Author Topic: Should I sweep all my PTS into a single address for easy redemption in new DACs  (Read 3154 times)

Offline bytemaster

Are you implying you have more than one PTS wallet? Or are you talking about multiple addresses that belong to the same wallet?

If you are talking about single wallet, then just don't bother merging to single address. You will be able to claim all your BTS with your wallet file.

If multiple wallet files are is the case, that beats me. I did not see a official announcement about that.

The instructions will be as simple as "importwallet PATH_TO_WALLET"

So the steps to combine wallets pre-snapshot are probably more complex that the steps required to import multiple wallets.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lakerta06

Are you implying you have more than one PTS wallet? Or are you talking about multiple addresses that belong to the same wallet?

If you are talking about single wallet, then just don't bother merging to single address. You will be able to claim all your BTS with your wallet file.

If multiple wallet files are is the case, that beats me. I did not see a official announcement about that.

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
When MemoryCoin was launched, all PTS holders could claim a certain amount of pre-mined MMC by importing their PTS private keys into the MMC wallet software.

Assuming I got that part right, this makes me a little curious how I should plan for new DAC launches if I have lots of PTS addresses.

If I've accumulated a certain amount of PTS across multiple addresses, would I need to export each private key into the wallet for each new PTS-honoring DAC that I wanted to claim my stake in?  Or is there a fast way to bulk-import multiple addresses?  Or am I misunderstanding how the process works?