Author Topic: Social media marketing proposal  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
comrades, alright :) I now see the reason why this project is dying slowly, it is because of the non-acting community  ;). Please move forward with your current ideas and actions. Wish you best of luck.

Regards

Hah, that is the good one. Thanks for another confirmation on your poor research. BitShares blockchain seen highest activity peak in 2018 and continue to battle with it in 2019 as well :)

Good luck with you professional offers.

Locked.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Dinko

• Strive for greatness
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: dinko369
 comrades, alright :) I now see the reason why this project is dying slowly, it is because of the non-acting community  ;). Please move forward with your current ideas and actions. Wish you best of luck.

Regards
“The most unprofitable item ever manufactured is an excuse.”

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
To say the truth i don't like it.

- Professional low-cost graphic designer with impressive portfolio to create visual content for us such as - banners, gifs, advertisements, etc. I have asked such designer for aprox. costs per banner/gif creation - $150. We would need one or two per month.
You call a banner/gif for $150 low cost ?
- Professional all in one marketing platform for generating, managing and nurturing leads. This platform will have integration apps for landing pages,  website popups, social promotions, lead activity tracking, lead management, lead intelligence, marketing automation, email marketing and marketing analytics. Example of some needed integrated apps - Base CRM, Constant Contact/Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, Mad Mini, Survey Monkey, Slack, Lemon Stand, Thankster, PieSync.com and more... Aprox costs per month $800.

Why you need a platform like that which is more expensiv than your marketing experts team.The main criteria should be the team generating highly targeted traffic to the social media accounts which converts into likes,fans,followers etc. .I mean seriously $3600 budget from which maybe just $300 goes to the team which generates traffic and $1000 to paid ads which in best conditions will generate 940 clicks in a month ?I would understand that platform when you would generate a high amount of leads.

- Social media game for attracting more likes. The biggest magnet of all is free giveaways. I give you an example of how I envision it: 1. We post good post with quality content for BitShares and good visuals, under which is written, just an example out of my head now : Like and share this post and be the one out of five to earn 100 BTS. Such marketing tactic usually skyrockets the results. Approximate costs per month - $50.

You wanna get numbers instead of a real audience ?Buy PPT traffic where people will like follow or do anything you like for 0.005 cents.Getting this kind of traffic is nothing diffrent than buying interactions from bot accounts.It has the same value.Only diffrence is that the IP's won't be residential.

- Social media and GoogleAds paid adds ( I explained it in detail in my initial post ) - will assign c.a. $1000 per month budget.
So you explained in your first post that the everage cost per CPC is $1.07 .Of course i guess not crypto targeted and of course not tier 1 countries.
But lets assume you will get even that low rate which means you will get for a $1000 budget 940 clicks per month.
How many of them are going to like the fanpage ?

As I mentioned in my initial post I am working full-time and I must be able to write once per week in my free time during the weekend the content of those ads, control and coordinate the weekly campaigns and results. I will have to summarize the results to this community and post monthly the results publicly. The minimum rate for which I will be managing and executing that work will be $800 per month.
Here is the main problem in my opinion.Content and being up to date is the key point of any good social media account.A week prewritten content is nothing people will check on regular basis as they are looking for news/updates which means the interaction on these social media accounts will be low.
Also in my personal opinion your traffic generating strategy is wrong as social media accounts can be way quicker grown,with very targeted traffic and at a way better cost per action.

100% agree.

To add:

We gave you advice to take a research a bit, and from what you offered, it seems you haven't done any.

Google AdWords for blockchain keywords with budget 1000$ can last maybe a week, if the Ad is setup very poor to not get much visibility.
Social Media - acceptable to invest 100$ weekly in Facebook social promotion, but who owns the authentic account for BitShares ? Where is the landing page ?

On the other hand - Google AdWords will not be run for BitShares.org without Move Institute, BBF and stake-holders approval as long as I breathe this very thin air.

Designer banner 150$ per banner ? We have plenty of highly creative designers around the blockchain through workers. Prices of them are between 35 and 100 $ per hour. In that hour, they can create 3 banners, which I'm sure designer of anyone choice can't compare in a million years.

example of work from Dominic: https://www.behance.net/gallery/71581439/BitShares-community-wallet-WP-brochure-concept

General marketing, focus campaings and newsletter we are already building. Mailchimp has been registered 2 months ago and it's being integrated to bitshares.org this week.

And best what @thul3 said: Content must be on a par with latest starting from website through all social media - where we still failing hard just to reach out to all of those social media false representatives of BitShares to remove a bad impression for ourselves.

And if anyone wants to discuss how to increase BitShares visibility, I suggest we start with requests to google for all those bad backlinks we got from spam and those poor advertisements around.

Guess next time you just do your homework really good, since  Community/Stakeholders seen a lot of "offers" in 5 years of existence and are not petty idiots to be played with.

Chee®s
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:08:27 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
To say the truth i don't like it.

