Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Worker] Reference faucet via BitShares.eu

(1/6) > >>

xeroc:

--- Quote from: abit on December 05, 2019, 09:24:24 pm ---Just noticed that you're not voting for the worker either.

--- End quote ---
I should :D

--- Quote ---Just saying, if it became a for-profit service, it's no longer appropriate to be the only faucet listed in the "official" web wallet. Also, in that case, please use another account. IMO the community has the right to deal with future referral income accumulated to the account, that said, the account's owner authorities should contain only committee-account if not yet configured like so.

--- End quote ---
I'll leave that to the committee to change.

The underlying accounts will surely have to change.

sschiessl:

--- Quote from: abit on December 09, 2019, 01:31:13 am ---
--- Quote from: sschiessl on December 06, 2019, 10:41:43 am ---The reference faucet account is exclusively committee-owned (onboarding.bitshares.foundation).

--- End quote ---
No, there is a key in the owner authorities.

--- Code: --->>> get_account onboarding.bitshares.foundation                                                                                                        {
  "id": "1.2.450921",
  "name": "onboarding.bitshares.foundation",
  "owner": {
    "weight_threshold": 1,
    "account_auths": [[
        "1.2.0",
      ]
    ],
    "key_auths": [[
        "BTS6btTaW67ix1BnUwZ868CFi9X2qyhFPjFcBxVnCrTBcCJLDeS2D",
      ]
    ],
    "address_auths": []
  },

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Ah ... I must have accidently mixed up the accounts (I was both checking workers.bitshares.foundation and the onboarding account ...)

abit:

--- Quote from: sschiessl on December 06, 2019, 10:41:43 am ---The reference faucet account is exclusively committee-owned (onboarding.bitshares.foundation).

--- End quote ---
No, there is a key in the owner authorities.

--- Code: --->>> get_account onboarding.bitshares.foundation                                                                                                        {
  "id": "1.2.450921",
  "name": "onboarding.bitshares.foundation",
  "owner": {
    "weight_threshold": 1,
    "account_auths": [[
        "1.2.0",
      ]
    ],
    "key_auths": [[
        "BTS6btTaW67ix1BnUwZ868CFi9X2qyhFPjFcBxVnCrTBcCJLDeS2D",
      ]
    ],
    "address_auths": []
  },

--- End code ---

sschiessl:

--- Quote from: abit on December 05, 2019, 09:24:24 pm ---Just noticed that you're not voting for the worker either.

--- End quote ---

He should :)

--- Quote from: abit on December 05, 2019, 09:24:24 pm ---Just saying, if it became a for-profit service, it's no longer appropriate to be the only faucet listed in the "official" web wallet. Also, in that case, please use another account. IMO the community has the right to deal with future referral income accumulated to the account, that said, the account's owner authorities should contain only committee-account if not yet configured like so.

--- End quote ---

There exists already precedence in the matter. The referral rewards were not considered important enough to be turned over to the community for other community funded projects, even though the numbers there were significant. The reference faucet account is exclusively committee-owned (onboarding.bitshares.foundation). I'd like to mention that a for-profit service would then build a budget for the BBF, which is a non-profit entity that dedicates all resources to the support and benefit of the BitShares Blockchain. Details on how to transition away from a worker funded faucet are still tbd.

In conclusion, best would be to keep the reference faucet funded and running for the benefit of the community. See this now as a poll to the community which direction it should go to.

abit:

--- Quote from: xeroc on December 04, 2019, 10:52:49 am ---Resurrecting this old thread as the reference faucet is currently not approved.

As of today, the reference faucet worker is not approved. This is not a big deal as the worker has some funds left to (probably) pay for the rest of its runtime (end of January 2020).
However, the fact that one of the only profitable workers is not approved by the community makes me question if the community appreciates this service and whether it is worthwhile
setting up another worker to fund expenses after January 2020.

Currently, the worker has a balance of >160k BTS and >12k bitCNY with >9k BTS, >2k bitCNY, >100bitUSD and a couple other assets still in vesting balances (others have been burned in the past).
These numbers stand against the costs of  280€/month.

I'll leave the decision to the shareholders if it is worth setting up a new worker to have these profits directed to the community (by burning).
Please express your opinion by approving the existing worker. In case it is not approved by January 2020, I read that the community no longer
prefers to pay for the service so that a subsequent worker is meaningless.

In case the community does not appreciate this service, I will request the BBF to continue operating the reference faucet as a for-profit service and have expenses paid from those profits.
The use of left over funds will be at the discretion of BBF.

Disclaimer: I do **NOT** talk for the BBF but deal with operations of the reference faucet as well as the corresponding worker.

--- End quote ---
Just noticed that you're not voting for the worker either.

Just saying, if it became a for-profit service, it's no longer appropriate to be the only faucet listed in the "official" web wallet. Also, in that case, please use another account. IMO the community has the right to deal with future referral income accumulated to the account, that said, the account's owner authorities should contain only committee-account if not yet configured like so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version