Author Topic: McAfee warns that wallet.bitshares.org is risky - PUPs  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
The wallet is a javscript application (like facebook). It is open source and can be reviewed on github (it is even hosted on github).
Unlcear to me why any virus scanner would complain.

Installer is not from verified source, its normal warning if not from anti-virus then Microsoft Defender will pop the warning that unknown publisher is attempting to install software and you'll have to give administrator privilege in order to continue...

Yeah, we don't have proper license on our software, since we are community with no owner (dpos), but as long as you downloaded the software from our official github for UI, you have no reason to doubt it for a second.

Just ignore the warning and continue.

CheeĀ®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The wallet is a javscript application (like facebook). It is open source and can be reviewed on github (it is even hosted on github).
Unlcear to me why any virus scanner would complain.

Offline vod

• View Profile
McAfee's risk category - PUPs - Acronym for potentially unwanted program. PUP or PUPs is a term used to describe unwanted programs such as Trojans, spyware and adware, along with other malware which may compromise your privacy.
I would like to know if BitShares are doing something to resolve it.

Offline vod

• View Profile
McAfee warns that wallet.bitshares.org is risky - PUPs - this warning started on 4/18/19.   Any comments?