- Professional low-cost graphic designer with impressive portfolio to create visual content for us such as - banners, gifs, advertisements, etc. I have asked such designer for aprox. costs per banner/gif creation - $150. We would need one or two per month.
You call a banner/gif for $150 low cost ?
- Professional all in one marketing platform for generating, managing and nurturing leads. This platform will have integration apps for landing pages,  website popups, social promotions, lead activity tracking, lead management, lead intelligence, marketing automation, email marketing and marketing analytics. Example of some needed integrated apps - Base CRM, Constant Contact/Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, Mad Mini, Survey Monkey, Slack, Lemon Stand, Thankster, PieSync.com and more... Aprox costs per month $800.

Why you need a platform like that which is more expensiv than your marketing experts team.The main criteria should be the team generating highly targeted traffic to the social media accounts which converts into likes,fans,followers etc. .I mean seriously $3600 budget from which maybe just $300 goes to the team which generates traffic and $1000 to paid ads which in best conditions will generate 940 clicks in a month ?I would understand that platform when you would generate a high amount of leads.

- Social media game for attracting more likes. The biggest magnet of all is free giveaways. I give you an example of how I envision it: 1. We post good post with quality content for BitShares and good visuals, under which is written, just an example out of my head now : Like and share this post and be the one out of five to earn 100 BTS. Such marketing tactic usually skyrockets the results. Approximate costs per month - $50.

You wanna get numbers instead of a real audience ?Buy PPT traffic where people will like follow or do anything you like for 0.005 cents.Getting this kind of traffic is nothing diffrent than buying interactions from bot accounts.It has the same value.Only diffrence is that the IP's won't be residential.

- Social media and GoogleAds paid adds ( I explained it in detail in my initial post ) - will assign c.a. $1000 per month budget.
So you explained in your first post that the everage cost per CPC is $1.07 .Of course i guess not crypto targeted and of course not tier 1 countries.
But lets assume you will get even that low rate which means you will get for a $1000 budget 940 clicks per month.
How many of them are going to like the fanpage ?

As I mentioned in my initial post I am working full-time and I must be able to write once per week in my free time during the weekend the content of those ads, control and coordinate the weekly campaigns and results. I will have to summarize the results to this community and post monthly the results publicly. The minimum rate for which I will be managing and executing that work will be $800 per month.
Here is the main problem in my opinion.Content and being up to date is the key point of any good social media account.A week prewritten content is nothing people will check on regular basis as they are looking for news/updates which means the interaction on these social media accounts will be low.
Also in my personal opinion your traffic generating strategy is wrong as social media accounts can be way quicker grown,with very targeted traffic and at a way better cost per action.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:32:50 am by Thul3 »

Offline Dinko

• Strive for greatness
    • View Profile
Hello lads and happy new year! Wish you 2019 to be the year of health, success and enlightenment for everybody in this community.

As discussed I went deeper in this important mission for everybody here. I will try to be short, the time is the most important asset we all have. My worker proposal will focus on the following points for 6 months campaign, after which we will all evaluate the results. I strongly advise if we want to survive in this thriving market to really step up and start acting as professionals. As an example how bad we are at marketing is our Facebook page - 2 000 likes. Guys, my girlriends dog has more likes than BitShares, or even coins above top 200 in CMC. This is not bad, this is tragic. I am ready to do this work since nobody is since 2015. Hurts me really to see where we are. The only aim of the campaign will be the marketing of BitSharеs as blockchain.

For satisfying results I will engage the following points in my campaign:

- Marketing experts outsourced team to run the created complete marketing campaign. Approximate costs will be between $300 and $1000 per month, depending on quality and frequency we will use them.  Will gather some offers and recommendations and post here the offer.

Worker proposal amount is $3600 bitUSD, starting February. The amount may not be final as I need to get offer from marketing company to run the campaigns during the week. This is the lowest budged campaign I can see working as start. When we see success, we will reevaluate the campaign in month six.

If you would like to see this live, please confirm me in this topic so I can engage the graphic designer, daily marketing team and start investing personal time in preparing content. I will also have to read in the forum how to create worker proposal - I have no idea how to do it.

Best wishes to everybody,

Dinko

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Great to see optimism is still there!

Please enjoy Holidays and update this thread whenever you're ready! We're not going anywhere, anytime soon... :)

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Dinko

• Strive for greatness
    • View Profile
Hello Milos and xeroc,

I will re-evaluate my marketing proposal after taking your tips in consideration.  I will switch my focus to BitShares as a blockchain, thank you for guiding me.  You will hear again from me after the Holidays, I am really keen on leaving my mark in elevating this project with my skills.

Wish you a Merry Christmas,

Dinko

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% for doing marketing.

You'll have higher chances of succeeding with a worker proposal if you were asking bitUSD or bitCNY instead of BTS.
Another quite common requirement by proxies is that you have some sort of escrow group for those funds

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Greetings community,

I am Dinko Petrov, department manager in sales with experience in Austrian, German and Bulgarian corporations. I love and use daily our BitShares DEX, I believe strong that we deserve and will be on top some day, we just miss the Human volume and fresh users attraction. I am not a tech savvy but I know the sales and marketing business very good.  Since everybody here knows where our weakest point is, I am here to offer solution and not complain about missing such. It really hurts me to see where we are now and waste the potential of this software gem we have and nobody knows.

The only way to succeed as a DEX is with proper social media + googleAds marketing. We are doing absolutely nothing on this point, cheap youtube videos and sleeping facebook page will do nobody good, actually it has the opposite effect of advertisement. Trust me. People think that this project is asleep.

I propose pushing on the following strategy

We will target people that are in crypto-related facebook groups and fans of competitors  with ads on feed and the right column. Audience targeted age range will be 18-44 .

Combination of Facebook Ads, Twitter, Instagram and GoogleAdWords.  Once a person clicks on our Facebook ad, they’ll be entered into our remarketing funnel. This will create a remarketing audience of BitShares. I will then set up a Remarketing List Search Ads (RLSA) which will keep advertising our DEX to people that already clicked on our add. Using RLSA helps to outbid our competition without wasting too much budget on targeting cold leads. We will only catch the warm leads and keep them "on the hook".

Now let's crunch some numbers: average costs per click(CPC) may vary deeply, but I will give you an estimate with the up mentioned audience. Average Facebook CPC is $1.07 ,average cost for a Promoted tweet is $1.35 per engagement. Instagram newsfeed avg $1.07, Facebook newsfeed ad $0.50. If we want to market an app installation of our DEX, it costs average $5.50 per installation, I guess we will leave the last feature until we have a good iOS working app.

I propose we start with low-budged Worker spending of 5000 BGN for 6 months, which equals 72701 BTS per month atm, starting January. Weekly reports will be made for the community, so you are sure the money are spent well and in place.

I would like to see the feedback about my idea in this thread from the community before creating official Worker proposal. I will remain at your disposal.

Nice to meet you here. It's valuable idea, but I'm afraid we are running marketing efforts towards BitShares as a blockchain and not as a DEX. I'm sure you are aware that on-going pressure from the Governments is not good for anyone. Especially advertising Exchange on AdWords and Facebook without proper trading license and risking at the same time future of entire ecosystem.

I recommend you to read a bit around forums, checkout new https://bitshares.org website and re-focus your offer to different focus from the DEX, then we can discuss it more.

Hope to see more activity from you here.

P.S. We  have active google analytics since a month ago, and trust me - bitshares dex does not have need for any marketing efforts. 60% of visitors on the website from Organic Search are coming under that term to the website, which is completely wrong. BitShares is dPoS blockchain with NativeDEX as one of the available dApps.

Chee®s,

Miloš.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:10:13 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Dinko

• Strive for greatness
    • View Profile
Greetings community,

I am Dinko Petrov, department manager in sales with experience in Austrian, German and Bulgarian corporations. I love and use daily our BitShares DEX, I believe strong that we deserve and will be on top some day, we just miss the Human volume and fresh users attraction. I am not a tech savvy but I know the sales and marketing business very good.  Since everybody here knows where our weakest point is, I am here to offer solution and not complain about missing such. It really hurts me to see where we are now and waste the potential of this software gem we have and nobody knows.

The only way to succeed as a DEX is with proper social media + googleAds marketing. We are doing absolutely nothing on this point, cheap youtube videos and sleeping facebook page will do nobody good, actually it has the opposite effect of advertisement. Trust me. People think that this project is asleep.

I propose pushing on the following strategy

We will target people that are in crypto-related facebook groups and fans of competitors  with ads on feed and the right column. Audience targeted age range will be 18-44 .

Combination of Facebook Ads, Twitter, Instagram and GoogleAdWords.  Once a person clicks on our Facebook ad, they’ll be entered into our remarketing funnel. This will create a remarketing audience of BitShares. I will then set up a Remarketing List Search Ads (RLSA) which will keep advertising our DEX to people that already clicked on our add. Using RLSA helps to outbid our competition without wasting too much budget on targeting cold leads. We will only catch the warm leads and keep them "on the hook".

Now let's crunch some numbers: average costs per click(CPC) may vary deeply, but I will give you an estimate with the up mentioned audience. Average Facebook CPC is $1.07 ,average cost for a Promoted tweet is $1.35 per engagement. Instagram newsfeed avg $1.07, Facebook newsfeed ad $0.50. If we want to market an app installation of our DEX, it costs average $5.50 per installation, I guess we will leave the last feature until we have a good iOS working app.

I propose we start with low-budged Worker spending of 5000 BGN for 6 months, which equals 72701 BTS per month atm, starting January. Weekly reports will be made for the community, so you are sure the money are spent well and in place.

I would like to see the feedback about my idea in this thread from the community before creating official Worker proposal. I will remain at your disposal.