Author Topic: Great News for the Industry and Competition  (Read 4145 times)

Offline fuzzy

Comments from PeerShares lead on BitShares: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=527.msg8780#msg8780

Bitshares is promising to develop a wide variety of banking, exchange and securities related functionality. It is a very ambitious project. The scope of Peershare is much more narrow, which makes its completion more practical. So far Bitshare has not detailed how its wide array of functionality will be implemented to the extent that I have detailed the proposed implementation of Peershare.

I would be delighted if they succeeded in their objectives as it would completely transform the crypto economy, multiplying its usefulness many times. I hope they succeed. To date they have only produced a CPU mined proof of work altcoin called Protoshares, which they say represents the value of all the innovations that will be produced by Bitshares by way of a "social contract" according to Daniel Larimer in an interview on Let's Talk Bitcoin. A cynical person might say this narrative is a way to pump their rather ordinary altcoin (promising it will be developed into much more than an ordinary altcoin). A less cynical person might say they are really focused on delivering functionality and that Protoshares provides people a way to buy a stake in its success in just the way that buying a stake in Bitcoin encourages people to develop it further to increase the value of their stake. I hope they are able to deliver but it is also possible that as time passes the consensus that develops will be that this is a scam.

I will remind everyone that I have not asked for people's money or asked them to invest in anything of my creation.

People are very quick to throw out the possibility of scams... well they won't have to wait long to see BitShares X in action which will make PeerShares far less interesting.   

I think it is healthy for the community to be quick about uttering the words "scam", but should be willing to constantly reassess their opinions as a Team of Devs prove themselves to the community.

The current "powers that be" are certainly aware of the blockchain and I am certain they have people working on their own versions of the same technology so they can leverage their already vast wealth in ways to hedge themselves (and their power) against further disruptive innovations.  Creation of a Viral DAC/Dapp/DAO/DAx platforms would be a WONDERFUL way to gain a seed of control over an entire system.

As I see it, ANY cryptoplatform could potentially have bad actors attempting to find ways to "co-opt the movement" so-to-speak.  There are many potential pitfalls so we must always be willing to acknowledge, as a community, these potentials in the case one of them reaches action threshold. 

With that said, although I have been slightly frustrated in the past by the changes in plans by Invictus Innovations' team...as their motives become clearer over time, they have gained more of my respect.  The Devs and community have sacrificed a great deal and have certainly had some pucker moments, but thus far you have worked through it with the intention of helping the community as a whole.  Thanks for that.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:08:29 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

Comments from PeerShares lead on BitShares: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=527.msg8780#msg8780

Bitshares is promising to develop a wide variety of banking, exchange and securities related functionality. It is a very ambitious project. The scope of Peershare is much more narrow, which makes its completion more practical. So far Bitshare has not detailed how its wide array of functionality will be implemented to the extent that I have detailed the proposed implementation of Peershare.

I would be delighted if they succeeded in their objectives as it would completely transform the crypto economy, multiplying its usefulness many times. I hope they succeed. To date they have only produced a CPU mined proof of work altcoin called Protoshares, which they say represents the value of all the innovations that will be produced by Bitshares by way of a "social contract" according to Daniel Larimer in an interview on Let's Talk Bitcoin. A cynical person might say this narrative is a way to pump their rather ordinary altcoin (promising it will be developed into much more than an ordinary altcoin). A less cynical person might say they are really focused on delivering functionality and that Protoshares provides people a way to buy a stake in its success in just the way that buying a stake in Bitcoin encourages people to develop it further to increase the value of their stake. I hope they are able to deliver but it is also possible that as time passes the consensus that develops will be that this is a scam.

I will remind everyone that I have not asked for people's money or asked them to invest in anything of my creation.

People are very quick to throw out the possibility of scams... well they won't have to wait long to see BitShares X in action which will make PeerShares far less interesting.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Interesting but guess they could  just use bitshares :) 
Makes me wonder if 3I  manage to hire any C++ developer now that the project started 3 month ago. In fact It will be cool to know if they mange to hire anyone lately  or if there is a proactive plan to do that anytime soon. Hope that upcoming newsletter  will have some positive news in it.

It might be helpful to incorporate bitshares / I3 discussions more into BTT in order to attract good developers. Something like an active Bitshares Topic, like the NXT thread... What do you think? might be dificult though because all the activity is here now which is a better to organize discussions...
Yes  I think there have been some threads on BTT, but nothing like NXT thread. 
Now that there are 5 developer on the team that is a very good news. Hopefully the buzz about Bitshares is just starting  ;D

Offline oco101

• View Profile

The coming newsletter is amazing, our best yet, and we have about 5 developers lined up.

Actually this is really great news !!! Thank you for the update. :D

Offline bytemaster

Makes me wonder if 3I  manage to hire any C++ developer now that the project started 3 month ago. In fact It will be cool to know if they mange to hire anyone lately  or if there is a proactive plan to do that anytime soon. Hope that upcoming newsletter  will have some positive news in it.

The coming newsletter is amazing, our best yet, and we have about 5 developers lined up.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

It might be helpful to incorporate bitshares / I3 discussions more into BTT in order to attract good developers. Something like an active Bitshares Topic, like the NXT thread... What do you think? might be dificult though because all the activity is here now which is a better to organize discussions...

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
VC "adviced" them to do a public seed later? Mastertrole.

Offline fuzzy

PeerShares looks like it is going to be a beautiful system and the Devs/Community are very respectable.  Something worth looking at found on PeerCoin's Subreddit:  http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1w1wte/peercoin_subproject_peershare_injected_with_500k/

They definitely would fit well in this area...

*Disclosure: I will likely purchase a few PeerShares and have 330 PeerCoin--out of respect for its innovation and community.  And would like to help facilitate growth of the crypto network by covering "Coins", "Shares" and "Communities" I believe in.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:07:37 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D