Author Topic: [Worker] Integration of BTS with Wirex  (Read 968 times)

Offline sschiessl

Re: [Worker] Integration of BTS with Wirex
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 06:43:57 am »
can you provide the information about:
1. how many money did other community like Bitcoin Litecoin, dai etc pay for the listing?

For all cases I could find that information is locked down with NDAs.

2. how many real users did people use Bitcoin in wirex? LItecoin? Dai?
because I just searched that users need to pay 3% fees when use crypto current desposit fund. I doubt this could be accept by most people.

We are working some numbers for that, and will publish them as soon as we have any.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 06:56:38 am »
can you provide the information about:
1. how many money did other community like Bitcoin Litecoin, dai etc pay for the listing?
2. how many real users did people use Bitcoin in wirex? LItecoin? Dai?
because I just searched that users need to pay 3% fees when use crypto current desposit fund. I doubt this could be accept by most people.
1. In short, we don't know. What can be told is that the price offered to the community is significantly less than what the initial offer was due to weeks-long negotiations
2. I do not know. The point is, if the community choses not to be listed, it will be 0 - exactly 0. How long it will take for the market to accept the wirex card and users to use it for BTS - that's something only the market can decide. That's also why there are no promises made, it's a simple listing on a credit card provider. People are free to use it, or not.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:39 pm »
I can only say that Chinese people maybe got used to "free" stuff with hidden costs, western people may (or may not) be more familiar with products with explicit listed fees. So this proposal is mostly for the west (so there are KYC requirements and etc).

The key to success: find out the target user group, and market to them accordingly. Both are important. For example, marketing cheap goods to rich people will likely fail.
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 12:26:15 am »
I will not support this worker until can get more data analize about how much value this could give us.
there are no reason to pay for listing in a nobody use service, such as all fake volume exchange.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 08:03:16 am »
I will not support this worker until can get more data analize about how much value this could give us.
there are no reason to pay for listing in a nobody use service, such as all fake volume exchange.
I doubt that "no body use" is a fair assessment for wirex, but i also do not yet have material at hand to prove otherwise.

Thanks for looking into the worker and providing your opinion.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
  • GitHub: grctest
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 05:50:14 pm »
Just verified and ordered my wirex card, ordering anything online with a debit card & a crypto balance is pretty cool.

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
  • GitHub: grctest
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 02:41:31 pm »
If we go ahead with this WP, will subsequent integrations (bitUSD, bitEUR, ..) cost just as much? Or do you think we can get a discount? Got my card in the mail 👌

Offline sschiessl

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 06:43:14 pm »
If we go ahead with this WP, will subsequent integrations (bitUSD, bitEUR, ..) cost just as much? Or do you think we can get a discount? Got my card in the mail 👌

I'm afraid your guess is as good as anyone's because there are still too many unknowns for that.

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 05:59:06 am »
Support! But when it available to Asian?

Offline sschiessl

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 06:23:24 am »
Support! But when it available to Asian?

Only Wirex knows that. Jademont might have a better overview over the ongoings in that market.