Author Topic: [Announcement]Change of MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 for bitUSD  (Read 3920 times)

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile

Offline George_Bitspark

• Co-Founder and CEO of Bitspark
    • View Profile
    • Bitspark
Bitspark- Cash to Cryptocurrency

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Currently the "yes" worker has 367,597,451 votes and the "no" worker has 2,722,551 votes, at the same time the worker with highest support has 874,513,752 votes.

IMHO voter turnout of this subject is not sufficient (for me to decide to change). I will wait for more support.

Update (2019-05-19):
The "yes" worker now has 723,964,958 votes. Although I don't think BEOS's vote is serious, the other major voters who didn't vote for "yes"  (openledger,xeroc,blckchnd, clockwork and etc) also didn't vote for "no" after these days, so I think it's time for me to update my feed to 1.6.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:49:33 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BTSMoon

• View Profile

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
This highlights for me the need to specify in the BSIP the rules for acceptance / rejection similar to what has been done for  BSIP-42
https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0042.md#constant-voting-evaluation

Those BSIP would not be constantly evaluated as they reflect a one time decision, but rules for acceptance / rejection are clearly necessary.

Current voting state:
YES  363,854,977  (53,05% of given votes)
NO    321,904,221  (46,94% of given votes)

Brexit had less of a difference xD. Personally, I would consider this BSIP as accepted.

All right, I will give it another 24hrs and if the YES is still on top I will adjust.

Offline yamtt

• View Profile

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
Actually    proposal 1.14.188 is also over the 400K refund worker so they are both voted in. I will not support unless there is a clear 25% difference in votes. We need more people to weigh in on this. Simply to create more BitUSD to buy your own margin calls is probably not the answer atm.
The supporters of 1.14.188 are from BEOS. It is well known that they cannot represent the interests of the vast majority of shareholders, and their votes are personally emotional.
The same can be said about people that voted for 1.14.187.
Only beos support 1.14.187

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
This highlights for me the need to specify in the BSIP the rules for acceptance / rejection similar to what has been done for  BSIP-42
https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/blob/master/bsip-0042.md#constant-voting-evaluation

Those BSIP would not be constantly evaluated as they reflect a one time decision, but rules for acceptance / rejection are clearly necessary.

Current voting state:
YES  363,854,977  (53,05% of given votes)
NO    321,904,221  (46,94% of given votes)

Brexit had less of a difference xD. Personally, I would consider this BSIP as accepted.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:29:56 am by sschiessl »

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Actually    proposal 1.14.188 is also over the 400K refund worker so they are both voted in. I will not support unless there is a clear 25% difference in votes. We need more people to weigh in on this. Simply to create more BitUSD to buy your own margin calls is probably not the answer atm.
The supporters of 1.14.188 are from BEOS. It is well known that they cannot represent the interests of the vast majority of shareholders, and their votes are personally emotional.
The same can be said about people that voted for 1.14.187.

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
As the poll worker proposal 1.14.187 has been voted active and got more support than the "do not change" worker proposal 1.14.188, MCR of bitUSD will change from 1.75 to 1.6.

The change will happen after  UTC 00:00 13th, May, 2019.

Every witness is requested to update the feeding script to publish 1.6 as MCR of bitUSD, please do the job after UTC 00:00 13th, May, 2019 and finish before UTC 00:00 15th, May, 2019.

For more information about the poll for this change, please check https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28352.0
Email:bitcrab@qq.com