Author Topic: Introduce CEX in governance?  (Read 8038 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
CEXs do not have BitShares best interest at heart (they are competitors after all)
They do not follow our governance and have no idea what is going on in the ecosystem

Thus  their voting would be totally biased and uninformed.

Then you say that "Don't worry, I'll tell them what to vote". How is that different than them setting you as proxy and being back at square one regarding centralisation of voting?

And that's not an attack at yourself. I trust your intentions regarding the wellbeing of BTS greatly. Still, it just promotes further centralisation.

I'd rather have us all work towards getting more people involved and voting instead to fix this.

And here it goes.
ZB now also voting committee members.Of course the trio bitcrab,jademont and abit .
How often have i heard these names as trio ?

Of course they used now also the votes to add bitcrab additional votes as witness.

A nice trojan horse of bitcrab again to increase his voting power by
"Don't worry, I'll tell them what to vote". How is that different than them setting you as proxy and being back at square one regarding centralisation of voting?"

Based on that i will remove my voting on these members as committee as i see that voting as unfair.The same goes with witness gdex-witness (which caused now by the way that a 110 million stake  is voting to have only 2 witnesses in total ,showing how much "they" understand about the voting system of bitshares)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:11:58 pm by Thul3 »

Offline R

• View Profile
No thanks. CEX shouldn't vote with the funds users deposit onto their system. If they want to be more involved then they should create their own gateway on the BTS DEX.

Offline Valera Cogut

In fact I have wait a long time to give part of my vote power to another one who is trusted, but I can't find it from the top proxy currently.
If you are interesting to be the proxy, give me the account name, I'm glad to set you as my proxy.

Make me your proxy if you wish and vote for me as committee member please, my account is: valera-committee

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27797.0

Thank you !
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:06:17 am by Valera Cogut »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think it's a good thing for BTS if any CEX want to participate community more deeply, they can really care about BTS community.
And it's acceptable for me any CEX can vote, only when they have a clearly notification to each BTS trader, something like: "I will vote with your shares, if you don't agree my choise, don't trade in my exchange."
it's a cheating if they didn't mention clearly.

what I really care about is not who vote, but if these share owners who involved the vote have their own brain.
It's a bad thing if the CEX's customers give their vote power to CEX but without their own brain. they didn't care about what they vote.
Just as bad as sometimes some proxy said " I didn't known how it work, but I trust xxx, so I voted".
It's acceptable for me anybody can make any mistake because of knowledge limit. but it's not acceptable for me that all others support the mistake without brain.

I saw zb have already involved the vote, wish they will really help BTS growth, and give a clear notification about vote in the website.

I agree with this sentiment. New players can be beneficial. The only addition that I would see is "communications and activity with the community".
Communications because every idea (like BSIP42) needs to be discussed, formed, modified and those that vote should establish an opinion about what they are voting for (or not voting for)
Activity because it would hurt the ecosystem if a voter voted for a stale witness and doesn't take the time to correct their votes.

Other then that, I am curious to see how this plays out long term.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I think they should declare that only those BTS owner who give out the vote power can get airdrop.

Actually they do mention this explicitly in their terms. You have to actually read them to see it of course. :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
and I saw beos began to vote
I think they should declare that only those BTS owner who give out the vote power can get airdrop.
or it is a cheating, it's STANEOS instead of BEOS

I think it's a good thing for BTS if any CEX want to participate community more deeply, they can really care about BTS community.
And it's acceptable for me any CEX can vote, only when they have a clearly notification to each BTS trader, something like: "I will vote with your shares, if you don't agree my choise, don't trade in my exchange."

what I really care about is not who vote, but if these share owners who involved the vote have their own brain.
It's a bad thing if the CEX's customers give their vote power to CEX but without their own brain. they didn't care about what they vote.
Just as bad as sometimes some proxy said " I didn't known how it work, but I trust xxx, so I voted".
the lesson we  should earned from BSIP42 is not why BSIP42 failed, but why BSIP42 is approved.
It's acceptable for me anybody can make any mistake because of knowledge limit. but it's not acceptable for me that all others support the mistake without brain.

