Author Topic: Price Feed Review  (Read 43915 times)

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I have updated my price feed and it should now be within the range of feeds produced within the last 15 minutes.

My Feed:
|  CNY   |    BTS     |  0.452646

Others:
verbaltech2                 0.4479   0.5599   1.6   1.02   1 minute ago
gdex-witness              0.4535   0.5981   1.6   1.01   2 minutes ago
roelandp                     0.4512   0.5414   1.6   1.02   3 minutes ago
fox                              0.4515   0.5418   1.6   1.02   5 minutes ago
btspp-witness             0.4523   0.5798   1.6   1.01   6 minutes ago
clockwork                   0.4540   0.5448   1.6   1.02   8 minutes ago
openledger-dc            0.4531   0.5696   1.6   1.02   10 minutes ago
in.abit                         0.4510    0.5782   1.6   1.02   10 minutes ago
magicwallet.witness   0.4525   0.5430   1.6   1.01   12 minutes ago
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
at the time bitCNY still have premium.

Warning: zbbtsbp, verbaltech2, xeldal, please.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:03:30 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Complain XMAN, as a witness he has not updated the price for more than 22 hours.
Actually xman was voted out of top 21 so unable to update price feed.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
I don't want say any "shit" words to these feed price, but if you can't provide a "fair" and "timely“ feed price and feel very hard, can you leave quietly and let other do this.

Can you explain where and how get these price?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:05:47 am by binggo »

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
Complain XMAN, as a witness he has not updated the price for more than 22 hours.

Offline zhouxiaobao

in my view, generally speaking, below are some principles to judge whether a witness feed price well enough.

1. feed price should reflect the price at which the conversion can be done between BTS and the pegged fiat.

2. feed price should be updated frequently enough to reflect the real market price.

3. for smartcoin with enough market depth in trading pair with BTS in DEX, such as bitCNY, feed price should not conflict with the modified DEX price, which means the DEX price plus the smartcoin premium/discount.

Exactly. I hope all the witnesses can reach the consensus.

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
I can sell you BTS for 6.2 cents like gdex-witness feeds if you want :)

sorry, gdex-witness will check and update USD price feeding, however that's not the excuse for you to not feed well. :)

Was only joking to point out double standards. Already explained what the issue was on a different thread due to fake Vols combined with zb API being down.

Feed looks stable now... Will adjust as needed
I agree. We need an accurate price, not too high or too low.

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
The prices offered by zbbtsbp were not updated for several hours and had deviated significantly from the actual price

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
So we would get margin calls on DEX (with 1.01) which would be more expensiv than BTS at regular price on CEX ?

yes, maybe, when all the price is market price and bitCNY has a 1%+ premium.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:02:41 am by bitcrab »

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
@binggo: For bitEUR price feed we can take a bitUSD price feed + EUR/USD exchange rate.

This is wrong.

EUR-USDT-BTC-BTS-BTC-USDT-EUR, there have some trading loss and charge, you take 1 EUR in maybe only 0.96 EUR out, the 0.04 EUR must count in the feed price.

If you want EUR chang to USD, you need to count the exchange loss and the charge.

It's not simple, and the feed price publisher must know these, if the feed price publisher didn't know these, please kill the stablecoin. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:58:05 am by binggo »

Offline bench

@binggo: For bitEUR price feed we can take a bitUSD price feed + EUR/USD exchange rate.
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
Other stable coins like bitEUR or bitRuble should also get a MCR of 1.6 and MSSR of 1.02.
@bitcrab: Can you initiate a vote for this parameter to other FIAT stable coins?

I think the user who use the bitEUR or bitRuble should think something more, because of these bitasset didn't have the Fiat gateways in DEX and didn't have the Fiat Trading pair in CEX.

How the user can detemine the quality of feed price? which price is the real fiat pirce?

But the funny things is the user of bitUSD seemed  these didn't need to care about.

Offline bench

Other stable coins like bitEUR or bitRuble should also get a MCR of 1.6 and MSSR of 1.02.
@bitcrab: Can you initiate a vote for this parameter to other FIAT stable coins?
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
in my view, generally speaking, below are some principles to judge whether a witness feed price well enough.

1. feed price should reflect the price at which the conversion can be done between BTS and the pegged fiat.

2. feed price should be updated frequently enough to reflect the real market price.

3. for smartcoin with enough market depth in trading pair with BTS in DEX, such as bitCNY, feed price should not conflict with the modified DEX price, which means the DEX price plus the smartcoin premium/discount.

So we would get margin calls on DEX (with 1.01) which would be more expensiv than BTS at regular price on CEX ?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile