telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
See. I told you guys this was good idea, lol. #thedao

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
So if I post my entire business plan, and allocate 20% and keep 80% someone can take my business plan (clone it) and offer a bigger stake and run with my plan?

It is open source software, you cannot stop them except through network effect, social pressure, and perhaps software licenses.

a lot of very interesting stuff going on here, I want to see if I can summarize:

Regarding legal requirement to provide PTS/AGS shares:
1) If someone offers DAC shares that are derivatives of I3 software, they are legally required to allocate at least 20% to PTS/AGS
2) Else if someone offers DAC shares that are completely independent of any I3 software platform, they can do whatever they want regarding allocation.

Regarding I3 support:
1) If someone offers DAC shares that are at least 20% allocated to PTS/AGS holders, regardless of whether it is derivative software, they are possibly eligible for lots of free support from I3.

I love the theoretical "game" I3 created!
I'm starting a DAC, I need to choose allocation. If I choose > 20% to PTS/AGS, I get (a) a free (beer and speech) license to a highly polished and proven code base, (b) free advertising, and (c) free expert consulting and guidance. If I choose 0% PTS/AGS, I get nothing.

This is a big deal, I didn't get that until now. Nice job bytemaster/stan/whomever created that. It's very complimentary to the SCSL. Excellent carrot and stick approach!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:17:10 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Watson a few years from now, perhaps  8)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I have no idea, but my suggestion so far is the following: Build a DAC that allows people, say John, to invest in stocks while allowing other people to invest in John.

John will be one of several VCs with a following. Why do people invest in John? Because they trust Johns judgement more than their own, or don't have time/skills to go into details on each investment. Why does John help people invest? To get more capital on each investment.

Got it, thanks.

I'd rather put my trust in a script than in John.

awesome, create a script and place it in the same market as John and let them compete. that would be really really cool
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I have no idea, but my suggestion so far is the following: Build a DAC that allows people, say John, to invest in stocks while allowing other people to invest in John.

John will be one of several VCs with a following. Why do people invest in John? Because they trust Johns judgement more than their own, or don't have time/skills to go into details on each investment. Why does John help people invest? To get more capital on each investment.

Got it, thanks.

I'd rather put my trust in a script than in John.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I think there is a BIG difference between open source software and an open business plan. If I were to ever divulge my business plan I would never expect those I entrusted it to to then use it against me in a bidding war with a competitor. Anyone have some wallet keys with lots of Bitcoin in it to send me? I won't tell anyone, I promise.

We need to distinguish between a Developer’s Business Plan and a DAC’s Business Model.  No reason you can’t keep your company’s business plan confidential, although if you want to attract investors you will of course need to share it with them.  On the other hand, a DAC’s Business Model (how it makes money) must necessarily be public.  It is why people want to own shares in your DAC!

This thread has asked and answered lots of great questions.   The answers and advice posted here are fragments of a more general set of Natural Laws we have observed. I have attempted to summarize these observations in this new topic:  The Ten Natural Laws of the Crypto Universe.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.0
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I think there is a BIG difference between open source software and an open business plan. If I were to ever divulge my business plan I would never expect those I entrusted it to to then use it against me in a bidding war with a competitor. Anyone have some wallet keys with lots of Bitcoin in it to send me? I won't tell anyone, I promise.

We need to distinguish between a Developer’s Business Plan and a DAC’s Business Model.  No reason you can’t keep your company’s business plan confidential, although if you want to attract investors you will of course need to share it with them.  On the other hand, a DAC’s Business Model (how it makes money) must necessarily be public.  It is why people want to own shares in your DAC!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bungeebones

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

So if I post my entire business plan, and allocate 20% and keep 80% someone can take my business plan (clone it) and offer a bigger stake and run with my plan?

It is open source software, you cannot stop them except through network effect, social pressure, and perhaps software licenses.

Who is the "them", the  AGS / PTS holders? If I posted with the allotments I said and then someone comes in behind with a better offer the  AGS / PTS holders will go with the higher offer?

AGS/PTS holders will have a piece of both, but the support, investment and involvement will probably flow towards the one with the better ROI opportunity, the other one may fizzle out.

Offline bungeebones

• View Profile

Who is the "them", the  AGS / PTS holders? If I posted with the allotments I said and then someone comes in behind with a better offer the  AGS / PTS holders will go with the higher offer?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bungeebones

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

if you put in bold that you allocate 20% to their AGS/PTS

Who is "their"? Who am I allocating to? Invictus? Those that contribute services?

To the AGS / PTS holders.   You also should identify why 80% is going somewhere else because if you allocate 80% to yourself without solid justification you risk being cloned by someone who will allocate 50/50 to AGS/PTS holders.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bungeebones

• View Profile
if you put in bold that you allocate 20% to their AGS/PTS

Who is "their"? Who am I allocating to? Invictus? Those that contribute services?