Author Topic: Several sub-accounts missing in "main wallet account" after restore from .bin  (Read 2627 times)

Offline WoodShares Project

I recently downloaded the BTS wallet client on Win 10 on a new machine, and restored using my .bin file and then set a password. When I regained access to my main account, I checked and saw many, but not all of my sub-accounts. To my understanding, all of these sub-accounts have their keys derived from the brainkey in the main account. Is the .bin file my brainkey?

Later on, without doing anything differently, I suddenly see some of the missing accounts, but then some of the accounts I saw earlier had gone.

Any idea what causes this, and what I can do to fix it?

Hello theSeanster

Let me bother you with one question. When you talk about sub account are you meaning the accounts that a Life Member User pay for? Or are they anything else?
Thanks.
WoodShares: Comunidad Digital, Autónoma y Descentralizada sobre BitShares, dedicada a la Incubación de Proyectos Productivos de Alto Impacto con un enfoque Verde y Social.

Offline theSeanster

• View Profile
Papa's got a brand new bag...

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Connection problem, please try different API nodes.
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline theSeanster

• View Profile
I recently downloaded the BTS wallet client on Win 10 on a new machine, and restored using my .bin file and then set a password. When I regained access to my main account, I checked and saw many, but not all of my sub-accounts. To my understanding, all of these sub-accounts have their keys derived from the brainkey in the main account. Is the .bin file my brainkey?

Later on, without doing anything differently, I suddenly see some of the missing accounts, but then some of the accounts I saw earlier had gone.

Any idea what causes this, and what I can do to fix it?
Papa's got a brand new bag...