Author Topic: Why no public announcement from witnesses who changed MSSR to 105% on bitcny ?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I didn't questioned the voting but the execution from witnesses without informing the community.
There should be at least a 48h prior info on changing the MSSR from all witnesses so traders and other people have time to adjust if needed.

Letting them jump into cold water is not something i consider being trustful and trusting an exchange is a key point for any trader.

How I understand things around here (maybe im wrong), there has never been prior info to anything apart from software updates (e.g pre-scheduled releases of core and ui). Half of the witnesses is not even active on forums, and some who are active did post announcement.

Example: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26459.msg326778#msg326778

Now, i agree with your concern, but problem is quite more complicated than that. Consensus says that workers needs to be executed when active and if not defined in worker itself (e.g. After activation witnesses will update price feed within 48 hours), then witnesses are free to update their feeds in any reasonable amount of time and without any publication.

Another problem is, that if they haven't updated MSSR upon activation, probably half of them would be voted out by bitcrab, so they didn't had much choice.

I hope this clear more the entire process, you do have a strong point but in delegated proof of stake, where we all chase each other to delegate just an information, what you request is pretty much impossible without proper worker before any update (specific instructions, dates, releases, etc per execution).

Chee®s
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:04:22 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I didn't questioned the voting but the execution from witnesses without informing the community.
There should be at least a 48h prior info on changing the MSSR from all witnesses so traders and other people have time to adjust if needed.

Letting them jump into cold water is not something i consider being trustful and trusting an exchange is a key point for any trader.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I don't think this complaints is reasonable.

we have gone through the process from bsip drafting to bsip voting to implementation.

maybe I played a key role in the whole process, but even I do not know the exact time that MSSR change from 1.1 to 1.05.

I drafted the bsip and open the voting worker proposal.

as a proxy, I vote the bsip.

when the voting passed, i reminded the witnesses to change.

but should/can I give a time and request all the witnesses to change at that time?

I don't think this is necessary or very feasible.

if you run trade bots and the MSSR is important to your trading, you need to always get MSSR before trading.

now if more voting power oppose to reduce MSSR than support it, then theoretically witnesses can change the result just according to the voting result.

this is decentralization.

Agree with bitcrab on this one. BSIP was written and voted in yesterday, hence all witnesses started producing feed. Witnesses who are not producing feed are either on Holiday with families either busy, and will tend to it asap.

Try to enjoy Holidays and face reality that bitUSD is under blackswan and entire markets are quite hard for trading on the blockchain.

Happy New Year.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I don't think this complaints is reasonable.

we have gone through the process from bsip drafting to bsip voting to implementation.

maybe I played a key role in the whole process, but even I do not know the exact time that MSSR change from 1.1 to 1.05.

I drafted the bsip and open the voting worker proposal.

as a proxy, I vote the bsip.

when the voting passed, i reminded the witnesses to change.

but should/can I give a time and request all the witnesses to change at that time?

I don't think this is necessary or very feasible.

if you run trade bots and the MSSR is important to your trading, you need to always get MSSR before trading.

now if more voting power oppose to reduce MSSR than support it, then theoretically witnesses can change the result just according to the voting result.

this is decentralization.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline armin

• View Profile
yes it is very bad now, so difficult to trade properly in this environment

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Why is there no public announcement from witnesses beside bitcrab that they changed their MSSR to 105% on bitcny.

Only ones who didn't changed MSSR are verbaltech2,clockwork and elmato.

You gave no date or time for people to adjust the MSSR.
Their bots are still feeding MSSR 1.1 which means that no margins are being eaten again in the downtrend.

Why are there no public announcement from witnesses about these major changes ?
You treat the community and expecially traders like your toys which is not acceptable.Most of the witnesses are doing a bad job when it comes to keep the community informed about their actions.

Why are you changing paramenters without even giving the possibility for traders to adjust on these changes by informing them about the major changes and its implemantation dates ?

Jumping from one setting to another setting without proper announcement is not something which brings confidence to traders on DEX.
I wish some witnesses would have some more backbones instead of doing minimalism just to stay a witness.
agree

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Why is there no public announcement from witnesses beside bitcrab that they changed their MSSR to 105% on bitcny.

Only ones who didn't changed MSSR are verbaltech2,clockwork and elmato.

You gave no date or time for people to adjust the MSSR.
Their bots are still feeding MSSR 1.1 which means that no margins are being eaten again in the downtrend.

Why are there no public announcements from witnesses about these major changes ?
You treat the community and expecially traders like your toys which is not acceptable.Most of the witnesses are doing a bad job when it comes to keep the community informed about their actions.

Why are you changing paramenters without even giving the possibility for traders to adjust on these changes by informing them about the major changes and its implemantation dates ?

Jumping from one setting to another setting without proper announcement is not something which brings confidence to traders on DEX.
I wish some witnesses would have some more backbones instead of doing minimalism just to stay a witness.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:37:49 am by Thul3 »