Author Topic: [pyBitShares] Release 0.3.0  (Read 2715 times)

Offline jackingyang

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bts0207
Hello everyone,

just so you guys don't miss it, python-bitshares version 0.3.0 has just been tagged.
This release took quite some efforts as it lays out the foundation to share more code with other blockchain.
Additionally, new operations (including HTLC) have been added and (shitton of) bugs found by the community
have been resolved.

At this stage, I would like to discuss with the community, how to continue with this project as I cannot promise to find
the time to work on this as actively as I would like to. Should we go for a bounty based development setup (funded by
a worker), or rather look for funding from existing projects that use pybitshares (like dexbot) and have their team
also work on pybitshares more actively?

Ultimately, I would very much love to see this grow (even more) into a community project with more contributions
being merged in. As you can see from (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bitshares/python-bitshares/master/AUTHORS),
there are already some 20 contributors in the repo. Let's make this 40, please!
Founded by worker is the best choice,i think. You are  my idol,by the way.

Offline doug

I upgraded my pybitshares package and that corrected the problem.

Offline doug

I have had some working code (coded in pybitshares) that recently encountered errors. I did not change the code so I was wondering if some pybitshares code changes was the cause of the new errors?

Here is a small snippet of code that illustrates the problem:

from pprint import pprint
from bitshares.account import Account
from bitshares.market import Market

#This code works fine...
marketObj = Market("OPEN.EOS:BTS")
t = marketObj.ticker()
print(t)
#Below generates an error (same code, different market parameter):
marketObj = Market("OPEN.EOSDAC:BTS")
t = marketObj.ticker()
print(t)

when I execute this code the result is:
python3 bug_report.py

{'latest': 79.72939583253 BTS/OPEN.EOS, 'core_exchange_rate': 66.11000000000 BTS/OPEN.EOS, 'quoteVolume': 450.907329 OPEN.EOS, 'lowestAsk': 81.46565644572 BTS/OPEN.EOS, 'highestBid': 79.72939583253 BTS/OPEN.EOS, 'percentChange': 6.97, 'baseVolume': 35,861.43141 BTS}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bug_report.py", line 11, in <module>
    t = marketObj.ticker()
  File "/home/plview/HUG/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bitshares/market.py", line 174, in ticker
    data["percentChange"] = float(ticker["percent_change"])
ValueError: could not convert string to float:

Any ideas on what is causing this? Or how to correct it?

Offline iamredbar

Python-BitShares has been a huge help to me with my programming ventures, I would absolutely support a worker that would develop it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hello everyone,

just so you guys don't miss it, python-bitshares version 0.3.0 has just been tagged.
This release took quite some efforts as it lays out the foundation to share more code with other blockchain.
Additionally, new operations (including HTLC) have been added and (shitton of) bugs found by the community
have been resolved.

At this stage, I would like to discuss with the community, how to continue with this project as I cannot promise to find
the time to work on this as actively as I would like to. Should we go for a bounty based development setup (funded by
a worker), or rather look for funding from existing projects that use pybitshares (like dexbot) and have their team
also work on pybitshares more actively?

Ultimately, I would very much love to see this grow (even more) into a community project with more contributions
being merged in. As you can see from (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bitshares/python-bitshares/master/AUTHORS),
there are already some 20 contributors in the repo. Let's make this 40, please!