Main > Technical Support

Account Hijacked

(1/6) > >>

chigbolu:

--- Quote from: tsuratsura-3557 on July 12, 2019, 03:04:13 am ---I am sorry to hear that you lost all cryptos.
Same with me too. Back then, total value was around $300,000. How did manage to cope after this loss?
Very disappointing.

All the best

--- End quote ---

tsuratsura-3557:
I am sorry to hear that you lost all cryptos.
Same with me too. Back then, total value was around $300,000.
Very disappointing.

All the best

wdfh:

--- Quote from: armin on February 28, 2019, 04:35:03 pm ---No actually this accident can happen to anyone, the proposal is right there on the UI to accept and an uninformed / fatigued user will make the same mistake

--- End quote ---

It happened to me on Saturday... I have been using crypto since 2012 and have had a BTS account for many years. I was on OL and had just sent myself a small transfer to a phone wallet, but it was taking longer than usual. So, I checked back to my OL account and saw this new tab "proposal" with pending, I thought oh that's OL checking to make sure I want to send my funds, I even saw Openledger in the name, turns out it was openledger-delagate and a scammer. I checked back an hour later and my account balance was zero... I had been drained of 1.7 BTC converted to 300,000 BTS.

If anyone wants to take a look they can see my account name at kurtduncan

I have asked Openledger if they can refund in a goodwill gesture, but have not heard anything back.

This sort of thing should be switched off by default. I now have no crypto  :-[

vod:
McAfee's risk category - PUPs - Acronym for potentially unwanted program. PUP or PUPs is a term used to describe unwanted programs such as Trojans, spyware and adware, along with other malware which may compromise your privacy.
I would like to know if BitShares are doing something to resolve it.

sschiessl:
 I saw that too...  Did McAfee show any details as to why the warning?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version