I saw zb have already involved the vote, wish they will really help BTS growth, and give a clear notification about vote in the website.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

the lesson we  should learned from BSIP42 is not why BSIP42 failed, but why BSIP42 is approved.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 01:03:17 am by alt »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
First CEX entered as Proxy and applying for witness using their members deposit for voting..Already voted for major parameters on bitshares.

I won't support those CEX as they don't have BTS which where delegeted to CEX as their proxies and i also don't consider them as bitshares community.
I do not wish that any exchange where i got my own BTS deposited uses them to make votings with them without my consent or which are against my belives.

@bitcrab you just opened the pandoras box where soon CEX will decide nearly about everything since communities vote won't matter anymore.That is not a decentralised solution at all and very unethical.

Then you say that "Don't worry, I'll tell them what to vote". How is that different than them setting you as proxy and being back at square one regarding centralisation of voting?

And that's not an attack at yourself. I trust your intentions regarding the wellbeing of BTS greatly. Still, it just promotes further centralisation.

@bitcrab what final benefit do you want to achieve getting CEX involved on bitshares which makes basicly communities voting power worthless?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:15:57 pm by Thul3 »

Offline jackingyang

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bts0207
Baozi's votes have shrunk

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
If compare to EOS, Bitshares witness pay not attractive enough for CEX to come in and vote for worker proposal actively.

Bitfinex Rank 7 - Earn 722 EOS Daily

suppose BTS price go up to above 10 CNY, will the reward be attractive enough?

if still not, how about 20CNY?

I am not joking, if we want bitCNY be a wildly used stable coin, we need enough supply, and need enough high BTS price.

target CR, GS protection, MSSR reduction, MCR reduction, close short, if we are satified with the current BTS price and bitCNY adoption domain, why we do or plan to do these?

definitely the witness reward will be attractive, and CEX will come.

Bitshares is public blockchain, we cannot say "you are not allowed to vote".

so it will be better to introduce them earlier.

CEX and DEX can not only compete, but also cooperate.

huobi and Bitfinex both develop DEX on EOS, we need not to isolate ourselves.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
If compare to EOS, Bitshares witness pay not attractive enough for CEX to come in and vote for worker proposal actively.

Bitfinex Rank 7 - Earn 722 EOS Daily
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I think the CEX can set the proxy to a multi-signature account which was controlled by all the committees.

this maybe make the voting power go to banlance again.

how about that?

but I don't think CEX would like to do so.

they would like to get their interest, for example, they may want to have their own witness voted up.

I don't think they will vote with bias, actually normally they may do not vote at all, they will only vote when they are told the necessity and they understand well.

actually there are some fans of Bitshares among CEX bosses.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
I think the CEX can set the proxy to a multi-signature account which was controlled by all the committees.

this maybe make the voting power go to banlance again.

how about that?

That would only work if the committee-account started voting and became a proxy. With the power of CEX votes behind it, the committee members could pretty much vote themselves in for life.

Not a good idea. Solves one problem but introduces another.....Unless we could modify consensus to NOT allow committee-account to vote on committee members.

If that was the case then yes, essentially CEX stake is controlled by the committee which is controlled by the rest of the voting stake thus making it fairer. But we can't allow committee-account to vote for committee under any circumstances.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
It's a bad idea to introduce cex. I hope you can communicate with bitcrab and work together to solve the problem.
I doubt the majority of stack holders would ever allow cex to get free voting rights.

Offline jackingyang

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bts0207
You are aware that it was your past actions (to get things done your way) which created the whale bhaozi and made tons of people leave bitshares?
yes, it's BSIP18 and BSIP42 make me the whales.
And I have warnning many times, these two changes are totally unreasonable.
I close BTSBots because of BSIP18 which make SILVER's price 3 times.
I got many profit from these two BSIP just prove the system mistake.
Would it even be possible ?Alt could split his voting power to diffrent accounts or even diffrent people supporting his views and they would instantly get top proxies.
In fact I have wait a long time to give part of my vote power to another one who is trusted, but I can't find it from the top proxy currently.
If you are interesting to be the proxy, give me the account name, I'm glad to set you as my proxy.
It's a bad idea to introduce cex. I hope you can communicate with bitcrab and work together to solve the problem.