSSIA is not what we need now, so we need the updated BSIP42.

It sure can! It will "force" the less collaterized  positions to add more collateral to avoid the "penalty", and it will induce more borrowers to participate to buy cheaper bts from the margin called positions ...

how you think it sure can?! why MSSR is 110% not 120% or 150%? don't think something so simple.

The problem is not the BSIP42, no BSIP42, the bitusd still will be black swan in these sharp fall.

Do you think 120% MSSR will save bitusd? or 150% MSSR will save bitusd?

What happend to BITBTC? 120% or 150% can save BITBTC?  The BITBTC have BSIP42?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:14:00 pm by binggo »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Fractional reserve CNY here we come!

THIS ^^^

Practically it is. And that would be bad publicity for bitshares.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Raising MSSR to 120% is not a good idea, the 110%MSSR is a problem already, raising MSSR can't solve any problems.

The shock therapy in RUSSIA is not what we need now, so we need the updated BSIP42.

It sure can! It will "force" the less collaterized  positions to add more collateral to avoid the "penalty", and it will induce more borrowers to participate to buy cheaper bts from the margin called positions ...

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

how about raising MSSR to 200%, if someone these can solve all the problems?!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:59:15 pm by binggo »

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
What about raising MSSR to 20% and decreasing MCR to 1.50 for start... ?  The market should revive MUCH easier.

PS Or temporary decrease MCR to 1.3 to insta-revive ... am I missing something?

I agree that the MSSR should raised to at least 20% maybe higher so that margin calls are bought more promptly.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
What about raising MSSR to 20% and decreasing MCR to 1.50 for start... ?  The market should revive MUCH easier.

PS Or temporary decrease MCR to 1.3 to insta-revive ... am I missing something?

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
1.price fall continue, bitCNY holders seems to wait for lower price, no big will to eat current margin call orders.

That is just speculation... Nobody can guarantee they will not eat current margin. Actually I personally believe if you let the market free as possible it will happen in no time. Raise MSSR to 20% for start and then you will see how margin will get eaten!

yes, some more margin order will be eaten, and people can buy cheaper BTS in DEX, BTS price in CEX will fall, and then feed price will become lower, more debt position margin called, bitCNY will be in higher premium - this is positive feedback, we have seen similar process before 719 hard fork, unfortunately we now see this again. we have better way to revive the whole ecosystem.

I think the mistake is to force-revive a market in a manipulative way. At least that would think and believe a observer. You already see how the community things about it. In the long term we would loose confidence from investors...  I think the best solution is to let the markets as free as possible and the price feed represent the reality (market price)

BTS price in CEX will fall

How are we so sure? Just from past behaviour ?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
1.price fall continue, bitCNY holders seems to wait for lower price, no big will to eat current margin call orders.

That is just speculation... Nobody can guarantee they will not eat current margin. Actually I personally believe if you let the market free as possible it will happen in no time. Raise MSSR to 20% for start and then you will see how margin will get eaten!

yes, some more margin order will be eaten, and people can buy cheaper BTS in DEX, BTS price in CEX will fall, and then feed price will become lower, more debt position margin called, bitCNY will be in higher premium - this is positive feedback, we have seen similar process before 719 hard fork, unfortunately we now see this again. we have better way to revive the whole ecosystem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:22:49 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com